Yasaka to release Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard!

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Yasaka Japan just announced the releases of the Rakza Z (47-52 deg) and Rakza Z Extra Hard (52-57 deg) for the Spring of 2020!

Nice to see Yasaka extend their popular Rakza series with these 2 rubbers which follow the harder sponge trend of many manufacturers.

rub_rakzaz.jpg
https://www.yasakajp.com/items/rakza-z/

rub_rakzaz_ex.jpg
https://www.yasakajp.com/items/rakza-z-extra-hard/

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hmm, hard sponger again...although at 57, this could potentially dethrone Chinese hardliners.

I certainly hope they try to distinguish themselves by also having a >>>hard topsheet<<<. If yes, I'm definitely getting one.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hmm, hard sponger again...although at 57, this could potentially dethrone Chinese hardliners.

I certainly hope they try to distinguish themselves by also having a >>>hard topsheet<<<. If yes, I'm definitely getting one.

Yea, it'll be interesting indeed to see if they've made any changes/upgrades to the topsheet and if so, what it'll translate to: thinner or regular topsheet, harder or soft feel, different pimple structure...?

I have a feeling the RZ might have that harder sponge but softer feel that R53 and other rubbers are going for, while Extra Hard will actually have the hard topsheet on top of the even harder sponge... At least that would make sense but we shall see!

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Both models have a tacky topsheet, a first for the series. From the descriptions, both models have the same topsheet.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Both models have a tacky topsheet, a first for the series. From the descriptions, both models have the same topsheet.

Ahh, dreams shattered...K1/K2 already been there done that.

Still crossing my fingers for a true hard non-tacky rubber. Not mainstream, but I "think" it would suit a drive and smash game better than current rosters.

This user has no status.
Just recently I have been complaining elsewhere that more and more manufacturers were releasing harder and harder sponge rubbers making boosters a requirement to get them soft enough to play with. Praising Yasaka for bucking the trend by having softer versions that worked way better with the plastic ball... I guess even Yasaka are not completely immune to market pressures at some point :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi man_iii, hard sponge, but much softer topsheets than in the past. The Omega 7 Asia plays very soft.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Yeah right now experimenting with Xiom Omega V Asia and Vega Asia... Both too hard without 3 booster layers. Rakza7 and RakzaX are my favorites... Shining dragon I'm in love

All a matter of preference I suppose. I'm actually complaining the new hard rubbers are not hard enough. Both Omega 5 and Vega Asia's topsheets are too soft haha.