Curious about DIY / Customised table tennis blades including custom clones

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Why bother with a copy cat when you can get the original for just a few dollars more?

I respect custom wood workers.

But instead of working on their own designs, most of their effort goes into making handles look like someone elses. I have nothing good to say about people who structure their values like that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
That being said, if you are set on saving the 6-7 dollars, they don't look too shabby. Unless they completely screw up the gluing process, it should be in the same ballpark as the original.

There really isn't that much difference in the way people make blades nowadays.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
There was thread some time ago that touched upon the subject:
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...out-aliexpress&p=293467&viewfull=1#post293467

Guy there bought custom hurricane hao and he said it was good. I myself have two "lemuria" blades. One is long V clone second one is w968-5 (with ebony top plies). Haven't used ebony one, but after using Fake V for more than a month I have no issues with it. I've done nothing with them prior to gluing and it did not splinter when separating the rubbers whereas more expensive branded blades did. It had decent build quality and has similar frequencies as the original ones (which hint that it has similar wood density).

This user has no status.
There was thread some time ago that touched upon the subject:
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...out-aliexpress&p=293467&viewfull=1#post293467

Guy there bought custom hurricane hao and he said it was good. I myself have two "lemuria" blades. One is long V clone second one is w968-5 (with ebony top plies). Haven't used ebony one, but after using Fake V for more than a month I have no issues with it. I've done nothing with them prior to gluing and it did not splinter when separating the rubbers whereas more expensive branded blades did. It had decent build quality and has similar frequencies as the original ones (which hint that it has similar wood density).

That's really helpful thanks! Was curious enough to want to try but since I didn't want to potentially waste money, I wanted to see what other people's experiences were

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
last year i ordered a stiga dynasty carbon custom made copy blade by lemuria in aliexpress for only $21, i have never played real dynasty blade before it is my first carbon blade, i only played the blade about 3x i dont like the feel, it feels like hitting thru a frying pan, control is also bad, speed is very fast, i regret buying that blade, but the finishing of the blade is good, there are more cheap blades out there like yinhe, palio or sanwei that are way better than those fake copy, at least you wont get a fake copy blade

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
last year i ordered a stiga dynasty carbon custom made copy blade by lemuria in aliexpress for only $21, i have never played real dynasty blade before it is my first carbon blade, i only played the blade about 3x i dont like the feel, it feels like hitting thru a frying pan, control is also bad, speed is very fast, i regret buying that blade, but the finishing of the blade is good, there are more cheap blades out there like yinhe, palio or sanwei that are way better than those fake copy, at least you wont get a fake copy blade.

I am satisfied with what I got, but I also am 100% ok with you not being satisfied with your purchase. Stiga Dynasty is a pretty fast blade and in the original form it used Textreme+ which is expensive material which makes me think that Lemuria used just plain old carbon. Your feelings are reminding me of my friend's Donic outer carbon blade (i think the name is powercarbon or true carbon, it had black anatomic handle) though.

To why this exactly has a reasonable purpose, it allows you to get some personalization in form of picking different handle designs and picking the weight. When I ordered my blade and most of the blades for my friends from local dealers I didn't have opportunity to pick the weight. Weight makes kinda difference.

I would still go for a blade from reputable brand if you can. But in case of DHS Long V, 3 or maybe Innerforce ZLC it makes a some sense for me due to the price differential. Original is expensive and for my very limited skill. For low price I can have something good enough to satisfy my curiosity. There are also manufacturers who make copies of well known blades and are marketing them as same structure but put their own badge on it. For example XVT, which yogi_bear had written a rather postive review of.

Last edited: