• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Results 1 to 17 of 17
    1. Top | #1
      Madmazel is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Europe


      Join Date
      Sep 2018
      Posts
      30
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      short pips for close table

      hi guys
      i have tibhar stratus power wood ,but i want to choise a short pips for BH . PAY CLOSE TABLE!

      what is your suggestion for buy BH rubber (short pips)?

    2. Top | #2
      chintanmashroo is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: India
      chintanmashroo's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Zhang Jike Super ZLC
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 80

      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Gandhinagar
      Posts
      554
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts
      nittaku beautry if you are experimenting
      tibhar speedy soft xd dtechs if you are experienced

      Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

    3. The Following User Likes chintanmashroo's Post:

      Madmazel (01-19-2020)

    4. Top | #3
      lasta is online now
      says Wa?
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Canada
      lasta's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      605
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 341 Times in 215 Posts
      There is a lot of homogeneity amongst short pips. As long as you get one in the right hardness (top sheet and sponge), they all play similar.

      That being said, short pips are much more demanding on the blade. You won't be able to get the stiff, direct, solid, reinforced, precise, linear, crisp feel with a stratus power wood...

      But maybe that only matter for people who are demanding. For soft blades, I recommend a harder short pips (802 in their 40+ degree sponges or Dolphin).

      If you decide to get the right kind of blades:

      For backhands, Spectol Red, Moristo, and Blowfish+ are my preferences. If you want more spin, Victas 102, Spinpips red and Blowfish.
      Last edited by lasta; 01-19-2020 at 06:12 PM.

    5. The Following 2 Users Like lasta's Post:

      729B2zzzz (01-20-2020),Madmazel (01-19-2020)

    6. Top | #4
      Madmazel is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Europe


      Join Date
      Sep 2018
      Posts
      30
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by chintanmashroo View Post
      nittaku beautry if you are experimenting
      tibhar speedy soft xd dtechs if you are experienced

      Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by lasta View Post
      There is a lot of homogeneity amongst short pips. As long as you get one in the right hardness (top sheet and sponge), they all play similar.

      That being said, short pips are much more demanding on the blade. You won't be able to get the stiff, direct, solid, reinforced, precise, linear, crisp feel with a stratus power wood...

      But maybe that only matter for people who are demanding. For soft blades, I recommend a harder short pips (802 in their 40+ degree sponges or Dolphin).

      If you decide to get the right kind of blades:

      For backhands, Spectol Red, Moristo, and Blowfish+ are my preferences. If you want more spin, Victas 102, Spinpips red and Blowfish.

      i have disability and i should play close table
      i want a pips rubber without layer

      what do you think guys?

    7. Top | #5
      JMC is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: United States

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Allround Classic ALL
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution FX-P
      Backhand Rubber Dr. Evil

      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Midwest
      Posts
      18
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
      Dr. Evil short pips are classic no sponge pips that work well close to the table.

    8. The Following User Likes JMC's Post:

      Madmazel (01-20-2020)

    9. Top | #6
      danisius is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Bulgaria

      Equipment:
      Blade Victas Quartet AFC
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 (Provincial) /40 /2.15
      Backhand Rubber NIttaku Fastarc G-1 /2.00

      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      48
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 25 Times in 17 Posts
      i used to play with sp for several years and pips typet depends on your style. All short pips are designed for close to table play.
      I suggest you boosted 802-40, i liked also TSP Super SP blue/red you. both allows to execute light opening topspin.
      Victas 101 are very nasty - almost insensitive to incoming spin but requires good skills.

    10. The Following User Likes danisius's Post:

      Madmazel (01-20-2020)

    11. Top | #7
      wappak is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Singapore

      Equipment:
      Blade xiom hinoki s7
      Forehand Rubber dms firestorm

      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Posts
      60
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
      may i suggest dms firestorm soft, easy to drive and smash, insensitive to spin also

      Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

    12. The Following User Likes wappak's Post:

      Madmazel (01-20-2020)

    13. Top | #8
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Offensive S; Tmount T540; Xiom Vega Euro
      Forehand Rubber Kokutaku 007 Pro; Hurricane 3; Tibhar MX-S
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega 7 Hyper; Stiga DNA H; Joola Maxxx 500

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      3,846
      Reviews
      Read 77 Reviews
      Liked 1,840 Times in 1,182 Posts
      Ritc 802-40 cheap but good.

    14. The Following User Likes yogi_bear's Post:

      Madmazel (01-20-2020)

    15. Top | #9
      wappak is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Singapore

      Equipment:
      Blade xiom hinoki s7
      Forehand Rubber dms firestorm

      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Posts
      60
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear View Post
      Ritc 802-40 cheap but good.
      sir yogi, the problem with 802-40 is their sponge is hard even at 38 degrees, top sheet rubber are easily get oxidise in just a month

    16. The Following User Likes wappak's Post:

      Madmazel (01-20-2020)

    17. Top | #10
      Madmazel is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Europe


      Join Date
      Sep 2018
      Posts
      30
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by danisius View Post
      i used to play with sp for several years and pips typet depends on your style. All short pips are designed for close to table play.
      I suggest you boosted 802-40, i liked also TSP Super SP blue/red you. both allows to execute light opening topspin.
      Victas 101 are very nasty - almost insensitive to incoming spin but requires good skills.
      Quote Originally Posted by JMC View Post
      Dr. Evil short pips are classic no sponge pips that work well close to the table.
      Quote Originally Posted by wappak View Post
      may i suggest dms firestorm soft, easy to drive and smash, insensitive to spin also

      Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear View Post
      Ritc 802-40 cheap but good.
      Quote Originally Posted by wappak View Post
      sir yogi, the problem with 802-40 is their sponge is hard even at 38 degrees, top sheet rubber are easily get oxidise in just a month
      i think Donic Spike p1 or p2 is good choose with stratus power wood for close table , as i have disability

      what do you think guys?

    18. Top | #11
      lasta is online now
      says Wa?
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Canada
      lasta's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      605
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 341 Times in 215 Posts
      Hi Madmazel,

      What's the nature of your disability? Is it affecting your mobility? Don't worry, no shame in accepting the fact, and we are not here to judge.

      Most short pips players tend to stick closer to the table than other styles, but there is no one thing that makes on pip better in that zone than another.

      Generally speaking, switching to short pips require a more committed playing style. Against similarly skilled opponents, short pips have a disadvantage in opening attacks, especially effective loops against backspin, or if you are up to that stage, attacking serves. You really need to adopt a more aggressive style and take every chance you get. It does reward hard drives and smashing against lower balls where most inverted players won't even think of playing hard.

      I only played 2 hardbat tournaments, so for OX (I assume that's what you mean by without layer) I've only used 802 and 889. I prefer the 889 because it's a bit softer and can generate a little more spin.

    19. The Following User Likes lasta's Post:

      Madmazel (01-20-2020)

    20. Top | #12
      Madmazel is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Europe


      Join Date
      Sep 2018
      Posts
      30
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by lasta View Post
      Hi Madmazel,

      What's the nature of your disability? Is it affecting your mobility? Don't worry, no shame in accepting the fact, and we are not here to judge.

      Most short pips players tend to stick closer to the table than other styles, but there is no one thing that makes on pip better in that zone than another.

      Generally speaking, switching to short pips require a more committed playing style. Against similarly skilled opponents, short pips have a disadvantage in opening attacks, especially effective loops against backspin, or if you are up to that stage, attacking serves. You really need to adopt a more aggressive style and take every chance you get. It does reward hard drives and smashing against lower balls where most inverted players won't even think of playing hard.

      I only played 2 hardbat tournaments, so for OX (I assume that's what you mean by without layer) I've only used 802 and 889. I prefer the 889 because it's a bit softer and can generate a little more spin.
      thanks
      i want more for blocking and push , you think Donic Spike p2 is good for BH with stratus power wood?

    21. Top | #13
      lasta is online now
      says Wa?
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Canada
      lasta's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      605
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 341 Times in 215 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Madmazel View Post
      thanks
      i want more for blocking and push , you think Donic Spike p2 is good for BH with stratus power wood?
      Those are long pimples.

    22. Top | #14
      Lula is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Sweden


      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      1,249
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,044 Times in 569 Posts
      If you should use it because of the ability i think you should have something with less grip and somewhat soft. 802 40 is to hard and to much grip. atleast the one you buy i a store.

    23. Top | #15
      Tinykin is online now
      says , "the older I get, the
      craftier I become"
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: UK
      Tinykin's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Darker Speed90 x2
      Forehand Rubber FH: Butterfly Dignics 80 red
      Backhand Rubber BH: Butterfly Dignics 05 blk

      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      England
      Posts
      1,135
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 918 Times in 447 Posts
      In my experience, and I am not an expert. I have observed that players with disabilities more or less use the same equipment as their able bodied counterparts. The top players, even in the wheelchair events, use Tenergy/Viscaria or similar.
      My table tennis club in Bristol, England
      http://bristol-cssc-tabletennis.weebly.com/

    24. The Following User Likes Tinykin's Post:

      lasta (4 Weeks Ago)

    25. Top | #16
      mart1nandersson is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Sweden
      mart1nandersson's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Defensive Classic
      Forehand Rubber Nittaku Fastarc G-1
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Grass D.TecS

      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Posts
      848
      Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 593 Times in 361 Posts
      Anna-Carin Ahlquist (who has won lots of international titles) uses medium pips on her BH.

      Some samples of her playing:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIe9bR37QJg
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5r6aLsiXjU

    26. Top | #17
      Ahmet Asim Duman is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Kyrgyzstan

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Primorac
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft

      Join Date
      Jan 2020
      Location
      Kyrgyzstan/Bishkek
      Posts
      12
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
      how can i make my post seen by many people

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP