OFF- Blade with no Vibration

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
1 doesn't exist, 2 why would you want that? I too used a Stradivarius for a full year. Gave it up because it lacked vibrations/feedback.

If you insist, look for very thick composite blades. graphite (regular ol carbon) has a lot of dampening properties, Aramids (AL) next, Zylon (ZL) amongst the most dampening.

Though usually thicker=faster, so OFF- is a tough order to fill.

Last edited:
1 doesn't exist, 2 why would you want that? I too used a Stradivarius for a full year. Gave it up because it lacked vibrations/feedback.

If you insist, look for very thick composite blades. graphite (regular ol carbon) has a lot of dampening properties, Aramids (AL) next, Zylon (ZL) amongst the most dampening.

Though usually thicker=faster, so OFF- is a tough order to fill.

I not a fan of vibrations at all. I noticed Xiom have a new blade coming out which fits the bill but it not cheap and was wondering if there were any others out there that are cheaper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Still don't understand why anyone would benefit from something like that, maybe you are mistaking the perception of "vibration" for something else...But:

Look into the Butterly ZLF series. Expensive though.

The Strad is already very low, the Samsonov Force has a lot more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I Do not know the terminology neither the texhnology so Maybe i am wrong here. Used to play with mazunov. Felt really dead. What about that one?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have access to accelerometers. I can put an accelerometer on a table and bounce a TT ball on the table so the accelerometer will detect the ball impacting the table. The table is MUCH HEAVIER than a TT paddle so it tends to vibrate less than a paddle would.
Even so the table vibrates for many milliseconds after the ball has bounce off the table. It is this vibration that some people think as dwell time when in reality the dwell time is very short. Your hand dampens the vibrations quickly but again, it is this vibration that you feel.

Heavier and thicker blades will tend to vibrate less.

There are accelerometer phone apps that you can use to play around with. They may not be as sensitive as the expensive marine versions I play with.

Reactions: lasta and Bear1960
Thanks for the suggestion guys, I will look into them. There is something about the feeling off the blade when you contact the ball I don't like. I have a Stradivarius and AZXi and they have minor vibrations, I've played with my friends Primorac Carbon and Timo Boll ALC and they have next to none however they are all OFF to OFF+ which is why I was looking for a OFF- like new Xiom blade but was hoping I could find one much cheaper.

There is no blade with no vibrations. Allwood blades have more vibrations than the composite ones, though their are some composite blades that vibrate as hell.
The personal feeling of these vibrations is a matter of perception, and this perception depends on your synergy with the blade. If the blade really fits you and your style, sooner or later you'll stop to pay special attention to the vibrations, and though they will still be there as an important factor for the way you play, this process will be unseamingly and unconsciously.
It will be very difficult someone else to tell you which blade is your blade, you have to try.
Rubbers do matter too and are a significant factor in the rubbers+blade+player synergy equation.
For example Primorac Carbon has a very good synergy with great range of rubbers, if it fits your style, it may be your choise, but just maybe.
Xiom Vega Tour blade has an excellent synergy with a very great range of rubbers too, I was feeling its vibrations only the first two-three months when I switched to it, since then I don't think about them at all. But when I take any oher blade I immediately start to feel vibrations, no matter what is the particular blade vibration rating.
A proper blade+proper technique=less perceptual vibrations.

Reactions: mikeyjm26
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Daker 90 all the way. Its a bit fast, but in my opion its one of the best blades. Why don't you want vibration? I love Stiga Clippers, and they have tons of vibration.
I think is a matter of taste. I don't like vibrations either and to be honest I hate Stiga blades because of the vibrations and hollow feel. I've played with blades that feels more solid and with less vibrations, but enough to provide feedback and I like them more.
Usually blades with empty handle have more vibrations than without empty handle. The wood, glue used to make the blade influence the vibrations. I'm talking here about the wood used in the handles too.
The rubbers used also have an influence, if you use speed glue or booster the vibrations are diminished.

Again, it's a matter of preference.

Daker 90 all the way. Its a bit fast, but in my opion its one of the best blades. Why don't you want vibration? I love Stiga Clippers, and they have tons of vibration.

I had 2 Stiga Clippers once!!! I tried my friends and it had very little, the 2 I bought I really didn't like. I don't know why I'm not a fan of the feeling, there is something about it that makes me think the blade is cheap if it does which is completely wrong to think that as I totally understand why other people think it is a necessity. Each to their own.

I think is a matter of taste. I don't like vibrations either and to be honest I hate Stiga blades because of the vibrations and hollow feel. I've played with blades that feels more solid and with less vibrations, but enough to provide feedback and I like them more.
Usually blades with empty handle have more vibrations than without empty handle. The wood, glue used to make the blade influence the vibrations. I'm talking here about the wood used in the handles too.
The rubbers used also have an influence, if you use speed glue or booster the vibrations are diminished.

Again, it's a matter of preference.

Never used speed glue or boosters. Didn't know they'd make any difference to that. I've also had the Inifinity VPS blade and it had vibrations as well, didn't really think most of the Stiga brand would, just the ones I've choosen lol

Again part of the problem when trying other people's bats in the clubs I play is that most of them are not made anymore or they buy really cheap blades. I suppose in some respect there is an issue of snobbery with me in that I think playing with a well known brand will be better.

• Love
Reactions: lodro