I am looking for a blade that has a good feedback. Azalea, Carbonado 45/145, Clipper?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Hi!

I want to buy a blade to try out. I am looking for a blade that has a good feedback.

Have you tried different blades and can recommend a blade? I am most curious about Azalea, carbonado 45 and 145 and Clipper wood. But I am also open to other blades.

Would like to hear your thoughts about those blades if you have tried them out or other blades.

Two weeks ago I tried Stiga Carbonado 190 with T05 (for only 2 minutes) and I thought the blade had a good feedback which I liked. Unfortunately I didn't have more time to try it but I liked it.

I been thinking about Stiga Azalea Off, Stiga Carbonado 45 or Carbonado 145, Stiga Clipper Wood WRB or maybe something else that is popular for it’s feeling. I am leaning more towards to try Carbonado 45 because the only diffrent between 45/145/245 and 90/190/290 is the thickness of carbon fiber layer and how the carbon fibers are applied.
When reading reviews I feel the Carbonado 45 (or perhaps 145) would suit my playstyle more rather than 90/190.

And I guess Carbonado 45 will not be at least slower than my current blade which is Stiga Allround Wood NCT with T05 on BH and Mantra H on FH. Right now i have thoughts on to change my FH-rubber to Mantra M for a little more control. And I am also curious to try T80 instead of T05. So if I’m going to change to Carbonado 45 I thinking of trying T80 on BH och Mantra M on FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Haven't tried the Azalea, but the 145 and Clipper are both noticeably faster than your Stiga Allround.

The Carbonado should feel sharper and bouncier overall whereas the Clipper is substantially softer on low impact while more solid/reinforced on high, also more linear overall. The Carbonado should "feel" faster, but if you have good fundamentals and can hit hard consistently, the Clipper is more satisfying in terms of feedback.

My preference is for the Clipper.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi!

I want to buy a blade to try out. I am looking for a blade that has a good feedback.

Have you tried different blades and can recommend a blade? I am most curious about Azalea, carbonado 45 and 145 and Clipper wood. But I am also open to other blades.

Would like to hear your thoughts about those blades if you have tried them out or other blades.

Two weeks ago I tried Stiga Carbonado 190 with T05 (for only 2 minutes) and I thought the blade had a good feedback which I liked. Unfortunately I didn't have more time to try it but I liked it.

I been thinking about Stiga Azalea Off, Stiga Carbonado 45 or Carbonado 145, Stiga Clipper Wood WRB or maybe something else that is popular for it’s feeling. I am leaning more towards to try Carbonado 45 because the only diffrent between 45/145/245 and 90/190/290 is the thickness of carbon fiber layer and how the carbon fibers are applied.
When reading reviews I feel the Carbonado 45 (or perhaps 145) would suit my playstyle more rather than 90/190.

And I guess Carbonado 45 will not be at least slower than my current blade which is Stiga Allround Wood NCT with T05 on BH and Mantra H on FH. Right now i have thoughts on to change my FH-rubber to Mantra M for a little more control. And I am also curious to try T80 instead of T05. So if I’m going to change to Carbonado 45 I thinking of trying T80 on BH och Mantra M on FH.

Off the blades you listed, Azalea OFF will have the most feedback assuming you're looking for feel and control with just a touch more speed than you current blade.

Otherwise I'd recommend the Butterfly Primorac JP or Nittaku Violin, even more feedback.

After that Nittaku Acoustic, OSP Virtuoso OFF-, Butterfly Korbel JP, pretty much in that order.

As far as the rubbers go, you'll kind to have to try that for yourself, but I'd advise you just change one element at a time, in this case, the blade only.

Last edited:
Reactions: lVegita
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Off the blades you listed, Azalea OFF will have the most feedback assuming you're looking for feel and control which just a touch more speed than you current blade.

Otherwise I'd recommend the Butterfly Primorac JP or Nittaku Violin, even more feedback.

After that Nittaku Acoustic, OSP Virtuoso OFF-, Butterfly Korbel JP, pretty much in that order.

As far as the rubbers go, you'll kind to have to try that for yourself, but I'd advise you just change one element at a time, in this case, the blade only.

Thank you for your reply:)

Yeah, I didn't mention that but you are assuming right.

As you advised me, I will keep the rubbers. I can perhaps only try Mantra M instead of Mantra H on FH and keep T05 on BH? I'm just guessing Mantra H to Mantra M is not too big of a change:confused: even if the blade is different.
another dilemma is that I have had always playing with 1,9 mm on my rubbers and now I want to try 2,1 mm on my rubbers. But changes like that is maybe minimal? I perhaps overthinking right now. :p

It is very easy to get too excited sometimes :eek:

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Thank you for your reply:)

Yeah, I didn't mention that but you are assuming right.

As you advised me, I will keep the rubbers. I can perhaps only try Mantra M instead of Mantra H on FH and keep T05 on BH? I'm just guessing Mantra H to Mantra M is not too big of a change:confused: even if the blade is different.
another dilemma is that I have had always playing with 1,9 mm on my rubbers and now I want to try 2,1 mm on my rubbers. But changes like that is maybe minimal? I perhaps overthinking right now. :p

It is very easy to get too excited sometimes :eek:

Yes, yes, yes.

If you want something a bit softer for your FH, it's good to stay within the same series, so I think you'll be alright with Mantra M. There can be quite a difference between mid and max thickness, always good to stay on the safer side, like for me, T05 in max is a little too much, but I really like it in 1.9mm so I'd keep it at that. For the Mantra, since you're going softer, you could try that in max.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Yes, yes, yes.

If you want something a bit softer for your FH, it's good to stay within the same series, so I think you'll be alright with Mantra M. There can be quite a difference between mid and max thickness, always good to stay on the safer side, like for me, T05 in max is a little too much, but I really like it in 1.9mm so I'd keep it at that. For the Mantra, since you're going softer, you could try that in max.

Yes, I have decided I will try that, T05 (1,9 mm) on BH and Mantra M (2,1 mm) on FH.

Now I just need to decide which blade I should try. Getting more excited to try Azalea now. But I will give it more time to think about it.