What kind of software your club/association uses?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Hi

I am running a small local table tennis club (about 10 people, all ages) and I wanted to put our schedule online and also keep track who are coming to play and who are not and also help me with messaging (email and sms) in case there are some changes to training schedules. There was some solutions for this that many sports clubs here in Finland uses, but those are either too expensive or polluted with ads and difficult to use.

So as a web developer I started to build own solution for this. It works great for our small case use, but I was wondering if there could be some kind of business here if the application is developed further. Things I am considering are membership payments, creating tournament schedules and handling registration & payments for tournaments, ranking inside club based on games played, player profiles etc...

I am very interested to hear what kind of solutions bigger clubs and associations already use, do they differ per country, is there some pain points you are having and what kind of features are really important. I am very interested if you do management side yourself, but of course happy to hear thoughts from those who just play and participate.

Thanks in advance!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
In Sweden all sports clubs are forced to use idrottonline.se to maintain their membership “database”. It’s a service delivered by the the national sports association (Riksidrottsförbundet).

Clubs arranging tournaments are pretty much forced to pay for a software named TT-Coordinator as it’s the only one that is certified by our table tennis association.

Leaugue results and ranking calculations are delivered by profixio.com (Profixio FX). TT-Coordinator interfaces with Profixio FX.

This user has no status.
And I decided to create a web application for a local table tennis league.
All announcements are published through the application, there is all information about the league leadership, competition rules, teams and players registration forms, overview of all halls, game schedules and results, team and player forms, mutual matches, team rankings, players and doubles rankings, profiles and statistics of teams and players, ability to submit match report, etc.
Implemented algorithms: Berger, ELO, Glicko-2...

A few days ago I just made a video showing the app features. The explanation is in Croatian, but it is possible to turn on the subtitles in English.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMGh8ms0IUE

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Thanks everyone, very helpful. It seems that my solution is for smaller clubs and groups. It is much for member communication and office stuff, not so much for competitions, stats and tournaments (and it seems there are more and national solutions for those).