Palio rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I am curious to find out more about these rubbers. I see many people mention them a lot in other threads. I know they are very cheap, but are they good, and is there a legit site to buy them from? This is just a curiosity as I am soon buying myself a bat and want to explore all the possibilities.

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
They fall under "not bad" category for an intermediate to advanced player.

The major drawback of 3 palio AK47 tensor like rubbers is inconsistentency. A friend of mine plays with hadou and he finds it good as compared with AK-47.

Personally, I liked Aeolus, its better when compared with other Palio rubbers I've tried. However, at a similar investment, you can easily get Vega Intro, Ventus Basic, Rozena or even a Hexer Grip.

Not advisable to go with those cheap Palio rubbers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
That depends what do you expect. If you want super fast and super spinny rubbers you might want to look elsewhere than cheap Palio rubbers. You probably will look elsewhere than any cheap rubber... Quality does come at a premium usually. I have not used none of the more premium Palio rubbers like Thors, but those do get good reviews.

I've played with total of 5 sheets of Palio rubbers (2 blue ak47, yellow ak47 and 2 hidden dragons, I help my friends glue their bats and they've ordered bunch of palios on alliexpress) and all of them were fine. I don't personally like AK's, they are not that spinny, but they have some power. Dragons were good.

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Thank you for replies. Yogi, or anybody else, do you know a legit site to buy those rubbers from. That is my biggest problem with palio rubbers, also with yinhe and more cheap rubbers I dont know where could I buy them legit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Yogi, I’m not seeing Palio CJ8000 “with provincial blue sponge”; can you specify which CJ8000 rubber you’re speaking of with other details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marko
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I saw the “Pro”, but Yogi specified 36-38 degree, and this one doesn’t show to be available that soft...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I am curious to find out more about these rubbers. I see many people mention them a lot in other threads. I know they are very cheap, but are they good, and is there a legit site to buy them from? This is just a curiosity as I am soon buying myself a bat and want to explore all the possibilities.

They are very good for their price.
It's like a 1/4 of a price of a good high end rubber. So you can change 4 times as often as you change top brand rubber and get even. And if you change your rubbers lets say every 3 months, so you can change palio every 3 weeks. They won't be as good as high end rubbers for a first month or so, but your new Palio could be as good as top end rubber for the second half of high end rubbers lifetime and better for the last part of the lifetime.

So give it a try and see if it suits you. I don't think you should worry a lot about fake Palio at the price point they are selling. So any normal Aliexpress table tennis shop should do it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
With the same thickness, is there a weight difference between cj8000 Biotech 36-38 (purple sponge) and cj8000 36-38 (cream colored sponge)?

Edit: I realised that I remembered wrong. I tried a harder version (cream) Before I tried the softer One (lavender).

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Last edited:
tt-store.eu; the don't have Palio but you can find Yinhe, Kokutaku, Giant Dragon, ..

A top-end Palio product is HK1997 Gold rubber. I am not sure about the consistency myself, had only 1 sheet, but with the price of about $12, it surely raises some worries thinking of consistency. The one I got was of a very high quality.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Btw Cj8000 is a great rubber for it's price if you're beginner to advanced. Max 7$ at eacheng and other sites for regular version. When sold in Europe they go under the model versions Extreme -spin, -speed or -balance, which refers to the sponge hardness. They're more expensive, since they're probably picked for the best quality when controlling.
The speed of cj8000 is similar to classic rubbers like Sriver, Mark V, Vario, Coppa etc. But is far easier to create spin with in my experience. Surface is grippy and slightly to medium tacky, depending on version. They also lasts a lot longer than Sriver for instance, which only lasted me about 3 Months with 2 hours of practice a week, when I was a teen. Then they die. No spin. The surface gets so smooth that it becomes dificult to get the ball over the net.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Reactions: yoass