All Japan Championship 2020 Jan 13-19

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
A pretty strong team for WTTTC2020 actually. Ito, Ishikawa, Hirano, Hayata and (Nagasaki/Sato/Kihara/Hashimoto)?
I think Silver is pretty much guaranteed. On a given day, one player can be out of form, but all of them at the same time ? Less than that would be shocking to me.
it will be interesting to see who they will choose to play against China.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
The JNT is hindered by the fact that the 2020 Olympics is home ... Responsibility .... South Korea, for example, is not afraid to take risks with the composition of the women's team ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I think Silver is pretty much guaranteed. On a given day, one player can be out of form, but all of them at the same time ? Less than that would be shocking to me.
it will be interesting to see who they will choose to play against China.

But as a country which prides itself on honour, I feel like JNT will still send the Olympics trio in the finals. Any other line-up is akin to admitting that their selection criteria is flawed, unless well you know one of them is 'injured'.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
But as a country which prides itself on honour, I feel like JNT will still send the Olympics trio in the finals. Any other line-up is akin to admitting that their selection criteria is flawed, unless well you know one of them is 'injured'.

Agree...

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Harimoto's dad not that good at calling TO. Too late. Since you had to call it in the end, just call it earlier.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
We have another new champ - Uda Yukiya.

jDzfGqU.jpg

eBlvYTn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Janard
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Yukiya UDA is the new champ; The final was a very high level match. UDA played very well, HARIMOTO cannot blame himself too much. He saved matchpoints in the 5th and was very close to make a full comeback.

UDA is the new XU Xin ? anyway a very talented leftie. Remember his name...

Jan 2018
Some catch-up.

S9sIO7G.jpg

ybmL6Xl.jpg

0svtEtQ.jpg

U28KJCc.jpg

OfdxLgj.jpg

mKgHdzs.jpg

10z8DqY.jpg

YNdDm5n.jpg

ZZ7XXzG.jpg

KdVUVix.jpg

4Mlvh1t.jpg

cCJ9WSf.jpg

8wUx0FZ.jpg

Gao5sVy.jpg

QTLVClo.jpg

wPOHpsI.jpg

DCY0xNO.jpg

oF35Dmw.jpg

4YuzRQR.jpg

T7MaJG7.jpg

fIkizis.jpg

Fpxq5Sb.jpg

QaFqWnm.jpg

76Ygwaz.jpg

ur2BnCe.jpg

GREZQ8N.jpg

DjP5gsV.jpg

Smx3pmn.jpg

ZeEcJhj.jpg

YzGJN22.jpg

zeio: Ok, google. Find me an image that explains why yours truly differentiates most decorated from greatest of all time. "Dominating" in a weak era =/= "Prevailing" in a strong era.
BME95dZ.jpg

That's why Hayata has to earn her spot at all cost. She has what it takes. This is the time to step up. Don't rely on luck and favoritism, or she'll end up like Ishikawa.

This marks the 1st time in 12 years that Ishikawa fails to make the QF. Whatever the case, it's about time for Hayata to step up. Li Sun actually commented at the ATTC 2017 that the CNT viewed Hayata as having the most potential.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
There is much bigger problem on mens side. Mizutani did not attend in singles. Niwa and yoshimura lost in early stage. Besides harimoto who keeps high level IT will be very tough for them to get any medal at the olympics.

I agree men's team for JNT isn't as deep, Harimoto is best chance for medal, don't think he can be in semi finals play-offs against Chinese men?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
This marks the first time Hirano and Hayata actually qualified for the WTTC by winning the Trials.
Congratulations specially to Hayata, one year of tough climbing and hard work, traveling all over the world, even to Paraguay, the farthest point on earth from Japan to polish/prove her strengths. In the end conclusively beating Ito & Ishikawa, the 2 selected Olympic WS candidates in front of the nation.The tears were that of joy and vindication.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Great result for Hayata. my favourite player at the moment.
However I think that the jnt should send Ito, ishikawa to olympics. Experience matters on the big occasions.
whoever plays japan can be proud of their whole squad

Experience matters but sometimes teams need balance with potential, I like Kasumi but don't think she will win a medal in singles. I understand why Kasumi is going and she has earnt her spot but Hina is amazing, so much promise, Japanese team made a mistake announcing their squads too early.

Hina is on the rise and I'd personally would sacrifice a spot either Kasumi or Hirano to put her in, she could get knocked out earlier but would give her good exposure.