• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Results 1 to 15 of 15
    1. Top | #1
      Jeslun is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Allround Wood NCT
      Forehand Rubber Stiga Mantra H
      Backhand Rubber Tenergy 05

      Join Date
      Jan 2020
      Posts
      6
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

      I am looking for a blade that has a good feedback. Azalea, Carbonado 45/145, Clipper?

      Hi!

      I want to buy a blade to try out. I am looking for a blade that has a good feedback.

      Have you tried different blades and can recommend a blade? I am most curious about Azalea, carbonado 45 and 145 and Clipper wood. But I am also open to other blades.

      Would like to hear your thoughts about those blades if you have tried them out or other blades.

      Two weeks ago I tried Stiga Carbonado 190 with T05 (for only 2 minutes) and I thought the blade had a good feedback which I liked. Unfortunately I didn't have more time to try it but I liked it.


      I been thinking about Stiga Azalea Off, Stiga Carbonado 45 or Carbonado 145, Stiga Clipper Wood WRB or maybe something else that is popular for it’s feeling. I am leaning more towards to try Carbonado 45 because the only diffrent between 45/145/245 and 90/190/290 is the thickness of carbon fiber layer and how the carbon fibers are applied.
      When reading reviews I feel the Carbonado 45 (or perhaps 145) would suit my playstyle more rather than 90/190.


      And I guess Carbonado 45 will not be at least slower than my current blade which is Stiga Allround Wood NCT with T05 on BH and Mantra H on FH. Right now i have thoughts on to change my FH-rubber to Mantra M for a little more control. And I am also curious to try T80 instead of T05. So if I’m going to change to Carbonado 45 I thinking of trying T80 on BH och Mantra M on FH.

    2. Top | #2
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Offensive S; Tmount T540; Xiom Vega Euro
      Forehand Rubber Kokutaku 007 Pro; Hurricane 3; Tibhar MX-S
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega 7 Hyper; Stiga DNA H; Joola Maxxx 500

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      3,834
      Reviews
      Read 77 Reviews
      Liked 1,834 Times in 1,178 Posts
      Azalea Off has a really good feel.

    3. The Following 2 Users Like yogi_bear's Post:

      splasher78 (01-18-2020),thomas.pong (01-18-2020)

    4. Top | #3
      piligrim is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Canada
      piligrim's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Infinity VPS V
      Forehand Rubber FH: Bloom Power
      Backhand Rubber BH: Bluefire M2

      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      179
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 38 Times in 33 Posts
      the best feedback have Violin and Acoustic

    5. Top | #4
      lasta is offline
      says Wa?
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Canada
      lasta's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      596
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 340 Times in 214 Posts
      Haven't tried the Azalea, but the 145 and Clipper are both noticeably faster than your Stiga Allround.

      The Carbonado should feel sharper and bouncier overall whereas the Clipper is substantially softer on low impact while more solid/reinforced on high, also more linear overall. The Carbonado should "feel" faster, but if you have good fundamentals and can hit hard consistently, the Clipper is more satisfying in terms of feedback.

      My preference is for the Clipper.

    6. The Following User Likes lasta's Post:

      thomas.pong (01-18-2020)

    7. Top | #5
      Jeslun is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Allround Wood NCT
      Forehand Rubber Stiga Mantra H
      Backhand Rubber Tenergy 05

      Join Date
      Jan 2020
      Posts
      6
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      Thanks for your replies!

    8. Top | #6
      lVegita is offline
      says Nothing to see here
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Brazil
      lVegita's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Petr Korbel
      Forehand Rubber BH: Donic Bluefire M3
      Backhand Rubber FH: Donic Bluefire M2

      Join Date
      Sep 2018
      Posts
      498
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 538 Times in 269 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear View Post
      Azalea Off has a really good feel.
      Does anyone know how Azalea compares to Stiga Eternity and how both of them compare to Korbel, as reference?

    9. Top | #7
      piligrim is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Canada
      piligrim's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Infinity VPS V
      Forehand Rubber FH: Bloom Power
      Backhand Rubber BH: Bluefire M2

      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      179
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 38 Times in 33 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by lVegita View Post
      Does anyone know how Azalea compares to Stiga Eternity and how both of them compare to Korbel, as reference?

      Eternity much faster then Azalea

    10. The Following 2 Users Like piligrim's Post:

      lVegita (4 Weeks Ago),thomas.pong (01-18-2020)

    11. Top | #8
      thomas.pong is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: France

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Primorac Japan
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7

      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Location
      France / USA
      Posts
      994
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 462 Times in 329 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by lVegita View Post
      Does anyone know how Azalea compares to Stiga Eternity and how both of them compare to Korbel, as reference?
      Azalea OFF feels softer than Korbel JP, a bit and faster than Primorac JP.

    12. The Following User Likes thomas.pong's Post:

      lVegita (4 Weeks Ago)

    13. Top | #9
      thomas.pong is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: France

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Primorac Japan
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7

      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Location
      France / USA
      Posts
      994
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 462 Times in 329 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Jeslun View Post
      Hi!

      I want to buy a blade to try out. I am looking for a blade that has a good feedback.

      Have you tried different blades and can recommend a blade? I am most curious about Azalea, carbonado 45 and 145 and Clipper wood. But I am also open to other blades.

      Would like to hear your thoughts about those blades if you have tried them out or other blades.

      Two weeks ago I tried Stiga Carbonado 190 with T05 (for only 2 minutes) and I thought the blade had a good feedback which I liked. Unfortunately I didn't have more time to try it but I liked it.


      I been thinking about Stiga Azalea Off, Stiga Carbonado 45 or Carbonado 145, Stiga Clipper Wood WRB or maybe something else that is popular for it’s feeling. I am leaning more towards to try Carbonado 45 because the only diffrent between 45/145/245 and 90/190/290 is the thickness of carbon fiber layer and how the carbon fibers are applied.
      When reading reviews I feel the Carbonado 45 (or perhaps 145) would suit my playstyle more rather than 90/190.


      And I guess Carbonado 45 will not be at least slower than my current blade which is Stiga Allround Wood NCT with T05 on BH and Mantra H on FH. Right now i have thoughts on to change my FH-rubber to Mantra M for a little more control. And I am also curious to try T80 instead of T05. So if I’m going to change to Carbonado 45 I thinking of trying T80 on BH och Mantra M on FH.
      Off the blades you listed, Azalea OFF will have the most feedback assuming you're looking for feel and control with just a touch more speed than you current blade.

      Otherwise I'd recommend the Butterfly Primorac JP or Nittaku Violin, even more feedback.

      After that Nittaku Acoustic, OSP Virtuoso OFF-, Butterfly Korbel JP, pretty much in that order.

      As far as the rubbers go, you'll kind to have to try that for yourself, but I'd advise you just change one element at a time, in this case, the blade only.
      Last edited by thomas.pong; 01-18-2020 at 02:03 PM.

    14. The Following User Likes thomas.pong's Post:

      lVegita (4 Weeks Ago)

    15. Top | #10
      Jeslun is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Allround Wood NCT
      Forehand Rubber Stiga Mantra H
      Backhand Rubber Tenergy 05

      Join Date
      Jan 2020
      Posts
      6
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      Quote Originally Posted by thomas.pong View Post
      Off the blades you listed, Azalea OFF will have the most feedback assuming you're looking for feel and control which just a touch more speed than you current blade.

      Otherwise I'd recommend the Butterfly Primorac JP or Nittaku Violin, even more feedback.

      After that Nittaku Acoustic, OSP Virtuoso OFF-, Butterfly Korbel JP, pretty much in that order.

      As far as the rubbers go, you'll kind to have to try that for yourself, but I'd advise you just change one element at a time, in this case, the blade only.
      Thank you for your reply

      Yeah, I didn't mention that but you are assuming right.

      As you advised me, I will keep the rubbers. I can perhaps only try Mantra M instead of Mantra H on FH and keep T05 on BH? I'm just guessing Mantra H to Mantra M is not too big of a change even if the blade is different.
      another dilemma is that I have had always playing with 1,9 mm on my rubbers and now I want to try 2,1 mm on my rubbers. But changes like that is maybe minimal? I perhaps overthinking right now.

      It is very easy to get too excited sometimes

    16. Top | #11
      thomas.pong is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: France

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Primorac Japan
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7

      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Location
      France / USA
      Posts
      994
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 462 Times in 329 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Jeslun View Post
      Thank you for your reply

      Yeah, I didn't mention that but you are assuming right.

      As you advised me, I will keep the rubbers. I can perhaps only try Mantra M instead of Mantra H on FH and keep T05 on BH? I'm just guessing Mantra H to Mantra M is not too big of a change even if the blade is different.
      another dilemma is that I have had always playing with 1,9 mm on my rubbers and now I want to try 2,1 mm on my rubbers. But changes like that is maybe minimal? I perhaps overthinking right now.

      It is very easy to get too excited sometimes
      Yes, yes, yes.

      If you want something a bit softer for your FH, it's good to stay within the same series, so I think you'll be alright with Mantra M. There can be quite a difference between mid and max thickness, always good to stay on the safer side, like for me, T05 in max is a little too much, but I really like it in 1.9mm so I'd keep it at that. For the Mantra, since you're going softer, you could try that in max.

    17. Top | #12
      Jeslun is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Allround Wood NCT
      Forehand Rubber Stiga Mantra H
      Backhand Rubber Tenergy 05

      Join Date
      Jan 2020
      Posts
      6
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      Quote Originally Posted by thomas.pong View Post
      Yes, yes, yes.

      If you want something a bit softer for your FH, it's good to stay within the same series, so I think you'll be alright with Mantra M. There can be quite a difference between mid and max thickness, always good to stay on the safer side, like for me, T05 in max is a little too much, but I really like it in 1.9mm so I'd keep it at that. For the Mantra, since you're going softer, you could try that in max.
      Yes, I have decided I will try that, T05 (1,9 mm) on BH and Mantra M (2,1 mm) on FH.

      Now I just need to decide which blade I should try. Getting more excited to try Azalea now. But I will give it more time to think about it.

    18. Top | #13
      thomas.pong is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: France

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Primorac Japan
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7

      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Location
      France / USA
      Posts
      994
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 462 Times in 329 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Jeslun View Post
      Yes, I have decided I will try that, T05 (1,9 mm) on BH and Mantra M (2,1 mm) on FH.

      Now I just need to decide which blade I should try. Getting more excited to try Azalea now. But I will give it more time to think about it.
      Very good blade and excellent price-point.

    19. Top | #14
      Jim is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade FEXTRA 7
      Forehand Rubber HK1997 Gold
      Backhand Rubber Moon SPEED H

      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      Posts
      8
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
      Im currently using Sanwei fextra 7 , a bit faster than Clipper. Can be had for 20 € from Aliexpress, hard to beat that price/performance ratio.

    20. Top | #15
      alas26 is online now
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: United States

      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Acoustic C.Pen
      Forehand Rubber DHS Skyline 2 TG NEO
      Backhand Rubber DHS Skyline 3-60

      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      134
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts
      +1 for Nittaku Acoustic!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP