New Easy blade

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi guys here another video, i didn't win but one of my best matches. As you can see many free mistakes, i can't relax!!
Until the last minutes of training before the match i move my feet and feel ready. Then i stand and move only my arm. I'd like to change the situation but i don't know how.

https://youtu.be/hAtMkmaXFJ0

Sorry, but I have to be honest here. If you think you are playing well and moving your feet well in the warm up before the match, you don't understand what you are trying to do there and how nice your opponent is being to you in that warm up.

In the warm up you are moving him all over the place. You are going wide and then jamming him. You do not have enough control to put the ball in the same place consistently. And he is being very nice trying to put the ball back to you where the ball is supposed to be going. When he is not successful, it is invariably because of your shot first.

Your opponent is also clearly much better than you even if he is not taking the match too seriously.

In the game you won, your opponent already knows the things you cannot do and is being very nice by not pushing to your BH over and over. He also is not using the serves he has that can cause you to put it in the net or push long the same way as in the first game. He is also taking a lot of high risk shots that he really does not need to take if he just wants to win the points. He is not trying to miss them. And he does miss a lot of them. But if it was just about strategy and doing what he needed to win each point, you would not have won a game; you probably would not have gotten more than 5 in any game if he just wanted to win each point he could.

In the first game, what, you got 3 points? In the third game I think you got 4 points. That is happening because he is a higher level player than you and there are many things he can do to win points when he wants.

There are a few points where you play well. You honestly move your feet much better in the match than in the pregame warmup. But you still are not reading the spin on his serves and shots. This makes sense based on your level and your other video. So, it is not a bad thing. But it is worth having a reality check. What you are doing in the warmup is actually in many ways, much worse than what you do in the actual match.

So I am fairly sure you do not have a good assessment of what you are thinking you are doing well and what you are actually doing well.

But, for only playing for a year, or however long you are playing, and playing someone who is at enough of a different level that he does not have to really focus while playing you, you played fine in this match. It is just likely not for the reasons you think you played well.

Practice game skills. Practice match simulation drills. Practice attacking backspin with your BH at every chance you get.

But do not think that you trying to hit cross court and not being able to put the ball in the cross court box is you playing well. That is just silly. With any 2 decent level players doing cross court warm up stuff like that, they will not even have to move their feet because both players shots will be very consistently where they should be. And if you need to move your feet in warm ups like that, consider that you are probably not doing it very well.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
First off - frigging outstanding English you got as a non-native. Yeah, there are so many on the forum as non-native English writers who function great in English, but I wanted to say it. USA jokers are usually so quick to point out small errors and get stupid.

The point you are at in your early development, you could pick up Werner Schlager's OFF++ bat or Grubba's ALL MINUS bat with whatever inverted rubber and you would perform in a match pretty much the same.

You have so many things to address we would have to make a 52 point gig-list.

It will take some competent help for you to get assistance to learn what and how to do things and get effective training/correction and experience.

That is going to take a while.

If you want to build a more solid foundation, go for middle of the road stuff, we are talking about ALL or ALL+ blade and medium speed modern rubbers with a softer sponge. These are the "FX", Sound, Spin, and Soft or "3" versions of modern rubbers. You could order and replace this entire setup for well under 100 Euros, still a very below average price for a complete bat.

Why go middle of the road and softer? You can feel errors better, you would need to use more whip from body to get acceptable levels of spin/pace... and if you keep a loose grip, it will actually be pretty easy to make spin and still have some dwell and leeway for a little error. That is a pundit's stance, but it has been tried over time and works.

The most important thing is competent assistance in person frequently.

if you try to learn just from reading or seeing, you are in for a vey slow and long journey. I have been there, actually was there my first few years in the sport. No chance to get coaching and it really prevented me from growing.

Hi guys here another video, i didn't win but one of my best matches. As you can see many free mistakes, i can't relax!!
Until the last minutes of training before the match i move my feet and feel ready. Then i stand and move only my arm. I'd like to change the situation but i don't know how.

https://youtu.be/hAtMkmaXFJ0

Well, you've been answered pretty well regarding technique and setup.
I would dare to to give a little advice regarding that match and that opponent.
Its clear he is more experienced and better than you, though he made a lot of mistakes. Some of these mistakes may be because he was not serious enough, feeling that he is much better. But its not the only reason. He is a "wrist" player. On the other side you are somewhat "weird" - in his eyes your body language sometimes does not correspond to the ball behaviour, and when a "wrist" player misread the ball he fails easier.
So sometimes, if you pay good attention to your opponents style, you may monetarize the positives of your negatives.

This user has no status.
[QUOTE = Der_Echte; 301.581] Innanzi tutto - frigging eccezionale inglese che hai come un non-native. Sì, ci sono così tanti sul forum come scrittori inglesi non madrelingua che funzionano benissimo in inglese, ma volevo dirlo. I burloni statunitensi di solito sono così veloci nel sottolineare piccoli errori e diventare stupidi.

Nel punto in cui ti trovi nel tuo primo sviluppo, potresti raccogliere la mazza OFF ++ di Werner Schlager o la mazza ALL MINUS di Grubba con qualsiasi gomma invertita e ti esibiresti in una partita praticamente allo stesso modo.

Hai così tante cose da affrontare che dovremmo fare un elenco di 52 punti.

Ci vorrà un aiuto competente per ottenere assistenza per imparare cosa e come fare le cose e ottenere una formazione / correzione ed esperienza efficaci.

Ci vorrà un po '.

Se vuoi costruire una base più solida, vai al centro della strada, stiamo parlando della lama ALL o ALL + e delle gomme moderne a media velocità con una spugna più morbida. Queste sono le versioni "FX", Sound, Spin e Soft o "3" delle gomme moderne. È possibile ordinare e sostituire l'intero setup per ben meno di 100 euro, ancora un prezzo molto al di sotto della media per un pipistrello completo.

Perché andare in mezzo alla strada e più morbido? Puoi sentire meglio gli errori, dovresti usare più frusta dal corpo per ottenere livelli accettabili di rotazione / andatura ... e se mantieni una buona presa, in realtà sarà abbastanza facile fare spin e avere ancora un po 'di sosta e libertà per un piccolo errore. Questa è la posizione di un esperto, ma è stata provata nel tempo e funziona.

La cosa più importante è l'assistenza competente di persona frequentemente.

se provi ad imparare solo leggendo o vedendo, sei in un viaggio molto lento e lungo. Sono stato lì, in realtà era lì i miei primi anni in questo sport. Nessuna possibilità di ottenere il coaching e davvero mi ha impedito di crescere. [/ QUOTE]
I didn't understand the words about my english.. sorry

This user has no status.
The player in the last match is playing for 25 years!!
Maybe in the video it's different from the reality, but my bh services are difficult to read. I try to do the same motion for backspin and side/top spin balls. Thats why sometimes the other player made some mistakes. So what do you think about this new blade?
Blade : Timonboll FORTE BTY
Rubbers: big dipper

I have these things at my home.
I don't know if its better with chinese rubbers or no tacky rubbers..

This user has no status.
Maybe you need to brush upwards more rather than the forward (and sometimes i can see there downward component) when hitting a backspin ball. So perhaps bend your knees more and have brush across the chest. There are some good videos of Ma Long training around.

As for blade i think all wood blade, Nittaku Acoustic has nice feel and fast even though it is an all wood blade.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Maybe in the video it's different from the reality, but my bh services are difficult to read. I try to do the same motion for backspin and side/top spin balls. Thats why sometimes the other player made some mistakes. So what do you think about this new blade?

Again people have given you plenty of great practical and equipment advice on this thread.

5-ply all-wood ALL+ to OFF- blade. Exemples: Butterfly Primorac or Korbel, Stiga Azalea, Xiom Offensive S, Yasaka Sweden.

Rubbers: Xiom Vega Intro/Elite/Europe, Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft, in 2.0mm, same rubber on both sides.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

As long as you understand that and that, when he wants, he can make you miss. That he is much better than you and being very nice in how he played with you. And as long as you understand you actually play better in the match than in the warm up.

Again people have given you plenty of great practical and equipment advice on this thread.

5-ply all-wood ALL+ to OFF- blade. Exemples: Butterfly Primorac or Korbel, Stiga Azalea, Xiom Offensive S, Yasaka Sweden.

Rubbers: Xiom Vega Intro/Elite/Europe, Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft, in 2.0mm, same rubber on both sides.

Yeah: I think a Boll Forte would be a mistake. It is a thick, hard blade. You need something with more flex and something that has a softer top ply. The recommendations Thomas listed would be fine. I would not choose a Yasaka Sweden Extra for you because of the top ply. And I would not choose an Offensive S for you because it is a little thicker than you want. But they would be acceptable even though I would not recommend them for you.

I still think the best blade listed for you would probably be the Korbel.

And definitely do not put on Big Dipper rubbers. The rubber you are using for FH is fine. Don't change that. The rubber you are using on BH is too hard and not dynamic enough. Big Dipper is harder and less dynamic than your ELS. So Big Dipper would be WORSE for you to use. But it would be good for pushing. :)

I don't think you need the same rubbers on both sides even though I usually tell people that the way Thomas is telling you that. Because your FH is fine with the rubber you have but even ELP would be bad for your BH. Probably FXP would be good. Rakza 7 Soft would also be good. So would Aurus Soft. Vega Europe would be fine as well. If I was you I would not get Vega Intro or Elite.

There are a few BH topspins in that second video that show that once you are solid with looping backspin with your BH, your BH will be quite decent.

I would go with FXP so it is close enough to your ELP but a little softer.

So:

Korbel with ELP on FH and FXP on BH is what I would recommend specifically for you from what I saw in the video footage.

You really are quite good for how long you are playing. With the right setup and you continuing to train and work on game skills, your level will go up quite fast.

Good luck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
For example, if someone feels that the lack of control whether the rubber is too fast is worth trying with similar parameters but softer rubbers - they often solve problems.

In the new movie (I don't know which one you are) but the problems are with an inaccurate hit often - such a hit from now without focusing on its accuracy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Technique and consistency

It's normal when someone feel very good at training because you more relaxed, it's different when play in real match you feel more tense

But what i saw in your video
You need more work at your basic skill and more play with different opponent

So you can gain more confident when you play in real match

You get a very good advice in here, just get a korbel or even allround with two of rakza 7 you will be good for a long time

Or anyone already mention very good advice, try it and thank us later

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong