such thing as short pips but in normal smooth?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Inverted with short pimples? Tenergy 25, 729 Bloom Arc are both very short.

Inverted more aimed at drive/smash than looping? Bryce/T64 in an indirect way. Nittaku Goriki Kaisoku for a "inverted conical short pips rubber".

says sorry i mean on skin
Feb 2018

Inverted more aimed at drive/smash than looping? Bryce/T64 in an indirect way. Nittaku Goriki Kaisoku for a "inverted conical short pips rubber".

my bad as in it does what short pips do as in not sensitive to spin etc and you can punch though it but in inverted form

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Is it all most the same feeling playing with Nittaku Goriki Kaisoku 1,4 mm or 1,8 mm on bh if im plying with short pips on BH???[h=1][/h]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017

I have T25 mounted on a paddle and I have a sheet of T05. I don't see where T25 pimples are shorter than the T05 pimples. The T25 pimple are fatter or wider.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Tenergy 25 is the closest to that imho.

Or you could take another route and play anti.

What? As it turns out my T25 is mounted on a Dr N matador blade with Megablock on the BH. The point of this is to have a contrast. T25 and Anti, especially the newer German frictionless ones, are extremely different. That is what I want because the opponent must adapt to balls hit from the T25 or the Anti. I twiddle.

T25 is very spinny but a little faster than T05 so the spin to speed ratio of T05 is a little better than T25. T25 has a flatter trajectory given the same stroke.

T25 is good for blocking off the bounce. When I twiddle, I rarely try to loop with T25 on my BH because it is difficult to adjust between the T25 and Anti so I keep my back hand twiddle shots simple to minimize error. So I block or punch block. This is usually effective enough because the opponent is expecting a slow back spin ball from the anti but instead he gets a fast top spin ball from the T25 resulting in pop ups.

If someone just wants to block or punch block I would get SP like 802-40 or even 802. They don't have the grip of an inverted rubber and tend to reduce spin if simply blockling. The balls tend not to grip well on 802 or 802-40. They are poor for counter looping since they won't override the incoming spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
What? As it turns out my T25 is mounted on a Dr N matador blade with Megablock on the BH. The point of this is to have a contrast. T25 and Anti, especially the newer German frictionless ones, are extremely different. That is what I want because the opponent must adapt to balls hit from the T25 or the Anti. I twiddle.

T25 is very spinny but a little faster than T05 so the spin to speed ratio of T05 is a little better than T25. T25 has a flatter trajectory given the same stroke.

T25 is good for blocking off the bounce. When I twiddle, I rarely try to loop with T25 on my BH because it is difficult to adjust between the T25 and Anti so I keep my back hand twiddle shots simple to minimize error. So I block or punch block. This is usually effective enough because the opponent is expecting a slow back spin ball from the anti but instead he gets a fast top spin ball from the T25 resulting in pop ups.

If someone just wants to block or punch block I would get SP like 802-40 or even 802. They don't have the grip of an inverted rubber and tend to reduce spin if simply blockling. The balls tend not to grip well on 802 or 802-40. They are poor for counter looping since they won't override the incoming spin.

I thought he was looking for a rubber for block and counter game but as inverted. T25 is suited for that. It’s ofc very different from short pips but that would be the rubber I would use for close to table countering and blocking with inverted.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
What's the point of the OP? You want exactly SP results from an inverted. Is that because of the discrimination you face as a pips player? One of the rules addresses that but I don't remember which number.

Reactions: lasta
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
There is a pretty wide no mans land between a spinny short pimple and a speed oriented inverted. I recommend you pick one side as there are unavoidable direct trade offs.

The Goriki Kaisoku tried to stamp his feet right in the middle, but it ended up with the best qualities of neither. For the short time I tried it, i liken it to a slightly softer, non-tacky Hurricane. Not that spinny, not that fast, kinda dead.

The idea of a Loop + Smash rubber is good in intention. But IMO, if you can loop well enough to get a high return, you can smash with any rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
On the other end, if you are looking for short pips catered to an inverted player:

<br>
Personally, I prefer the Blowfish to the Spinpips and Rakza (and found it softer than the Spinpips). But nevertheless, one of the most entertaining reviews I've seen. Love this guy!

Last edited:
Feb 2018
Is there a reason you don't just try some short pips?

been using Moristo sp but i do miss some of the things that normal rubbers use so trying to see if something is near enough e.g Moristo sp with tin arc 5 in one kinda

thanks all the ideas will try and pick one of the many rubbers i could use

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Get a sheet of very used Calibra LT and call it a day.

I wish I would have read your comment here 2 days ago... I have been playing with Calibra LT for the past 2 years, and just learned about Nittaku Goriki Kaisoku last week and have ordered 2 sheets.
biggrin.png
I haven't been tempted to change to any other rubber but was intrigued by the description. My hope was (is) that it behaves similar to a short pip, but with a speed similar to Calibra LT. As it is, I change my rubbers (Calibra LT) every 100 hours of play, and if I just keep them on longer as per your suggestion, I may have exactly what I am looking for. Often the best solutions are the simplest. Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me.
smile.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
729 has an "anti" 804. https://revspin.net/rubber/729-804.html. I haven't tried myself, but it's described like a slow, not so grippy inverted rubber. Maybe too slow for you? 729 Focus III Snipe 42/44/46deg is a cheap lightweight rubber that's not too spin sensitive. https://revspin.net/rubber/focus-3-snipe.html. I had TinArc 3 on my backhand before, but moved on to Focus III Snipe 44deg. Half the price, and more light weight. I'm currently using Big Dipper for backhand, but that's a tacky, spinny thing...