All Japan Championship 2020 Jan 13-19

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Probably someone else we don't even know yet. Ten years is a hella long time in table tennis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hayata's tears
https://www.butterfly.co.jp/takurepo/tournament/detail/013725.html
優勝した瞬間の涙の意味は?
ワールドツアーで一緒に帯同してもらっている、今回ベンチに入ってもらった石田大輔先生や、私が4歳から教えて頂いている大輔先生のお父さんお母さんだったり、本当に石田卓球クラブにずっとお世話になってきて、でもなかなか結果で恩返しできなくて、東京オリンピックの選考レースの時もたくさん連絡や励まし、頑張れよって言っていただいたり、でも、東京オリンピックで代表に選ばれなくて、そこで恩返しができなかった分、今回絶対優勝しようという気持ちがありました。
 そういった石田卓球クラブに対しての思いだったり、家族や身近でサポートして頂いている方へのいつもの感謝の気持ちがあの涙に影響したのではないかなと思います。

What do the tears mean at the moment you win?
Daisuke Ishida was with me on the side during this match. The Daisukes are like parents to me who have been teaching & taking care of me since I was 4 yrs old. I wanted to repay them with good results, but was not always able to deliver. During the Olympic selection period, they were constantly in touch and encouraged me to try hard, but unfortunately I cannot repay their kindness because I was not selected. There was a strong desire to absolutely win this time.
I think my thought about the Ishida TT Club and gratitude to my family, and those who cared about and supported me have affected me to tears.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
https://www.butterfly.co.jp/takurepo/tournament/detail/013725.html
Everything has gone unreadable blue....let's try the translation again :(

What do the tears mean at the moment you win?
Ishida Daisuke was with me on the side, the Daisukes are like parents to me who have been teaching & taking care of me since I was 4 yrs old. I wanted to repay them with good results, but was not always able to deliver. During the Olympic selection period, they were constantly in touch and encouraged me to try hard, but unfortunately I cannot repay their kindness because I was not selected. There was a strong desire to absolutely win this time.
I think my thoughts about the Ishida TT Club and gratitude to my family's support, and those who cared about me have affected me to tears. Hina's win.jpg

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2020/01/20/0013048016.shtml
 「平野選手と伊藤選手が優勝して、私も続きたいという気持ちはあった」。同い年の2人と同じ全日本女王の勲章が、今年はどうしてもほしかった。1月6日に発表された東京五輪代表に自分の名はなかった。「決心がついた。限界をつくらない」。今大会前は一日7、8時間ほどの練習を終え、風呂に入った後の午後10時からも30分のサーブ練習を自らに課した。「短い期間だったけど本当に追い込んだ。今まで逃げてきたことから逃げなかった」と振り返った。

「“みうみま”2人から学ぶことがたくさんあった。負けて成長すると思うので、伊藤選手はもっともっと強くなる。それを追い越そうと平野選手や私が練習に取り組んでいく」。未来は明確に描けている。照準は24年パリ五輪だ。
"Hirano and Ito won, and I wanted to follow up." I really wanted the same All-Japan Queen's medal this year. The Tokyo Olympics team announced on January 6 did not include my own name. "I'm determined. There's no limit set." Before this tournament, after completing about 7 to 8 hours of training a day, even after bathing at 10:00pm, she gave herself 30 minutes of service practice. "It was a short period of time, but I really pushed it. I didn't run away from what I'd run away from before.," she recalled.

"I've a lot to learn from Miu-Mima. Ito will be even stronger as she'll grow from the loss. Hirano and I will work on training to overtake her." The future is clearly depicted. The aim is the 2024 Paris Olympics.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2020/01/20/0013048016.shtml

"Hirano and Ito won, and I wanted to follow up." I really wanted the same All-Japan Queen's medal this year. The Tokyo Olympics team announced on January 6 did not include my own name. "I'm determined. There's no limit." Before this tournament, after completing about 7 to 8 hours of training a day, even after bathing at 10:00pm, she gave herself 30 minutes of service practice. "It was a short period of time, but I really pushed it. I didn't run away from what I'd run away from before.," she recalled.

"I've a lot to learn from from Miu-Mima. Ito will be even stronger as she'll grow from the loss. Hirano and I will work on training to overtake her." The future is clearly depicted. The aim is the 2024 Paris Olympics.

Plot twist: Ishikawa-senpai is still around in 2024.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Plot twist: Ishikawa-senpai is still around in 2024.
That’s not necessarily a bad thing. Hirano, Ito and now Hayata had used her as a springboard to launch themselves. Her previous eminence lends legitimacy to the throne. By 2024 Ishikawa would be 31, with stamina and agility on a downward slide, a nuisance Ishikawa may be, a threat - no. Even now, there are on Ishikawa, shades of Fukuhara in decline prior to Rio, and it’ll get worse. Before her retirement, more Japanese want-to-be should take full advantage of her decline, and overcome her. She still has enhancement value as step ladder for the up and coming. She may still be a hurdle now for most, but by 2024, she’ll be something to kick around with if she hasn’t retired by then.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I hope that in 2024 the JNT will not be pressured (home Olympics) and they will more boldly choose a team ....
I think for quite long time there was always a pressure, they always thought they could beat china. Simply they do not have enough good players to do it, until now. Ito made a big step forward and is in chinese level. Harimoto in 2018 made a big surprise beating top chinese players. Other young generation players like Uda keeping up and getting closer to chinese level.
Of course 2024 will not be in Japan, so teoreticaly pressure is lower but in fact that time they will have better players so the pressure will be higher to beat their main opponent.
Other thing is they will probably have enough good players and do not need to send Kasumi for olympics (if she still will be playing). I think maximum in 2-3 years if she will be declining in world ranking she will retire. But I have never noticed she was making a pressure for JTTA to pick her up instead of someone else. It is and it was always up to JTTA who the are going to choose.
I remeber times when they were choosing Seyia Kishikawa who always underperformed in team events. Everybody was blaiming Kishikawa, but it was JTTA or coach Kurashima fault not his.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
At this point the Ishikawa bashing is a little perplexing. To me her and Hirano are on the same level in terms of chinese threat, i.e. almost 0. The only difference being that Ishikawa is more stable against the rest of the world and has 2 Olympic experiences under her belt. IMO a Ito-Ishikawa-Hayata Olympics team would stand a better chance against China. Hirano is just riding on the coattails of her 2017 successes and nothing else.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
At this point the Ishikawa bashing is a little perplexing. To me her and Hirano are on the same level in terms of chinese threat, i.e. almost 0. The only difference being that Ishikawa is more stable against the rest of the world and has 2 Olympic experiences under her belt. IMO a Ito-Ishikawa-Hayata Olympics team would stand a better chance against China. Hirano is just riding on the coattails of her 2017 successes and nothing else.

It’s a little harsh, maybe, but fair ... In any case, I agree with this assessment ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
It’s a little harsh, maybe, but fair ... In any case, I agree with this assessment ....

Usual trend I find that players come on scene, are hot they go cold. Hirano was smashing top CNT ladies but she got figured out, Calderano and few others like Franziska, got hot then cold again.

Hirano I still say is handy against other teams and could rely on her on getting results, she is better than any other 3rd player from any team.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Usual trend I find that players come on scene, are hot they go cold. Hirano was smashing top CNT ladies but she got figured out, Calderano and few others like Franziska, got hot then cold again.

Hirano I still say is handy against other teams and could rely on her on getting results, she is better than any other 3rd player from any team.

I agree with the reservation - with the exception of CWT

Reactions: NextLevel