DHS Long 5 and Nittaku Fastarc G1, which was your 2019 best set up?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I bought 15 blades this year. Most impressed by the Andro CS7 Velocity. I think it is the most "full package" upgrade to classic 7-plies (stiffer, faster, avoids the excessive "boxiness" of other thick 7-plies, yet not jarringly hard as some mono-material blades), truly excellent stuff.

For rubbers: Andro Blowfish and Hexer HD. I'm usually not brand loyal, but their stuff really hit the sweetspot in terms of hardness and feel.

This user has no status.
I have had three blades up until now: donic burn carbotox, donic ovtcharov true carbon and dhs hurricane long v. The HLV is quite something for me with tibhar mxp on fh and els on bh. I lime to play a little away from the table and the aggression and spin I get from this setup is great. I'm able to play explosive backhands even away from the table.

could you briefly compare Q4 with G-1?

Q4: the top sheet has more grip than G1 and the sponge feels harder, as a result any small and fast brush over the table are loaded with a heavy spin, however the arc is much lower than G1, as a result, in my case many 3rd or 4th loop while playing hit the bottom net. Due the grip and sponge, serves come with more spin, maybe more than G-1. In terms or returning serves both rubbers are excellent, good for touch, not spin sensitive and when attacking a serve is easy to overcome or kill the serve with a fast brush.

The 2 reasons (the only reasons) why I switched back to G1 were:

1. For some reason, I found Q4 difficult to control in regular warm up drives, ball was over the table or at the bottom of the net unless you apply always a brush motion with you wrist.
2. If you are attacking and find yourself out of position, with the Q4 the ball will probably hit the net.

My problems with Q4 were on the FH, most likely due my technique :eek:, however with G1 everything just works, spin, smashes, etc, the arc of G1 is just perfect, it almost plays by itself :rolleyes:.

I also think I need more time to adapt to Q4, like many rubbers. However G1 is one of those rubbers you adapt at the very first stroke. I am not a fan of using two different rubbers on my blade but I'm thinking to combine Q4 at my backhand and G1 at my forehand.

Q4 produces heavier spins and the ball travels in a more linear direction, if are use to always brush, you will love this rubber, forget about Tenergy, Q4 is the real deal when talking spin.
G1 produces more arc, so it "explodes" when hits the other side of the table.

Other characteristics:
Q4 smells bad.
Q4 sponge is dark violet.
Q4 red color is matte, very nice looking rubber.

I would love to use Q4 again in the future, however at the moment is difficult for me to handle.

Reactions: Dream2K
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition coupled with brand-new sheets of Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue and Nittaku Moristo SP AX hit the sweet-spot for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Dynasty Carbon and H3 on both side. My setup was intensity with H3 41 and Tenergy 05, then Dynasty Carbon with H3 41/H3 39, then H3/Dignics 05. Now my backhand is stronger, I switched the dignics back to a H3 for more consistency and control as I can almost generate the same speed with H3 37 compared to the dignics 05.

Sent from my ALP-AL00 using Tapatalk

Last edited: