Jan 2018
YJ4Fo7j.jpg

iDXvHZ0.jpg

ptPnTBR.jpg

54GlBmx.png

H9t0x31.png

gwoFTHa.png

Career defining and ending matchups.

Losing in majors is entirely different. ZJK was losing to foreigners left and right before Rio and guess what?

For China, the 2 teammates won't meet until the final, and that means both of them have to defend their own half. That's the mission. The WTTC is an exam. You don't pass? You're out.

Same deal for ZYL. Many in China believe she's out of the race for Tokyo 2020.

Even she was dead sure she'd be selected for WTTC Budapest and freaked out, because she deleted all entries on her Weibo once the lineup was announced and her only event was WD. Olympic events 101: singles, team and mixed doubles.

I know it sounds so sad and mad. But hey, ML went 56 matches undefeated after WTTC 2011. Still had to settle with the team event for London 2012. XX is fortunate there's the new XD event.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Mima Ito's coach: You made some mistakes, I took notes, what do you think?

Zhu Yuling's coach: WTF's wrong with you?
Zhu Yuling: Her smashes are too fast.
Zhu Yuling's coach: Then counter her smashes. Do something. I don't give a damn. People are watching.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
"Zhu Yuling's coach", better known as Li Sun, is the guy who coached Wang Nan, Zhang Yining and Li Xiaoxia to a myriad of Olympic golds and WTTC titles. The guy knows how to coach alright. But of course zero credit is given to him and to Zhu Yuling herself. People "even" feel sorry for her. Goodness me is that a sad statement. As if she's not a human being. As if her being Chinese automatically makes her god-tier at table tennis without sacrificing her entire life to come anywhere close to that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
"Zhu Yuling's coach", better known as Li Sun, is the guy who coached Wang Nan, Zhang Yining and Li Xiaoxia to a myriad of Olympic golds and WTTC titles. The guy knows how to coach alright. But of course zero credit is given to him and to Zhu Yuling herself. People "even" feel sorry for her. Goodness me is that a sad statement. As if she's not a human being. As if her being Chinese automatically makes her god-tier at table tennis without sacrificing her entire life to come anywhere close to that.

I for one feel sorry for her because of the tremendous efforts she's put in. Had the Olympic selection happened last year, she would have a been a viable candidate.

2019 revealed something I had though even during her best years- she's very exploitable. Something about her style indicated to me that she was the most beatable out of the Chinese national team. 2019 confirmed that.

I do commend her on her mindset, and it's something I hope to be able to personally adopt. She's young, she is undoubtedly skilled, and she will definitely have a chance in 2024.

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

XX would have at least gotten the team spot even without XD. Zhu Yuling was the frontrunner to make the 2020 team in some capacity and replace Li Xiaoxia as she was the reserve in 2016. Then she got the runner up in 2017 wttc and won the world Cup. From there to this is just amzonf5.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Zhu Yuling is a great player I thought 1-1.5 years ago she would be a certainty for Tokyo 2020 but form has been really poor and don't think she would even come into selection discussion right now. Only hope now is to get consecutive titles and exceptional results to convince the coaches,.

Reactions: Atas Newton