2020 World Team Table Tennis Championships

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Maximum 2 naturalized players is BS to me. What if the 3 players won from the internal selection competition are all naturalized?

It is stupid to select Shin over Jeon as the Korean women’s team will suffer in the seeding without Jeon.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+3]DHS DJ 40+[/size] the ball specifically designed for Tokyo Olympics 2020.
New plastic material, a thinner outer sphere, higher spin rate, and .... reduced lifespan though.

/Be happy/.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Apparently, Yoo Nam-kyu (main coach for the Korean Women's Team) has resigned and is replaced by Chu Kyo-sung (two times WTTC Men's Team bronze medalist in 1995 and 1997). While the ostensible reason cited for You leaving is "personal", other sources claim that his (over)emphasis on endless competition among the Korean women had led to serious arguments with an unspecified player in the training hall. Since then, communication with the player(s) has been difficult which ultimately led to his departure.

So, politics has led to the current line-up for WTTTC and Olympics qualifications?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Is a combined women's team of North and South Korea possible?
I saw on the Internet a message that an application for such a team has been filed?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
LGY sux in MD and XD. As a lefty, that's lethal.

https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2020-01-20/doc-iihnzahk5338769.shtml
  “从奥运战略上看,2019年,王楚钦首次参加世乒赛单项比赛,就与马龙一起获得男双冠军;下半年王楚钦在单打赛场的成绩也有突破,作为年轻队员王楚钦拥有年龄优势,技术先进,单双打能力均衡,教练组也看重他未来的冲击力与未来发展。”对于王楚钦的入选,男队主教练秦志戬这样说道。因为在去年奥地利公开赛中摔拍的不理智行为,王楚钦被队内禁赛三个月,禁赛期至2月14日结束。“在过去这段时间里,王楚钦在教练组的帮助以及军训的历练下,深刻认识到了自己的问题,也触动了他的内心。”秦志戬这样表示。

“去年世乒赛以来,林高远在技术和大赛心理上都遇到了发展瓶颈,教练组也一直在帮助他突破。根据国际乒联的规定,3月21日前,世乒赛名单可以做出调整。我们希望这段时间内,所有运动员都可以以世乒赛参赛为目标去努力。”对于林高远的落选,秦志戬这样说道。

“王曼昱在成长过程中,人和球一定会遇到困难和瓶颈,特别是2019年下半年。其实我们很多优秀的运动员在她这个年龄段都遇到了这样的困难,经过自己的努力和教练的帮助都成为了大满贯。希望曼昱早日战胜困难,承担起女队的未来。”对于王曼昱的落选,女队主教练李隼这样表示。

“作为大满贯选手,丁宁不管是以往的大赛成绩、综合能力毋庸置疑,大赛经验和比赛抗压能力都很强;作为阵容中唯一一名左手选手,在打法配备上也是球队考虑的重要因素。”对于丁宁近期的状态和入选,李隼这样说道。

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
72-20012013232M94.jpg

72-200120132212433.jpg

SYS: I'm the next big thing, obviously I'm in. / CM: Damn, I thought ZYL is out of the race already. / DN: I can lose 100x but still be in the team just 'cause I'm a Grand Slammer. Try hard WMY. / ZYL: Bitch please, I was the champion for M12, why is my name still last on the list? / LSW: Why exert myself playing M12 when I'm a shoo-in? Silly girls.

72-200120132250561.jpg

ML, XX & FZD (smiling): Were there any doubts? / LJK (stoic): Omg, will I be the next Gaoyuan? / WCQ (emotionless): I can't smile can I? I'm still under suspension.

CNT just announced the line up for 2020 Busan WTTTC.

Men: ML, XX, FZD, LJK, WCQ
Women: LSW, CM, DN, SYS, ZYL

It surprises me that they choose WCQ instead of LGY...

I would not be suprised if this is the pattern going foward. Repeated failure under pressure is not looked kindly upon by the CNT.

WCQ is the promising youngster being groomed as the next generation after FZD (though their ages are honestly not that far apart), whereas LGY sorta has the aura of "well we tried him, but he was no good" around him.

So unless LGY finds and capitalises on the opportunity to prove himself on a big occasion, he's likely going to get overlooked on the things CNT truly value, even if his level of play might be slightly higher than WCQ (debatably).

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
View attachment 20577

View attachment 20578

SYS: I'm the next big thing, obviously I'm in. / CM: Damn, I thought ZYL is out of the race already. / DN: I can lose 100x but still be in the team just 'cause I'm a Grand Slammer. Try hard WMY. / ZYL: Bitch please, I was the champion for M12, why is my name still last on the list? / LSW: Why exert myself playing M12 when I'm a shoo-in? Silly girls.

View attachment 20579

ML, XX & FZD (smiling): Were there any doubts? / LJK (stoic): Omg, will I be the next Gaoyuan? / WCQ (emotionless): I can't smile can I? I'm still under suspension.

Janard
Comments on the photo you wrote?
:eek::eek::eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
That’s a breaking news. Apparently there were big arguments between Jeon Jihee and Yoo Nam Kyu after Jeon was not selected for WTTTC, and Yoo said only the WTTTC players will be the candidates for the Olympic Games. And looks like the Korean Table Tennis Association tends to support Jeon over Yoo. I can understand the Korean Table Tennis Association because they need Jeon in the team for the seeding.

Apparently, Yoo Nam-kyu (main coach for the Korean Women's Team) has resigned and is replaced by Chu Kyo-sung (two times WTTC Men's Team bronze medalist in 1995 and 1997). While the ostensible reason cited for You leaving is "personal", other sources claim that his (over)emphasis on endless competition among the Korean women had led to serious arguments with an unspecified player in the training hall. Since then, communication with the player(s) has been difficult which ultimately led to his departure.

So, politics has led to the current line-up for WTTTC and Olympics qualifications?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
That’s a breaking news. Apparently there were big arguments between Jeon Jihee and Yoo Nam Kyu after Jeon was not selected for WTTTC, and Yoo said only the WTTTC players will be the candidates for the Olympic Games. And looks like the Korean Table Tennis Association tends to support Jeon over Yoo. I can understand the Korean Table Tennis Association because they need Jeon in the team for the seeding.

I think the part that only the trials athletes will be Olympics candidates is the sticking point and makes absolutely no sense given the issues in play. I suspect there is something about naturalization that is not being discussed straightforwardly.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
Jan 2018
Last edited:
Jan 2018
When the shit hits the fan. 黃蜂尾後針,最毒婦人心。

https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20200123154700007
탁구협회, 유남규-전지희 '갈등' 규명 위해 스포츠공정위 열기로
송고시간 | 2020-01-23 17:00

31일 공정위 개최…대화 내용 녹음해 협회에 제출한 경위 등 확인
사실관계 확인 후 징계 여부 및 수위 등 결정

(서울=연합뉴스) 안홍석 기자 = 선수와의 갈등으로 유남규 전 여자대표팀 감독이 자진해서 사퇴하는 등 홍역을 치른 대한탁구협회(회장 유승민)가 결국 스포츠공정위원회(위원장 이장호 변호사)를 열어 잘잘못을 따지기로 했다.

탁구협회는 유 전 감독과 전 국가대표 전지희(포스코에너지) 간에 발생한 '녹취 공방' 사건을 스포츠공정위에 회부했다고 23일 밝혔다.

외부 인사로 이뤄진 스포츠공정위는 오는 31일 회의를 열어 사실관계를 확인한 뒤 징계 여부와 수위를 결정할 예정이다.

탁구계 관계자들에 따르면 유 전 감독은 2020 도쿄 올림픽에서 성과를 내기 위해 '무한경쟁'을 강조했고, 훈련 과정과 경기 기용 등을 놓고 일부 톱 랭커 선수들과 갈등을 빚었다.

급기야 지난해 11월 훈련장에선 유 감독과 갈등을 빚은 전지희가 대화 내용을 녹음했고, 이를 탁구협회에 제출했다.

유 전 감독은 결국 같은 해 12월 사퇴했고, 탁구협회는 유 전 감독의 후임으로 추교성 금천구청 감독에게 여자대표팀 지휘봉을 넘겼다.

탁구협회는 수차례 회의를 열어 사건 해결 방안을 모색했지만, 최대한 공정성을 확보하기 위해 결국 외부 법률 전문가들로 구성된 스포츠공정위에 판단을 맡기기로 했다.

박창익 탁구협회 실무부회장은 "유 전 감독과 전지희의 의견을 청취한 결과, 엇갈리는 부분이 있었고 탁구계 인사들의 판단만으로는 사실관계를 확인하는 데 한계가 있었다"면서 "당사자들의 인권 보장이라는 대전제 아래 규정대로 사건을 처리하고 있다"고 말했다.

[email protected]

<저작권자(c) 연합뉴스, 무단 전재-재배포 금지> 2020/01/23 17:00 송고
Ping Pong Association to Open Sports Competition Committee to Identify 'Conflict'
Posting Time | 2020-01-23 17:00

Fair on 31st… Record the contents of the conversation and confirm the details of the submission to the association.
Determination of disciplinary action and level after confirming facts

(Seoul = Yonhap News)
Ahn Hong-suk = The Korean Table Tennis Association (Chairman Yoo Seung-min), who suffered a measles after a voluntary resignation of former South Korean national team coach Yu Nam-kyu, decided to open the Sports Fair Committee (Chairman Lee Jang-ho).

The Ping-Pong Association announced on the 23 that it had submitted the 'Recording Studio' case between former coach Yoo and former national representative Jeon Ji-hee (POSCO Energy) to the Sports Fair Committee.

The Sports Fair Committee, which is made up of outside personnel, will hold a meeting on the 31st to check the facts and decide whether or not to discipline.

According to ping pong officials, Yoo emphasized "infinite competition'' to achieve results at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, and struggled with some top-ranked players over training courses and games.

In November last year, Jeon Ji-hee, who had a conflict with director Yoo at the training site, recorded the conversation and submitted it to the table tennis association.

Yoo eventually resigned in December of the same year, and the Ping Pong Association handed over the women's national team bachelor to Chuk-seong Geumcheon-gu Office.

The Ping-Pong Association held several meetings to seek solutions to the case, but in order to ensure maximum fairness, the Ping-Pong Association decided to entrust the Sports Fair Committee, which is made up of outside legal experts.

Park Chang-ik, vice chairman of the Ping-Pong Association, said, “As a result of listening to Yoo and Jeon Ji-hee's opinions, there was a gap between them. I'm handling the case. "

[email protected]

Copyright (c) Yonhap News, All Rights Reserved-No Redistribution 2020/01/23 17:00

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Yeah, saw reports about "recordings" and possibility of 'blackmailing' recently too although I'm curious as to what they actually contain beyond what was reported. Not sure that Yoo emphasising the need for endless competition is grounds for any disciplinary action tbh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
SUH Hyowon disappointed at the OQT, losing to KIM Song I and then to KIM Nam Hae.

I was a big fan of her, but she's alas already well past her prime. I tend to agree that Korea must renew their line-up even if they don't have a great result in 2020, they must prepare for the future. Anyway it looks like they won't be at the Olympics now