Back to Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. 729B2zzzz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 15 122
    7
    729B2zzzz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 122 15
    #1

    such thing as short pips but in normal smooth?

    i was wondering if there is such thing as short pips but in inverted form?

  2. lasta is online now
    says This user has status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 505 927
    lasta's Avatar
    lasta is online now
    says This user has status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 927 505

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2018
    Canada
    927
    505
    2282
    Read 0 Reviews
    #2
    Inverted with short pimples? Tenergy 25, 729 Bloom Arc are both very short.

    Inverted more aimed at drive/smash than looping? Bryce/T64 in an indirect way. Nittaku Goriki Kaisoku for a "inverted conical short pips rubber".

  3. 729B2zzzz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 15 122
    7
    729B2zzzz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 122 15
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by lasta
    Inverted with short pimples? Tenergy 25, 729 Bloom Arc are both very short.

    Inverted more aimed at drive/smash than looping? Bryce/T64 in an indirect way. Nittaku Goriki Kaisoku for a "inverted conical short pips rubber".
    my bad as in it does what short pips do as in not sensitive to spin etc and you can punch though it but in inverted form

  4. Shifu is offline
    says CHO!
     
    Senior TTD Member 600 757
    Shifu's Avatar
    Shifu is offline
    says CHO!
     
    Senior TTD Member 757 600

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2017
    Europe
    757
    600
    2217
    Read 2 Reviews
    #4
    Tenergy 25 is the closest to that imho.

    Or you could take another route and play anti.

  5. 729B2zzzz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 15 122
    7
    729B2zzzz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 122 15
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian
    Tenergy 25 is the closest to that imho.

    Or you could take another route and play anti.
    is there such thing as a fast anti? like short pips

  6. Hustler37 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 9 262
    H
    Hustler37 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 262 9

    User Info Menu


    May 2015
    Sao Tome
    262
    9
    445
    Read 0 Reviews
    #6
    Is it all most the same feeling playing with Nittaku Goriki Kaisoku 1,4 mm or 1,8 mm on bh if im plying with short pips on BH???

  7. brokenball is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 375 792
    B
    brokenball is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 792 375

    User Info Menu

    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by lasta
    Inverted with short pimples? Tenergy 25, 729 Bloom Arc are both very short.

    Inverted more aimed at drive/smash than looping? Bryce/T64 in an indirect way. Nittaku Goriki Kaisoku for a "inverted conical short pips rubber".
    I have T25 mounted on a paddle and I have a sheet of T05. I don't see where T25 pimples are shorter than the T05 pimples. The T25 pimple are fatter or wider.

    The Following User Likes brokenball's Post:

    UpSideDownCarl


  8. brokenball is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 375 792
    B
    brokenball is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 792 375

    User Info Menu

    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian
    Tenergy 25 is the closest to that imho.

    Or you could take another route and play anti.
    What? As it turns out my T25 is mounted on a Dr N matador blade with Megablock on the BH. The point of this is to have a contrast. T25 and Anti, especially the newer German frictionless ones, are extremely different. That is what I want because the opponent must adapt to balls hit from the T25 or the Anti. I twiddle.

    T25 is very spinny but a little faster than T05 so the spin to speed ratio of T05 is a little better than T25. T25 has a flatter trajectory given the same stroke.

    T25 is good for blocking off the bounce. When I twiddle, I rarely try to loop with T25 on my BH because it is difficult to adjust between the T25 and Anti so I keep my back hand twiddle shots simple to minimize error. So I block or punch block. This is usually effective enough because the opponent is expecting a slow back spin ball from the anti but instead he gets a fast top spin ball from the T25 resulting in pop ups.

    If someone just wants to block or punch block I would get SP like 802-40 or even 802. They don't have the grip of an inverted rubber and tend to reduce spin if simply blockling. The balls tend not to grip well on 802 or 802-40. They are poor for counter looping since they won't override the incoming spin.

  9. Hustler37 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 9 262
    H
    Hustler37 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 262 9

    User Info Menu


    May 2015
    Sao Tome
    262
    9
    445
    Read 0 Reviews
    #9
    What do you think about if im using Gipfelsturm on bh, to block punch hitting with

  10. Shifu is offline
    says CHO!
     
    Senior TTD Member 600 757
    Shifu's Avatar
    Shifu is offline
    says CHO!
     
    Senior TTD Member 757 600

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2017
    Europe
    757
    600
    2217
    Read 2 Reviews
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenball
    What? As it turns out my T25 is mounted on a Dr N matador blade with Megablock on the BH. The point of this is to have a contrast. T25 and Anti, especially the newer German frictionless ones, are extremely different. That is what I want because the opponent must adapt to balls hit from the T25 or the Anti. I twiddle.

    T25 is very spinny but a little faster than T05 so the spin to speed ratio of T05 is a little better than T25. T25 has a flatter trajectory given the same stroke.

    T25 is good for blocking off the bounce. When I twiddle, I rarely try to loop with T25 on my BH because it is difficult to adjust between the T25 and Anti so I keep my back hand twiddle shots simple to minimize error. So I block or punch block. This is usually effective enough because the opponent is expecting a slow back spin ball from the anti but instead he gets a fast top spin ball from the T25 resulting in pop ups.

    If someone just wants to block or punch block I would get SP like 802-40 or even 802. They don't have the grip of an inverted rubber and tend to reduce spin if simply blockling. The balls tend not to grip well on 802 or 802-40. They are poor for counter looping since they won't override the incoming spin.
    I thought he was looking for a rubber for block and counter game but as inverted. T25 is suited for that. It’s ofc very different from short pips but that would be the rubber I would use for close to table countering and blocking with inverted.

  11. Brs is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 637 611
    B
    Brs is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 611 637

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2015
    Christmas Island
    611
    637
    1893
    Read 0 Reviews
    #11
    What's the point of the OP? You want exactly SP results from an inverted. Is that because of the discrimination you face as a pips player? One of the rules addresses that but I don't remember which number.

    The Following User Likes Brs's Post:

    lasta


  12. 729B2zzzz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 15 122
    7
    729B2zzzz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 122 15
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brs
    What's the point of the OP? You want exactly SP results from an inverted. Is that because of the discrimination you face as a pips player? One of the rules addresses that but I don't remember which number.
    nope just was hoping it exists? or near enough to SP

  13. lasta is online now
    says This user has status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 505 927
    lasta's Avatar
    lasta is online now
    says This user has status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 927 505

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2018
    Canada
    927
    505
    2282
    Read 0 Reviews
    #13
    There is a pretty wide no mans land between a spinny short pimple and a speed oriented inverted. I recommend you pick one side as there are unavoidable direct trade offs.

    The Goriki Kaisoku tried to stamp his feet right in the middle, but it ended up with the best qualities of neither. For the short time I tried it, i liken it to a slightly softer, non-tacky Hurricane. Not that spinny, not that fast, kinda dead.

    The idea of a Loop + Smash rubber is good in intention. But IMO, if you can loop well enough to get a high return, you can smash with any rubber.

  14. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 10,989 10,742
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 10,742 10,989

    User Info Menu

    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by 729B2zzzz
    my bad as in it does what short pips do as in not sensitive to spin etc and you can punch though it but in inverted form
    Get a sheet of very used Calibra LT and call it a day.

    The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

    BlueSkies

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  15. lasta is online now
    says This user has status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 505 927
    lasta's Avatar
    lasta is online now
    says This user has status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 927 505

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2018
    Canada
    927
    505
    2282
    Read 0 Reviews
    #15
    On the other end, if you are looking for short pips catered to an inverted player:

    <br>
    Personally, I prefer the Blowfish to the Spinpips and Rakza (and found it softer than the Spinpips). But nevertheless, one of the most entertaining reviews I've seen. Love this guy!
    Last edited by lasta; 01-08-2020 at 05:36 AM.

  16. wappak is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 32 131
    W
    wappak is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 131 32
    #16
    dms firestorm is short pips with smooth tops, the pips has no rib on top

    Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

  17. UpSideDownCarl is online now
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 15,813 14,231
    UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
    UpSideDownCarl is online now
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 14,231 15,813
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by 729B2zzzz
    nope just was hoping it exists? or near enough to SP
    Is there a reason you don't just try some short pips?
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

  18. 729B2zzzz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 15 122
    7
    729B2zzzz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 122 15
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl
    Is there a reason you don't just try some short pips?
    been using Moristo sp but i do miss some of the things that normal rubbers use so trying to see if something is near enough e.g Moristo sp with tin arc 5 in one kinda

    thanks all the ideas will try and pick one of the many rubbers i could use

    The Following User Likes 729B2zzzz's Post:

    UpSideDownCarl


  19. PushSmasher is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 80 177
    P
    PushSmasher is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 177 80
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte
    Get a sheet of very used Calibra LT and call it a day.
    I wish I would have read your comment here 2 days ago... I have been playing with Calibra LT for the past 2 years, and just learned about Nittaku Goriki Kaisoku last week and have ordered 2 sheets. I haven't been tempted to change to any other rubber but was intrigued by the description. My hope was (is) that it behaves similar to a short pip, but with a speed similar to Calibra LT. As it is, I change my rubbers (Calibra LT) every 100 hours of play, and if I just keep them on longer as per your suggestion, I may have exactly what I am looking for. Often the best solutions are the simplest. Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me.

  20. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 58 161
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 161 58
    #20
    729 has an "anti" 804. https://revspin.net/rubber/729-804.html. I haven't tried myself, but it's described like a slow, not so grippy inverted rubber. Maybe too slow for you? 729 Focus III Snipe 42/44/46deg is a cheap lightweight rubber that's not too spin sensitive. https://revspin.net/rubber/focus-3-snipe.html. I had TinArc 3 on my backhand before, but moved on to Focus III Snipe 44deg. Half the price, and more light weight. I'm currently using Big Dipper for backhand, but that's a tacky, spinny thing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.