Guess Tokyo 2020 Medalists

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
It is curious that even at the simple ITTF Spain Challenge tournament in China, 8 women were announced .... Personally, I don’t remember anything like that ....
I think now China will send all possible squads to fight in preliminaries to take harimoto and ito down in the first round of world tours. It is not easy but if happen it could make huge difference in world ranking.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
I think now China will send all possible squads to fight in preliminaries to take harimoto and ito down in the first round of world tours. It is not easy but if happen it could make huge difference in world ranking.

Totally agree with you....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
First time one thing is different then in the past olympics qualification, which is ranking system. Last olympics they could send LXX and ZJK both not in best shape and both did not attend much tournaments because their high ranking was not on danger due to missing some tours.
This time when you need to play a lot to be on top of the ranking. So first time it is possible that once they chose DN she can be in half of other chinese player in olympics. That means no silver for China.
The same can happen to ma long if he underperforms for longer and harimoto climbs in ranking.
This is the risk they cannot afford.
So anyone they choose they must be sure they have two top spots at olympics which means both have to play a lot in world tours. That means no time for injuries or recoveries.

Everything I have heard says separation by association will e maintained for the Olympics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Everything I have heard says separation by association will e maintained for the Olympics.

OK doesn't matter if Mima ranked #1 and LSW ranked #2, CM #3

Business as usual, 1 half will have 1 association, other half the other

Only way for CNT to meet will be in final not the SF

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
So no one is for Ma Long? I will be the old fashioned one: 1st Ma Long 2nd FZD 3d with a little bit of look Harimoto..

I think CNT will give Ma Long every chance to prove himself hit for Tokyo2020

What you think of ladies for Medals, still lot of different opinions to who will be representing CNT

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
2020 ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships

Date: 22 to 29 March 2020
Busan, Korea
new_Olympic_balls_DJ40.jpg

Busan' WTTC 2020 is when the new Olympic balls DHS DJ40+ will come in play for the first time ever. A Great Solemn day for the sport of table tennis.
Nobody was given a chance of any sufficient familiarization with those weird balls till the very last moment ... none of the funny laovai 老外] have ever seen those balls .... but the Chinese got privileged anyway, so nice charity starts at home, why not ??

/Be happy/

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
In this case there is still some chance for Ding Ning if she can recover.
I have no doubts Ma Long will play if there is no injury. Second spot either FZD or XX.
Ladies is harder to guess I think LSW has one spot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
In this case there is still some chance for Ding Ning if she can recover.
I have no doubts Ma Long will play if there is no injury. Second spot either FZD or XX.
Ladies is harder to guess I think LSW has one spot.

There is Asian Qualification in April.
Usually top 4 men's and women's will attend, so who ever wins that is guaranteed a spot for Olympics, doesn't matter what coaches decision is for 1 spot both men's and ladie's

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Women : Gold : Liu shiwen . If she gets this gold it will be the best moment in Table tennis sport at olympic 2020 . Silver: A chinese maybe but I like Mima ito to get at least silver with support of many japanese there . Bronze : Ding ning

Men : Gold for Harimoto . Silver for Ma long and Bronze Fan zhendong

Men's team : 1 - China 2- Japan 3 - Korea

Women team : 1- Japan 2- china 3-Romania:D

Mixed double : 1 - Korea 2- Japan 3 - China

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Women : Gold : Liu shiwen . If she gets this gold it will be the best moment in Table tennis sport at olympic 2020 . Silver: A chinese maybe but I like Mima ito to get at least silver with support of many japanese there . Bronze : Ding ning

Men : Gold for Harimoto . Silver for Ma long and Bronze Fan zhendong

Men's team : 1 - China 2- Japan 3 - Korea

Women team : 1- Japan 2- china 3-Romania:D

Mixed double : 1 - Korea 2- Japan 3 - China

Sounds awesome
Japan - 2 Gold, 3 Silver
China - 2 Gold, 2 Silver, 3 Bronze
Korea - 1 Gold, 1 Bronze
Romania - 1 Bronze

Epic of that was to happen

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Hi all.
Boring times with sports and also sad times with what is happening externally. Thought just for fun re-visit this thread to get some excitement back into the forum.

Given Europe and US experiencing spikes again in cases feel 2021 Games might be in some doubt. I know Japan looking at measures of control but might be a losing battle. Think any kind of small outbreak might ruin things and expty arenas might be demoralising for the country and athletes. You would think majority athletes under current times mkhjt not reach peak condition if games go as scheduled due to training limitations. However possible updated predictions for fun.

Feel given the hiatus of Table Tennis and the routine players are used to, some will decline and struggle reaching some standard whilst others might be doing enough to stay on top of their game, feel Europe and most of N/S America will be heavily impacted on competitive side of Tokyo 2021 games do go ahead.

Right now.

Mixed.
Gold - Japan wins maiden event on home turf, pair of Mima & Mizutani
Silver - XX & SYS Silver for China
Bronze - Chinese Taipei CIC & LYJ
4th Place - Hong Kong pair CTW DHK

Ladies.
Gold Medal - Chen Meng
Silver - Mima Ito
Bronze - Sun Yingsha
4th Place - Kasumi Ishikawa

Mens.
Gold Medal - Fan Zhendong
Silver Medal - Ma Long
Bronze Medal - Harimoto
4th Place - Lin Yun-ju

Teams.
Mens and Ladies.
Gold - China both
Silver - Japan both
Bronze - M/S Korea & W/C-Taipei
4th - M/C-Taipei & W/South Korea

Any updated predictions? just for fun

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Hi all, appears Tokyo Olympics will proceed as planned. Suga seeking support at G7 and being a member of G7 most likely that not will get the support he wants regardless of medical advice and objections back home. Maybe get opinions closer to the date on medals for the event.

Mixed Doubles - 1st CHN, 2nd JPN, 3rd TPE, 4th HGK
Men's - 1st ML, 2nd FZD, 3rd LJY, 4th Harimoto
Ladies - 1st CM, 2nd SYS, 3rd Mima, 4th Kasumi
Men's Team - 1st CHN, 2nd JPN, 3rd KOR, 4th GER
Ladies Team - 1st CHN, 2nd JPN, 3rd TPE, 4th GER

Medals
China - 5 gold, 2 silver
Japan - 3 silver, 1 bronze
Chinese Taipei - 3 bronze
South Korea - 1 bronze