Hardness Race is On! | Rasanter R53 Review

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys, and we're back with another review! Here's our latest rubber review of the new Rasanter R53 rubber by andro!

The hardness race is on as manufacturers begin to release harder rubbers! This one comes in at 53 degrees!

The R53 comes in at 53 degrees! What hardness do you prefer?

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Watching a couple of your reviews with the sound off and the rallies look exactly the same. The blocker never sends every ball off the table because there is so much extra spin or speed.

If I didn't know better I'd think changing equipment makes very little difference.

Reactions: brokenball
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
The R53 comes in at 53 degrees! What hardness do you prefer?

Personally, after testing the R53, I´ll stick to R47.

Weirdly enough, R53 didn´t feel as hard as some of the R50 I have come across.

But it is a rubber that needs a better player to be fully activated, so I can save on the extra money (over here, 10 Euro more than R47).

In the hands of those better players (at least the ones I have practiced with), the spin IS more than that of t05 - so they say.

Reactions: thomas.pong
Maybe not the hardness they're looking for?

You're not accusing them of Capture.jpg are you? :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Butterfly has stopped producing SpinArt which was my BH rubber (black 2.1mm) and the rubber with its hardest sponge. i'm looking for replacement.

I was thinking about Dignics80 (1.9mm to compensate for the extra speed).
How would you think about Andro Rasanter R53 ? I was thinking also Mizuno Q5.

I think BH is my stronger shot. I stay near the table and play with quick timing with a short stroke, but i can make also slow very spinny opening loops, or flicks, and agressive blocking is very easy as well.

Cheers

This user has no status.
Personally, after testing the R53, I´ll stick to R47.

Weirdly enough, R53 didn´t feel as hard as some of the R50 I have come across.

But it is a rubber that needs a better player to be fully activated, so I can save on the extra money (over here, 10 Euro more than R47).

In the hands of those better players (at least the ones I have practiced with), the spin IS more than that of t05 - so they say.
So do you recommend R53 instead of R50? I tried R47 and I really like it, I was thinking to try R50, but now R53 is available I don't know which of the 2 would be good.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Butterfly has stopped producing SpinArt which was my BH rubber (black 2.1mm) and the rubber with its hardest sponge. i'm looking for replacement.

I'm dabbling with R53 (at 2.0mm) at the moment. It's ok, to me, but no glorious revelation; in fact, I'm not convinced on my success rate in picking it in a blindfold test (as it were) against my previous FH rubber, Gold Arc 8 at 50º. For me, though, R53 is controllable and feels dependable, whereas R47, to a lesser extent V47, and R50 did not. I couldn't manage the bounce of these, but have more of a click with R53's power curve.

The one thing I do note — but that was true for GA8 as well — and that Dan notes too: amazing spin levels at full-out strokes, less so on slow and spinny openings. You see that in the rallies; both Tom and Dan have no trouble blocking openups, but do get pressured (and sometimes overshoot) by consecutive, more powerful, second position loops. Remarkable, by the way, how Dan and Tom have grown as players these last few years; I think this is the highest play level I've seen from them in an equipment review video. Well done!

Takkyu, how about Neo H3? Probably not as hard as SpinArt, but it's the closest thing I can think of in other aspects. T05H also comes to mind, but I would think that one has a very different feel and different needs in terms of playing style and technique.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
not tried T05H.
I just managed to order SpinArt from Butterfly France, their last 5 sheets. But I'm not going there for a while. So I need to change anyway. I think I'll stick with Dignics. Q5 has also a nice feeling but I think Dignics80 is a bit harder and faster. But if I have the chance, i'll definitely try the Rasanter R53

Last edited:
This user has no status.
not tried T05H.
I just managed to order SpinArt from Butterfly France, their last 5 sheets. But I'm not going there for a while. So I need to change anyway. I think I'll stick with Dignics. Q5 has also a nice feeling but I think Dignics80 is a bit harder and faster. But if I have the chance, i'll definitely try the Rasanter R53
Why don't you try Omega VII hyper?

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I'm not an EJ, and I am not so well informed. I live in Japan so i know better the rubbers which are popular here. and i have had the chance to try for free the Dignics80 and Q5 a little bit. I know the feeling is a bit similar. I have been advised by my coach to use Dignics80 with 1.9mm else i might have problems with my block as its very fast and my blade is fast as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018

I was thinking about Dignics80 (1.9mm to compensate for the extra speed).
How would you think about Andro Rasanter R53 ? I was thinking also Mizuno Q5.

I think BH is my stronger shot. I stay near the table and play with quick timing with a short stroke, but i can make also slow very spinny opening loops, or flicks, and agressive blocking is very easy as well.

Cheers

Been a few years since I had a sheet of Spinart, but its medium hard tacky right? Have you tried the Tibhar K1? Haven't tried the original, but I have the K1 Plus now. It is good, maybe harder compared to Spinart.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi