Tenergy 05 hard vs Chinese rubbers

This user has no status.
Hi guys, how does tenergy 05 hard compare to Chinese rubbers in general?

Does tenergy 05 hard have multiple gears?

how easy is it to play with considering it is a hard rubber without the tack?

is the speed similar to a boosted hurricane ?

is it easy to switch from a hurricane to tenergy 05 hard?

thanks in advance

Hi guys, how does tenergy 05 hard compare to Chinese rubbers in general?

Does tenergy 05 hard have multiple gears?

how easy is it to play with considering it is a hard rubber without the tack?

is the speed similar to a boosted hurricane ?

is it easy to switch from a hurricane to tenergy 05 hard?

thanks in advance

If you're use to playing Hurricane, if I were you I wouldn't change. Given that the unique arc of a loop the hurricane provides, and not much player are proficient to its characteristics and effects. The tackiness also gives off the destructive prowess in serves and loops.

The playing style: how you hit the ball, are specific with when you play with Chinese rubbers. So if you change to other rubbers, it takes more effort and time to adapt to the changes in strokes.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
There simply isn't a replacement rubber for H3. I've played countless other rubbers from many major manufacturers and nothing comes really close to the boosted H3 prov blue sponge which was my favorite. The only reason I moved on was because of the hassle of boosting.

People need to stop trying to find a replacement. You can try hybrid ones but even they aren't close to H3.

Last edited:
Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Nowhere close, but plenty that are capable of more spin and speed.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I don't see the appeal of T05 hard. I have only hit a few times with other peep's, so it wasn't on my blade and comments aren't worth much. But T05 is built to spin, and unless you are crazy good 05 hard will make less spin. Of course this is probably also true of H3. If you don't have solid technique it is a crap rubber, and many people are using it who probably should not.
So in that respect yes, they are equivalent.

Most people seem to try t05 hard and then go back either to plain old tenergy, or on to dignics. Make of that what you will.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
How Do the OP play and how is his forehand technique?

Different rubbers suit different styles.

Reactions: Der_Echte
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
How Do the OP play and how is his forehand technique?

Different rubbers suit different styles.

I am USATT 2000+ rated and there is NO WAY I could play with T05 or T05 Hard and play my level... no way at all.

I so giggle my luvin' azz off when I see a club average or below player California Dreamin' and a drooling over a flavor of Tenergy. Heck, I got a 2200 level friend who shouts he is not good enough to use Tenergy.

Now T05FX... that is another matter, a fresh sheet of that rubber on either or both sides and now you are cooking.

I simply do not have the FH impact to make use of T05 Hard. I do on BH, but with enough time, I have discovered I land a few more percent on the table with a softer sponge and I can still crack it hard/fast and loaded on BH wing with the dynamic softer sponged rubbers...

Reactions: vik2000 and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I play with a large forehand swing (Chinese style).

Tempted to switch as the boosting process of hurricane can be a hassle and can be inconsistent.

I think you need working on accelerating with the forearm if you are used to china rubber. With china rubber you get spin from the tacky surface so do not need to accelerate as much. Proably get some arc aswell since the ball proably stays a bit on the rubber due to the tackiness.

Maybe better to try a little softer regular rubber so you still get some arc and the ball stays on the racket? Tenergy hard proably leaves the racket very fast and is hard so you need to accelerate alot to get spin. Proably also good if the rubber have good grip since you are used to it.

I believe more in tenergy 05 or Maybe dignics.

I play with a large forehand swing (Chinese style).

Tempted to switch as the boosting process of hurricane can be a hassle and can be inconsistent.

Xiom Omega V Asia is excellent for a full swing.
Xiom Omega 7 Asia is as hard as T05hard, but with a softer feeling, excellent wth a full swing, has lower arc than O5Asia, more power and more spin, needs more experience but generally is more friendly than T05Hard.

Reactions: vik2000
This user has no status.
T05 became such a huge hit because it seems to provide a feeling for many players that no other rubber can replace - how easy it is to loop with the rubber. I do think that many players don't recognize how the rubber is also a double-edged sword and it requires a fine touch for the serve return and short game. Most people don't seem to care much about that aspect as they take more pleasure in their ability to generate tremendous amount of spin looping with the rubber.

I've played with T05 and D05 but never tried T05FX so it's interesting to see your comment about it. Got a generous Christmas gift this year including T05FX and Mizutani ZLC and I'll try it for the first time next week. It'll be the fastest blade I've ever tried but at least it won't be paired with a ridiculously fast rubber like R53.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
I have switched from mxp(t05 alternative) to T05H in forehand.
T05H is definitely much harder then mxp. I can produce clicky sound easily with mxp but not with t05h with the same effort.I think amateurs should stay with t05 unless they find the speed and spin produced by t05 not enough.

For the sponge hardness, I think t05h's is somewhere at 39 degree of commercial H3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think Tenergy Hard is much much harder than 39 degrees? Feels very hard when i have Tried it. I thought closer to 50.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Chinese gums have a feeling that is much harder than these tangers. But despite the hardness they do not have the precision of the impact for me because they are just too hard, unless the control from rotation then they give advice