Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    1. Top | #121
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: Australia

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 189 Times in 120 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by zeio View Post
      As many feared on 5ch, Ito won't play in the All-Star event, citing her focus on "gold medal at Tokyo 2020."

After a week, the event has raised more than 2.5 times the 3 mil target.
      Poll today from Japanese residents only 1 qrt of residents want the games to proceed.

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/to...mpression=true

All these players around the globe not just for Table tennis but other sports could be preparing for something not bound to happen. Winter Olympics 6 months later, some countries may boycott as a sign of retaliation. I admire Mima response and positive outlook.

This could be as someone mentioned miserable times for these athletes training with unknowns, limited funds to no funds coming their way.

I would love to see ITTF events back but not like Japanese all star event but I only speak for myself, others might enjoy the idea.
      Last edited by MaLin2.0; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:40 AM.

2. Top | #122
      says I am a bot.

This user has been banned. Country: United States

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      i think they don't have the right to limit and don't permit women Korea to participate.

3. Top | #123
      says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Master TTD Member Country: Hong Kong

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 6,646 Times in 2,838 Posts
      250% to 262% during last week.

https://world-tt.com/go4t/post_news/5828
      早田ひな選手コメント

「今回、2020 JAPAN オールスタードリームマッチに出場出来る事を大変嬉しく思います。国内外での試合が中止になる中で、今回のドリームマッチで少しでも元気や笑顔をお届けできるように精一杯のプレーをしたいと思います。是非応援宜しくお願いします。」

7月26日現在、出場が決定している選手は以下のとおり

【男子】
      宇田幸矢(琉球アスティーダ/明治大学 所属)
      丹羽孝希(岡山リベッツ/スヴェンソン 所属)
      森薗政崇(岡山リベッツ/BOBSON 所属)

【女子】
      早田ひな(日本生命レッドエルフ 所属)
      Comment from Hina Hayata

"I am very pleased to be able to participate in the 2020 JAPAN All-Star Dream Match this time. With all the matches in Japan and overseas being cancelled, I will do my best to bring you a little more energy and smile in this Dream Match. I would appreciate your support."
      Race for Tokyo 2020 - China, Japan
      Time capsules - 2020, 2024, 2028

4. The Following 4 Users Like zeio's Post:

balazs1234 (1 Week Ago),MaLin2.0 (1 Week Ago),Takkyu_wa_inochi (1 Week Ago),Vlad Celler (6 Days Ago)

5. Top | #124
      says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      While the zombies are running rampant in Busan...

http://www.tabletenniscoaching.com/blog/3
      2021 World Championships in Houston
      Alas, Houston has withdrawn from running the 2021 World Singles and Doubles Championships. (It would have been the first Worlds in the US.) I'm told it's not directly because of the pandemic, but because the Olympics in Japan are now scheduled to start July 23, 2021, which would be just after the Houston Worlds in June. (They would, in fact, be sandwiched between the World Team Championships in South Korea, which moved from 2020 to Feb. 28-Mar. 7, 2021, and the Olympics, and they'd no longer be the premier event of the year.) This was discussed at the July 13 USATT board meeting (held online on Zoom, which I attended). Here is the USATT minutes page, and here is a direct link to the minutes of that meeting. Here's the pertinent info - "Ms. Sung" is USATT CEO Virginia Sung:

"Ms. Sung noted that two very important factors will impact the financial analysis for USATT. The first is the decision with respect to the 2021 Table Tennis World Championships, which were scheduled for Houston, Texas in June of 2021. However, Houston has withdrawn its offer to serve as a host the World Championships, and USATT is still awaiting the official decision of the ITTF as to how the international governing body for table tennis would like to proceed in this matter."

"Ms. Sung stated that there are several possibilities of how things will proceed, including the possibility that the ITTF will honor the contract that is already in place – and make the corresponding payments due to USATT under that contract – on the presumption that the US will host the World Championships at some future date. There is also the possibility that USATT will work out a different arrangement with the ITTF for a future World Championships in the United States."

I know that USATT is now actively looking for another site, but I have no idea if they would be able to do it now in 2021. We'll see. Alas, I was hoping to attend and do coverage, and then some sightseeing.

As I noted in a previous blog, I was supposed to go to the Olympics in Japan this year to do table tennis coverage for USA (both USA and international teams), and would be there now - but then the pandemic came. I may be going next year instead.

6. Top | #125
      says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      OTOH, Harimoto and Mizutani will play in the 2020 Japan All-Star Dream Match.

https://world-tt.com/go4t/post_news/5839
      ◆ 出場決定選手(男子)
      張本 智和  (木下マイスター東京/木下グループ 所属)
      「2020 JAPAN オールスタードリームマッチに選出いただき、ありがとうございます。
      新型コロナウィルス感染拡大により多くの試合が中止となる中で、試合ができる場を設けてくださったこと、またクラウドファンディングを通じて実施に向けて沢山のご支援をいただいていることに、感謝の気持ちでいっぱいです。
      当日は卓球ができる喜びを噛み締めながら、みなさんへの感謝をプレーに変えてお見せして、久しぶりの卓球観戦を楽しんでいただけたらいいなと思います。応援宜しくお願いします。」

水谷 隼 (木下グループ 所属)
      「2020 JAPAN オールスタードリームマッチに参加できること、とても光栄に思います。
      私に残された競技人生はそう長くはありませんが、日々進化している自分のプレーを、多くの方の心に刻めるように精一杯プレーさせていただきます。」
      ◆ Confirmed players (men)

Harimoto(Kinoshita Meister Tokyo/Kinoshita Group)
      "Thank you for inviting me to the 2020 JAPAN All-Star Fantasy Tournament.
      Due to the spread of the novel coronavirus, many competitions have been suspended. Under such circumstances, I am full of gratitude to those for providing us with a venue for the competition and for providing a lot of support through crowdfunding.
      I hope that while savoring the joy of playing table tennis, I will turn my gratitude to everyone into a match and enjoy the long-lost table tennis tounament. Please offer us your support."

Mizutani(Kinoshita Group)
      "I feel very honored to be able to participate in the 2020 JAPAN All-Star Dream Match.
      Although my career is on countdown, I will try my best to engrave my own game that keeps evolving every day in the hearts of more people."

7. The Following User Likes zeio's Post:

Vlad Celler (5 Days Ago)

8. Top | #126
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: Singapore

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,021 Times in 467 Posts
      At this rate, Hayata is gonna be the WS champion by default. Woots!

9. The Following 2 Users Like Janard's Post:

Vlad Celler (5 Days Ago),zeio (6 Days Ago)

10. Top | #127
      says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Winner: Team Hayata
      Also-ran:

11. Top | #128
      This user has no status.

Established TTD Member Country: Singapore

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 274 Times in 99 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Janard View Post
      At this rate, Hayata is gonna be the WS champion by default. Woots!
      Quote Originally Posted by zeio View Post
      Winner: Team Hayata
      Also-ran:
      Ishikawa and Hirano saw your comments and it only took them an hour to respond. Haha.

https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/tabletennis/news/2020/07/012678.html

Kasumi Ishikawa Comment ―
      “I decided to participate in the 2020 JAPAN All-Star Dream Match. I think that the Japanese table tennis world will be a symbolic event that will move forward step by step, starting from this event. It's a great honor to hear from you at the event, and although it's remote, it's a great pleasure for me as a player to be able to play in front of table tennis fans. Please stay!"
      https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/tabletenn...07/012679.html
      Miu Hirano comment ―
      "I'm really looking forward to playing in front of you for the first time in a long time in the 2020 JAPAN All-Star Dream Match. Even in this difficult situation, many people will be able to see it and I will be energized through table tennis with a little effort. We will do our best to serve you. Thank you for your support."
      Last edited by apacible; 6 Days Ago at 10:00 AM.

12. The Following 5 Users Like apacible's Post:

balazs1234 (6 Days Ago),Janard (6 Days Ago),MaLin2.0 (5 Days Ago),Vlad Celler (5 Days Ago),zeio (6 Days Ago)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567