• Welcome Guest

1. Top | #1
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Austria

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

What did I do wrong at boosting?

I wanted to boost H3 Neo Commercial but it didn't turn out as I would expect.

First I put on a layer of solvent based glue on the rubber, and then a thin layer of booster. After about 12 hours the rubber still hasn't
      curved at all and I decided to put on another layer of booster, this time a bit thicker. This time the rubber domed quite heavily and it was still very domed 4 days after that, and it didn't look like it would un-dome more. I had to put it on my racket, because i needed to play. This was a bit of a challenge, because solvent glue curves the rubber even more, but I managed to stick it on the racket (but the lower edges seem to come off now).
      What did I do wrong to make the rubber curve that much? Why wasn't there a dome after putting on the first layer of booster? I used Huieson glue and Seamoon Solubility Bond booster.

2. Top | #2
      says Wa?

Senior TTD Member Country: Canada

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 340 Times in 214 Posts
      Solvent based glue usually have a weaker bond. If you boost, make sure you use a stronger glue. DHS 15 works great with heavily curled rubbers.

3. Top | #3
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
      In some youtube videos I watched, the rubber un-domed after about 24 hours, why did mine stay curved for more than 4 days?

4. Top | #4
      says http://youtube.com/c/StehTisch
      tennis

Established TTD Member Country: Germany
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Viscaria
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar MX-P
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar MX-P

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 104 Times in 43 Posts
      Possibly the seconds booster layer was too thick in the end?

What booster did you use?

5. The Following User Likes StehTischtennis's Post:

UpSideDownCarl (01-19-2020)

6. Top | #5
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: United States

Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Offensive S
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 05

Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
      I just boosted a sheet. Same thing. What I usually do is keep the freshly glued rubber and blade under a stack of
      books for a day or so. Then I always use edge tape. That helps a lot.

7. Top | #6
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by StehTischtennis View Post
      Possibly the seconds booster layer was too thick in the end?

What booster did you use?
      I used Haifu Seamoon (Solubility Bond) booster. The second layer was only a little bit thicker than the first layer, did that really make such a difference?

8. Top | #7
      says http://youtube.com/c/StehTisch
      tennis

Established TTD Member Country: Germany
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Viscaria
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar MX-P
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar MX-P

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 104 Times in 43 Posts
      Could be.

My only experience with Haifu Seamoon booster is from prott.cc and I've never really gotten any real reaction from my rubbers from this stuff.

I've ordered Falco booster from a polish shop for 20 Euros and will try that.

9. Top | #8
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
      I've only boosted 4 different rubbers or so but have noticed each additional layer of booster needs more time to uncurl than the last layer for some reason.

1st layer barely curls, and I usually put the 2nd layer on 12 hours later or so. After the 2nd layer though, I'm waiting at least 1-3 days for it to uncurl a bit before putting on the next layer.

With 4 layers of boosting, the whole process took 2.5 weeks from start to gluing on the blade, and the rubber still slightly curls off at the blade's edges. I'll probably have to wait 3 weeks next time lol.

I saw people post videos of people doing the whole process in a week or so. I dry under a fan as well and I don't think I apply nearly as much booster as they show (my rubber doesn't curl to the point of being a cylinder).

For what it's worth, I use a Falco Tempo Long on H3N. I try to apply the same amount of booster on each layer and I use water-based glue (FineZip).

10. The Following User Likes smash into net's Post:

loerting (01-18-2020)

11. Top | #9
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
      To answer your question more directly though, my guess is you applied too thick of a layer for your second layer.

Quote Originally Posted by loerting View Post

First I put on a layer of solvent based glue on the rubber, and then a thin layer of booster. After about 12 hours the rubber still hasn't
      curved at all and I decided to put on another layer of booster, this time a bit thicker. This time the rubber domed quite heavily and it was still very domed 4 days after that, and it didn't look like it would un-dome more. I had to put it on my racket, because i needed to play. This was a bit of a challenge, because solvent glue curves the rubber even more, but I managed to stick it on the racket (but the lower edges seem to come off now).
      What did I do wrong to make the rubber curve that much? Why wasn't there a dome after putting on the first layer of booster? I used Huieson glue and Seamoon Solubility Bond booster.

12. The Following User Likes smash into net's Post:

loerting (01-18-2020)

13. Top | #10
      This user has no status.

Established TTD Member Country: United States

Equipment:
      Blade OLDER,THINNER STIGA CLIPPER WOOD & AZALEA OFFENSIVE
      Forehand Rubber H3 Provincial Orange 39 deg unboosted
      Backhand Rubber Andro Rasanter R37

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 46 Times in 38 Posts
      I agree with "what smash into net" said. 2nd Layer probable too much. I've had this happen to me in the past and with time (approx. 1.5 weeks) the doming eventually went down.

Quote Originally Posted by loerting View Post