Number of glue layers on rubber and blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

Does adding more thin layers of glue on rubber and blade give more control, feeling, speed and spin too? Like is there benefit to using 3 or 4 thin layers of glue on rubber and 2 layers on the blade? Or is it not true? Would like to know different experiences about this.

Thanks.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I don't recommend thick layers on hard sponged rubbers. Takes away its primary quality...

In any case, you need a lot of glue to make a noticeable difference. No need really.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
How many layers of free chack pro on new rubbers ie Dignics?
Does more layers on rubber change the feel?

The free chack pro is creating a thick layer. Hence, one layer on the Dignics 05 and one layer on the blade is more than enough (for me).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
How many layers of free chack pro on new rubbers ie Dignics?
Does more layers on rubber change the feel?

When the rubber is new, I usually use 2 layers of free chack pro. I feel like when I use 1 layer I get a feeling that it's a bit too watery/too thin. Also, it's easier to remove the glue afterwards / reapply new glue when I put 2 layers of glue on when the rubber is fresh

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
When the rubber is new, I usually use 2 layers of free chack pro. I feel like when I use 1 layer I get a feeling that it's a bit too watery/too thin. Also, it's easier to remove the glue afterwards / reapply new glue when I put 2 layers of glue on when the rubber is fresh

Would having 2 layers instead of 1 make it feel different for example softer.

The rubbers were put on brand new beginning of March with 1 layer on blade 1 layer on rubbers. Just wondering if I reglued with another layer on rubber would it make feel softer or any different.

ZQH

This user has no status.

ZQH

This user has no status.
Jan 2024
3 layers on rubber, 1 layer on blade . Increase spin, control , consistency, and feels like I can grab the ball better,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
If you have good quality glue, one layer each on rubber and blade is enough. I suspect the reason why some people started to use multiple layers is because they were using bad glue which did not have enough rubber solids in it making multiple layers a requirement. In my opinion more than one layer is a waste of time and increases the chance of the glue layer being not uniform but I suppose some folks prefer the ritual and fetishistic aspects of racket assembly.