Swedish champion beaten by technician-on-duty.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Google translation:

A quarter before the SM finals in table tennis, Jens Lundquist, 38, was told that he was not allowed to play with his regular racket.

Then he chose to leave "walk over" in protest.

"This is a huge scandal, I'm ashamed of the sport," Lundquist told Sportbladet.
To say the least, chaotic scenes took place when Olympic merit Jens Lundquist, 38, met Kristian Karlsson, 26, in the finals of table tennis.
A quarter before the match started, Lundquist was told that his regular racket was too thick and therefore not approved for play.
- They have brought in a measuring instrument that proves not to work. I've been playing with my regular racket all weekend and I know it's not too thick, says Lundquist.
"Catastrophic"
He is escaped cursed.
- This is a huge scandal. It is disastrous for the competition, for the sport and for Kristian who is not allowed to win an SM final properly. Both he and I have played well throughout the competition and I think people had thought it was pretty fun to see us meet ...
Couldn't you just have played with a spare racket?
- Yes, I could well, but my first racket is better, that's what I play with all the time. I had the opportunity to change but why should I go into an SM final with a racket that doesn't feel quite right? I need to be 110 percent to be able to beat Kristian and when I know I have the right stuff I wonder why I should put on the wrong terms? It feels pissed not to play an SM final, but somewhere is the limit.
Are you sure the measuring instrument was broken?
- Yes, I stand next to the judge when he measures the thickness. The border goes at 4.03 millimeters and now it commutes between 3.89 and 4.15. The chief judge even says "oh, now there seems to be something wrong with the measuring instrument", then he tries to knock it on!
It sounds amateurish.
- That's hobby level! These times you are ashamed of the sport, says Lundquist.
"Damn disappointed"
Lars-Erik Briggner, one of the two judges, tells Helsingborgs Dagblad that the decision was made on good grounds and that the measuring instrument was not at all wrong.
This is despite the fact that one of the judges, according to Jens Lundquist, must have said that the instrument was in fact wrong.
- It was said so in a moment when it happened to shut down because the shutter button was reached. It was quite upset and there was a touch on the shutter button. But it works, there is nothing wrong with the machine, says Briggner.
When the measurement was made, Bengt Andersson of the Swedish table tennis association, who is the most responsible for the Swedish competition, stood next to it.
To Helsingborgs Dagblad Andersson says:
- What has happened is terribly sad. Terribly.
Have you talked to Bengt Andersson afterwards, Jens?
- I talked to him there and then but he said he can't do anything, that it's the judge who makes the decision, says Lundquist.
He has not filed any protest.
- No, chances are already done. Unable to play the game now. Right now I'm just terribly disappointed and annoyed. Do you think this had happened in any other sport? No, not a chance, says Jens Lundquist.

says Aging is a killer
Let me get this straight. Are they saying that the test instrument measurement varied between 3.89 and 4.15 at the same measured position on the bat? Or that the bat measured 3.89 at one point and 4.15 at another. If it's the latter, the player has no issue to contest. If it's the first, then there's either an instrument or competence fault.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Unprofessional to say the least.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I will do the same with WO

Visit the official STIGA store on the product link and order our pre-assembled Allround Future M, a racket combination consisting of the famous Allround Classic blade and our DNA Future rubbers, prepared, glued and cut by STIGA player Jens Lundquist.
For those ordering now, a special surprise from STIGA players Jens Lundquist and Jon Persson are included in the package.
Available now in the official STIGA store.
1f3d3.png

Jens be like, here is my Booster, I will prepare with my own special combination and BANG someone racket will fail inspection 😈😈

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I think...
He could play with the same racket yesterday and one day later he can't and (maybe) he didn't boost his racket so he feel hurt because he didn't do anything illegal or bad and he must change his racket.
The same situation with myself when people provokes me because my blade broke without reason after 20 hours play and I am the biggest part of problem like I didn't want to play with normal blade and Upsidedowncarl haunts me like it is my fault that people JOKES ABOUT ME in different threads when I feel it is personal attack.
So Jens had the same attitude, I make joke about him and his another work with Stiga, I will boost your DNA FUTURE to the last cells, you will fail inspection!!! This is funny part of thread

Last edited:
says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
I actually started boosting because of Igor, when someone cries about something for so long you just gotta try it, h3 is pretty nice boosted, modern eu/jap dont need it in my opinion, get a bit too bouncy for my taste.

Gonna get a tattoo " SPEED GLUE FOREVER"

BOOST FOR IGORS LIFE!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I actually started boosting because of Igor, when someone cries about something for so long you just gotta try it, h3 is pretty nice boosted, modern eu/jap dont need it in my opinion, get a bit too bouncy for my taste.

Gonna get a tattoo " SPEED GLUE FOREVER"

BOOST FOR IGORS LIFE!

Are you going to have the tattoo on your forehead ? 😁

Reactions: JustANoob
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thickness Infraction happens often in Pro tournaments.
Pros needs to learn on how to handle infractions and if the google translation is the full story, then it is the players lost at the end of the day and we 4 years on already. one of those Igor bring up old news threads.
There is a reason why you have many spares in your bag (just like Tennis, Badminton and many other pro sports)

And some pros even test the thickness themselves (or someone in the team admin staff will do so) before getting to racket control desk.

If the device is not accurate, then same "not accurate device" used on other players bat would also provide thickness infractions

This user has no status.
Thickness Infraction happens often in Pro tournaments.
Pros needs to learn on how to handle infractions and if the google translation is the full story, then it is the players lost at the end of the day and we 4 years on already. one of those Igor bring up old news threads.
There is a reason why you have many spares in your bag (just like Tennis, Badminton and many other pro sports)

And some pros even test the thickness themselves (or someone in the team admin staff will do so) before getting to racket control desk.

If the device is not accurate, then same "not accurate device" used on other players bat would also provide thickness infractions
Hou Yingchao measures his racket after he glued it.