New Setting - European style(?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Hello again, guys
I am planning on making new gear in the near future.

This time however, I would like to try European setup.

My initial wish list was Tenergy 05 on forehand, Joola Rhyzm P on backhand, with Joola TPE Perform blade. But I do also consider about Stratus blade, Evolution's lineup, Dignics, or some sort of it.

I am more of an advanced-intermediate player who play quite regularly and facing people with Tenergy, Yasaka Mark V, Timo Boll ALC, Schlager Wood daily. They are quite good and deliver heavy blow everytime they loop (phew..so tiring playing with them lol)

And yes, I have already felt the ball when brushing it.

Thank youu [emoji120][emoji177] and Merry Christmas, folks.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Yes.

I'm not intending to change this anywhere soon.

I've said it in the beginning I will build this new setting in the near future. Maybe next year, maybe later.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I think what Vegeta is trying to say is that your are a bit early to jump on the "equipment testing" bandwagon.

That being said, if money is not a concern, there is no harm in getting a Stiga OC + 2 sheets of Tenergy. Stick with it, get used to it, and keep replacing the same rubbers. Just don't start looking for "alternatives".

BTW blades make a much bigger difference than rubbers, what are you using now?

Cheers.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
I think what Vegeta is trying to say is that your are a bit early to jump on the "equipment testing" bandwagon.

That being said, if money is not a concern, there is no harm in getting a Stiga OC + 2 sheets of Tenergy. Stick with it, get used to it, and keep replacing the same rubbers. Just don't start looking for "alternatives".

BTW blades make a much bigger difference than rubbers, what are you using now?

Cheers.
Im not finding for any alternatives per se, I included the aforementioned tenergy in my potential wish list above. I'm just finding few options for the blade, and backhand rubber (should it differs with the fh) to accompany the tenergy(ies)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Play with whatever inspires you, if you are inspired by winning buy a set up based on reccomendations here based on your play level. If you are inspired by big forehand and backhand topsin rallies even if they are rare get something fast and hard like a clipper or a carbon blade with any euro rubbers, I personally love fastarc G1 as a forehand rubber because its not spin sensitive at all but if you do a thicker stroke its still great (for me too hard to engage on the BH properly)
If you LOVE watching people ripping backspin with topspin get a softer flexy blade like a primorac carbon or inner carbon blade (best value is fang BO 2) and a very tacky forhand rubber like H8 or Battle 2 and dont worry too much about backhand because lets be honest that is more personal in that case.