Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Moristo SP Ax

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 79 Times in 60 Posts

Artic Wood, Azalea Off or Infinity

I played for a while with Stiga Infinity, played ok, quite like it, but that hollow feel and clunky sound just really annoyed me and put me off the blade.

I am currently using Force Pro Blue which I really like in many ways, good for blocking, great for driving and smashing, great for short pimples on bh.
      ......but I find it a lot harder to serve short and spinny with, I also find it a lot harder to get a variation of speed, spin and arc on fh loops with Tenergy 05fx.

Last night I tried Stratus Powerwood a blade i used a few years ago and my fh loops were off the scale, fantastic, my serves were spinnier, but the pimples on bh were all over the place.

The pimples were better on Infinity than on Stratus but not as good as on Force Pro Blue.

so are Artic Wood or Azalea going to be not hollow like Infinity and maybe in between Infinity and Force Pro Blue in regards to being a better looping blade and serving blade, but still stiff enough for bh SP hitting and blocking.

Otherwise I have to stick with Force Pro and break my back trying to loop with it!!

I can't find much out about players using Azalea Off or Artic Wood

2. Top | #2
      says Wa?

Senior TTD Member Country: Canada

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 322 Times in 206 Posts
      I would recommend sticking with the 7 ply. Otherwise you risk becoming the Judas of the solid wood gang.

I can loop fine with even harder stuff, so you should definitely be fine with more practice.

The hollowness comes from a contrast between the hardness of the layers. If the core is softer than the outer or intermediaries, it will always feel hollow. IMO, all 5 plies (of moderate thickness) I've touched felt hollow and flimsy. But take that with a grain of salt, even the Force Black feels "mildly" hollow to me haha.

3. Top | #3
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: England

Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Moristo SP Ax

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 79 Times in 60 Posts
      I think you could be right Lasta!!

Yes but compared to the Stratus the Force Pro Blue is really really hard to loop with maximum spin and variation and this causes me a lot of problems v slappers and hitters.

Also I served better immediately with Stratus, and I mean a lot better.

Having said that since switching to SP AX I am loving the short pimples, they are so much better than Spectol Red.

Also I kind of want to switch to Nittaku Hurricane Turbo Nutter Blue on fh, and i find it an awful rubber on stiff blades.
      Last edited by MOG; 1 Week Ago at 04:12 PM.