Yasaka Reinforce AC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Hi,

I wonder if anyone has tried this. I think it's just introduced very recently and not many people play Yasaka blades. It's basically another competitor of Innerforce ALC, Hurricane Long 5, Ovtcharov No 1 etc. I'm just wondering what the top layer would be, koto or limba.

I looked up some pictures on the internet, it looks like lacquered koto to me but not experienced enough to say.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
This is the layer structure:

Koto ------------------
Ause ------------------
AC ------------------
Kiri ------------------
AC ------------------
Ause ------------------
Koto ------------------

The blade is similar to DHS 301

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Thanks zorrme,
DHS 301 doesn’t seem to be a well known blade either So far as I tried some internet searches. Do you know how these compare to the other “innerforces” (like Bty or Long 5)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
These are similar to innerforce blades but with Koto layer instead of limba, I would say "viscaria innerforce" if butterfly ever made one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Never tried the Yasaka, but IMO the 301 was crap.

Hollow matchbox inside a hollow matchbox feel.

If you like inner composite types, a softer outer 2 layers plus a harder core (at the very least not kiri) is much more stable. The Butterfly Innerforce or DHS Long 5 are better blades.

Reactions: Olio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Yasaka correspondent confirmed to me it’s koto outermost. I’ll give it a try sometimes this summer considering its low price, but probably too fast for me right now. I like the crisp feel of koto when I try my friends blades but way too used to “spinny” feel of 7-ply limba-ayous.

I’m kinda upset that Donic prices the No 1 so reasonably but they put Ovtcharov name on both versions!!! (I like him btw. Just the name on the blade doesn’t click me.) If they do things like Bty or Stiga do (having named and unamed versions), that would be cool. Probably because they cant sell as many as those.