All Japan Championship 2020 Jan 13-19

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Meanwhile, ahead of everyday life ....Germany, Spain, Portugal, Hungary ....

It seemed unusual to me that China sent a women's team to Spain Open, but did not send anyone to Portugal (see Ishikawa !) and Hungary ... Although Hungary Open is a deadline until the end of today ...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Yukiya UDA is the new champ; The final was a very high level match. UDA played very well, HARIMOTO cannot blame himself too much. He saved matchpoints in the 5th and was very close to make a full comeback.

UDA is the new XU Xin ? anyway a very talented leftie. Remember his name...

I like Uda, should JNT replace Mizutani for Uda for Tokyo 2020?

Will Uda be better than Harimoto?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I agree men's team for JNT isn't as deep, Harimoto is best chance for medal, don't think he can be in semi finals play-offs against Chinese men?
Yeah I meant team. Now it is even more difficult since Chuang came back to taipei team which together with LYJ and CCA is very strong.

Reactions: akoozab
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Every time Harimoto struggles so hard when he plays against young players no matter if it's Cho Daesong, Moregard, Uda, Togami, Lin Yun-Ju etc, it's a trauma for him.

It's because all these young players are also trained to play this new trend, I remember watching Moregard against Harimoto and owned him.

Harimoto is amazing but I remember watching patches of him getting knocked out early and others going deep, as expected will see inconsistency in young players, it's just how it is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Yeah I meant team. Now it is even more difficult since Chuang came back to taipei team which together with LYJ and CCA is very strong.

Yeah, team event is very open for Silver and Bronze, CNT should still win Gold.

JNT need Koki and Mizutani to really show up. Doubles games are big every MATCH. Most top Asian teams and German team can argue have better Doubles combo than JNT.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Every time Harimoto struggles so hard when he plays against young players no matter if it's Cho Daesong, Moregard, Uda, Togami, Lin Yun-Ju etc, it's a trauma for him.

I think one of the reasons is that they can study and analyze his game a lot more than vice versa and those opponents also give 120% against the favorite while for him those are matches he 'has' to win. Even today he was 2(?) years younger than his opponent. As he matures he will become more stable with his results.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
ib0NRGWhfQw.jpg

続 き は 別 の チ ャ ン ネ ル で ご 覧 に な れ ま す 。
023ch 16:59
チ ャ ン ネ ル を 切 り 換 え ま す か ?
は い い い え

You can see more on another channel.
023CH 16: 59
Do you want to switch channels ?
YES NO

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Meanwhile, ahead of everyday life ....Germany, Spain, Portugal, Hungary ....

It seemed unusual to me that China sent a women's team to Spain Open, but did not send anyone to Portugal (see Ishikawa !) and Hungary ... Although Hungary Open is a deadline until the end of today ...

CNT will probably not go for Hungarian Open. They fly to Sanya from Beijing on 5 February for closed-door training, which should last at least two weeks?

Reactions: Vlad Celler

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
It's because all these young players are also trained to play this new trend, I remember watching Moregard against Harimoto and owned him.

Harimoto is amazing but I remember watching patches of him getting knocked out early and others going deep, as expected will see inconsistency in young players, it's just how it is.

I know but Harimoto is so much better against senior players (excluding in Yun-Ju and Wang Chuqin), I would expect a win from him against most if not all much lower ranked youngsters. These youngsters might become his main threat in some years and if he cannot beat them he is in troubles. He is a bit younger than most of these youngsters but his age advantage slides away over time. Uda's progress looks impressive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
yes i was surprised the really fast footwork from UDA and TOGAMI. TOGAMI was less consistent than UDA, thats why he lost.

I am very curious to see what they will do in the upcoming ITTF opens

for info, UDA is a teammate of HARIMOTO in TLeague. IIRC they were also from the same squad in World Team Junior. So they must have trained a lot together, and it was a special match.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I’m so thrilled to see Hayata getting the win she deserved. A bit surprised with Harimoto though. He posted on his Instagram today with one word “weak”. Poor kid ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I know but Harimoto is so much better against senior players (excluding in Yun-Ju and Wang Chuqin), I would expect a win from him against most if not all much lower ranked youngsters. These youngsters might become his main threat in some years and if he cannot beat them he is in troubles. He is a bit younger than most of these youngsters but his age advantage slides away over time. Uda's progress looks impressive.

Harimoto will learn soon if he hasn't already is he is being chased by every table tennis opponent he plays. He is #5 in the world with massive hype, everyone he plays will want bring his A-game and has done plenty pre game homework. CNT team have this tag and are used to this.

Uda and other Japanese really devoping nicely, their program is being filtered amongst majority of the group so not surprised at all how competitive they are against him.

I agree younger players might be his biggest threat over next few years, again the game has evolved and so will tactics, Harimoto is playing new trend and can imagine other youngsters in Asia, Europe. USA are also being trained and evolving with this new trend, so Harimotos game will be familiar to them. Lin Yun-ju right now see more technical version of Harimoto with game that troubles the top 10, fresh product.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I’m so thrilled to see Hayata getting the win she deserved. A bit surprised with Harimoto though. He posted on his Instagram today with one word “weak”. Poor kid ...

Hayata is amazing, her time will come soon in rank and big titles, what did Harimoto say?

Reactions: Vlad Celler