Loooking for FH rubber for Stiga Allround Classic WRB

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
As tittle says I'm looking for a suited rubber to improve my game.

My actual setup:

Stiga All Round Classic WRB
FH DHS Hurricane 3 National Team 39º OS
BH Giant Dragon - Talon National Team OX

Style:

FH looping (more side spin than top spin) and eventually some block. I make the side/top spin from ground and I use all my body & arm not a lot of wrist like I desired: I guess due to the fact the my strike is hard.

BH block-pusher close to the table & eventually some chop to middle distance when can't stay close to the table.

I feel can't get all the power needs the H3 national team 39º using mine all round blade so I'm looking for a new rubber. There are sweveral posibilities:

1/ Continue with other chinese rubber like Kokataku 007 Pro Selected 39º or 40º to suit my FH top & side spin oriented

2/ Change to Xiom Omega VII Asia or Hyper

3/ Use a
hard topsheet with no spring sponge to avoid the catapult feel with small thickness to make an aggresive game smashing & flat hitting all high balls also I guess will be suitable to improve blocks.

TIA

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I have somewhat similar setup: Stiga Offensive classic and H3 Neo. So yes, you need a lot of power with all wood blade and hard rubbers, especially further away from table. And your setup is even slower on normal play then mine. I have no problem getting the speed I need, but I put a lot of power too. When I swap the rackets with my friends, so from further away it looks like the balls are popping away from the blade without any effort. The advantage is off course that you can play a control, or to be more accurate, precision game close to the table game

My advice would be maybe switch from H3 to H3Neo. It has a softer springier sponge, something in the middle between H3 and EU style tensors. H3Neo needs less power than H3 to accelerate the ball.

FH loop needs to have top spin, that is a definition of a loop imo. If you don't get top spin with Hurricane 3, something is off in your technique.
I currently have Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial 39' on my FH (they don't make 38 I think), and honestly, it is a bit too hard for my liking, but you get a loooot of top spin with it. Try to get 38' rubber, I felt quite a lot of difference.
If you want to stick with Chinese tacky rubber, I suggest Yinhe Big Dipper 4 or Apollo 5 (a little faster).

If you want to try tensors, I would suggest Andro Rasanter R47 for FH, good spin and control. Or maybe look into some Donic or Gewo rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Mine problem isn't can't make top spin with H3. To take off all potential top spin from H3 I believe is necessary a fast blade with ALL wood can't get the full top spin that I take for example with: Stiga Infinity VPS V diamond touch or Nittaku Acoustic carbon or Stiga Super carbon & I guess all kind of offensives blades, I named these because I own and tried the H3 so I know I'm speaking.

MXS & Xiom Vega China have compared versus H3 boosted:

The same spin & grip?
More or equal speed?
High or low arc?
More, equal or less control?

Both have higher arc tgan H3. MXS is better away from the table and easier to spin. VEGA China and H3 almost equal in spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Arrived the Xiom Vega China. Yesterday one colleague let me try his latest combo: Primorac carbon + MXS black and other rubber and was so easy to make fast top spin with the combo with mine FH but not the same like with H3.

Attachments

• IMG_20200205_124108[1].jpg
    IMG_20200205_124108[1].jpg
    84 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_20200205_124120[1].jpg
    IMG_20200205_124120[1].jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_20200205_124126[1].jpg
    IMG_20200205_124126[1].jpg
    99 KB · Views: 360