This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 154 532
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 532 154

User Info Menu

Jan 2012
    Former Soviet Union
    Read 0 Reviews

Swedish champion beaten by technician-on-duty.

Yes, I like it.

The Following User Likes igorponger's Post:

bobpuls

Last edited by igorponger; 01-05-2020 at 11:14 AM.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 45 123
    A
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 123 45
    I don't understand. Did his bat fail the legality checks?

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 115 107
    Z
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 107 115
    Google translation:

A quarter before the SM finals in table tennis, Jens Lundquist, 38, was told that he was not allowed to play with his regular racket.

Then he chose to leave "walk over" in protest.

"This is a huge scandal, I'm ashamed of the sport," Lundquist told Sportbladet.
    To say the least, chaotic scenes took place when Olympic merit Jens Lundquist, 38, met Kristian Karlsson, 26, in the finals of table tennis.
    A quarter before the match started, Lundquist was told that his regular racket was too thick and therefore not approved for play.
    - They have brought in a measuring instrument that proves not to work. I've been playing with my regular racket all weekend and I know it's not too thick, says Lundquist.
    "Catastrophic"
    He is escaped cursed.
    - This is a huge scandal. It is disastrous for the competition, for the sport and for Kristian who is not allowed to win an SM final properly. Both he and I have played well throughout the competition and I think people had thought it was pretty fun to see us meet ...
    Couldn't you just have played with a spare racket?
    - Yes, I could well, but my first racket is better, that's what I play with all the time. I had the opportunity to change but why should I go into an SM final with a racket that doesn't feel quite right? I need to be 110 percent to be able to beat Kristian and when I know I have the right stuff I wonder why I should put on the wrong terms? It feels pissed not to play an SM final, but somewhere is the limit.
    Are you sure the measuring instrument was broken?
    - Yes, I stand next to the judge when he measures the thickness. The border goes at 4.03 millimeters and now it commutes between 3.89 and 4.15. The chief judge even says "oh, now there seems to be something wrong with the measuring instrument", then he tries to knock it on!
    It sounds amateurish.
    - That's hobby level! These times you are ashamed of the sport, says Lundquist.
    "Damn disappointed"
    Lars-Erik Briggner, one of the two judges, tells Helsingborgs Dagblad that the decision was made on good grounds and that the measuring instrument was not at all wrong.
    This is despite the fact that one of the judges, according to Jens Lundquist, must have said that the instrument was in fact wrong.
    - It was said so in a moment when it happened to shut down because the shutter button was reached. It was quite upset and there was a touch on the shutter button. But it works, there is nothing wrong with the machine, says Briggner.
    When the measurement was made, Bengt Andersson of the Swedish table tennis association, who is the most responsible for the Swedish competition, stood next to it.
    To Helsingborgs Dagblad Andersson says:
    - What has happened is terribly sad. Terribly.
    Have you talked to Bengt Andersson afterwards, Jens?
    - I talked to him there and then but he said he can't do anything, that it's the judge who makes the decision, says Lundquist.
    He has not filed any protest.
    - No, chances are already done. Unable to play the game now. Right now I'm just terribly disappointed and annoyed. Do you think this had happened in any other sport? No, not a chance, says Jens Lundquist.

says , "the older I get, the craftier I become"

Elite TTD Member 1,073 1,298

Elite TTD Member 1,298 1,073
    Let me get this straight. Are they saying that the test instrument measurement varied between 3.89 and 4.15 at the same measured position on the bat? Or that the bat measured 3.89 at one point and 4.15 at another. If it's the latter, the player has no issue to contest. If it's the first, then there's either an instrument or competence fault.
    My table tennis club in Bristol, England
    http://bristol-cssc-tabletennis.weebly.com/

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 751 1,085
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,085 751
    This is two year old news.

His racket failed inspection. He refused to use his spare racket so did a WO in the final. End of story.

The Following 3 Users Like mart1nandersson's Post:

bobpuls, thomas.pong and 1 other

says Ba'al has spoken

Master TTD Member 5,894 3,532
    B
    says Ba'al has spoken

Master TTD Member 3,532 5,894

User Info Menu

Nov 2010
    Read 8 Reviews
    Unprofessional to say the least.

Elite TTD Member 1,073 1,298

Elite TTD Member 1,298 1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by mart1nandersson
    This is two year old news.

His racket failed inspection. He refused to use his spare racket so did a WO in the final. End of story.
    I thought the story sounded familiar
    My table tennis club in Bristol, England
    http://bristol-cssc-tabletennis.weebly.com/