DHS Hurricane 3 NEO replacement

This user has no status.
I know this has been debated a gazillion times already but I feel this topic needs a refreshment. :)

So...I've been playing the H3 NEO boosted with falco long for awhile. It is "the best" rubber for me when getting the boosting process correct, but I feel there are just too many factors involved with the boosting and the quality of the sheet (when new). Also I'm fed up with the boosters...too time consuming!
Therefore I'm now looking for a replacement rubber. I've browsed around the web for some info but generally I just find threads about this topic from around 2016. I'm thinking the market has changed quite alot since 2016, right?

So what am I looking for in general? I've spent it a thought and this is what I've come up with.

+ Linear rubber. Not very fond of bouncy stuff (for FH)
+ Grippy top sheet, not necessarily tacky.
+ Durability (from my experience every single donic rubber fails this category, but that might have changed?)

My gamestyle is offensive / allround oriented with focus on spin, trying to open up the game as fast as possible.

Well.... anyone have any suggestions?
I dont know wheter this has anything to do with it but I play a bty viscaria blade and bty rozena 1.9 red as BH.

Kind regards
Lukas

EDIT*
Im thinking of going pure euro. So in order to make the transition... from h3 neo boosting hassle to euro rubber. What are your reccomendations?

Im currently thinking Nittaku fastarc G-1, Andro rasanter r47, tenergy 05/05h, xiom omega v asia

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Nittaku versions are always a lot better than dhs versions.
Just go with the nittaku h3 pro or pro turbo ...

Reactions: Lukas Oja
This user has no status.
I’ve recently received two sheets of Friendship Bloom Power. I haven’t played H3N so I don’t know that my opinion is very relevant, but it’s been advertised elsewhere as an alternative for those that don’t enjoy boosting.

I’ve tested it unboosted, coming from a Mantra M / Genesis II M setup and I’ve been able to adapt fairly quickly. It’s certainly not as fast as mantra but it certainly works for me.

It’s also cheap as hell, the practice sheets (without ITTF logo) coming as $9 and the competition ones at 21€ from ttdd.eu

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I spent some time looking for replacements. The best I found were the 729 Bloom and Presto range, Loki GTX Pro, slightly underwhelmed by 729 Battle II. Also tried various blue sponge, national and provincial H3. In the end I have gone back to straight from the pack, unboosted H3 Neo, which seems to be improving in quality lately. I have also started moving away from faster blades, and it doesn't appear to affect the speed of my shots. My win ratio is on the up, so something is working for me. Of other manufacturers, Nittaku FastArc G1 is good when run in, and the same probably holds for many others. I have not been so happy with any hybrid rubbers I've tried, which is annoying. Obviously, YMMV.

This user has no status.
You know, over the course of my journey experimenting with different rubbers, nothing has really come close to the characteristics of a boosted H3 rubber. I'm also not aware of any players around me who actually really moved on from H3. They have played with H3 for years and they just love what it is capable of, even if it is a hassle to boost. After swearing to myself that I'll move on and try to find a similar rubber that performs like H3 because I hate the hassle of having to spend the time to boost the rubber, I ended up purchasing another sheet of H3 after the abstinence of about 6 months.

I wish you good luck in finding your H3 replacement.

Reactions: AndroidRX93
This user has no status.
You know, over the course of my journey experimenting with different rubbers, nothing has really come close to the characteristics of a boosted H3 rubber. I'm also not aware of any players around me who actually really moved on from H3. They have played with H3 for years and they just love what it is capable of, even if it is a hassle to boost. After swearing to myself that I'll move on and try to find a similar rubber that performs like H3 because I hate the hassle of having to spend the time to boost the rubber, I ended up purchasing another sheet of H3 after the abstinence of about 6 months.

I wish you good luck in finding your H3 replacement.

As it seems atm, I will try my luck with nittaku hurricane pro 3 turbo orange sponge.... and no boos(t)ing.
And frankly if this isent the one for me.... I'll go with euro rubber....

*edit*
After reading up on this nittaku h3 pro turbo rubber.... I'm not so sure anymore.. lots of ppl still need to boost it.... woaaaaah, maybe its time to surrender to the euro-rubber world.

Last edited: