DHS Hurricane 3 NEO replacement

says I buy too much equipment
says I buy too much equipment
Jul 2019
What about Victas 07 Sticky Extra? Has anyone tried this out?
It's not like a Hurricane at all, it's a very strange rubber. Feels very soft and the spin isn't that great, much less than most ESN rubbers even. It is very controllable and easy to use however but not really suited for a Chinese technique imo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
You know, over the course of my journey experimenting with different rubbers, nothing has really come close to the characteristics of a boosted H3 rubber. I'm also not aware of any players around me who actually really moved on from H3. They have played with H3 for years and they just love what it is capable of, even if it is a hassle to boost. After swearing to myself that I'll move on and try to find a similar rubber that performs like H3 because I hate the hassle of having to spend the time to boost the rubber, I ended up purchasing another sheet of H3 after the abstinence of about 6 months.
What do you use for boosting?
Sorry for off topic.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Recently I began playing with Rhyzer 50 (on 5ply wood) but should have started when it came out. Ultra grippy, great speed, easy to control, good touch in the short game. It has it all and somewhat reminds me of my boosted TG3 Neo plus the extra speed and minus the tackiness

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
R53 is a VERY heavy rubber, but besides this: test it, it is very good.
If you don't want such a heavy rubber, Fastarc G-1 is also worth to try.

I know this has been debated a gazillion times already but I feel this topic needs a refreshment. :)

So...I've been playing the H3 NEO boosted with falco long for awhile. It is "the best" rubber for me when getting the boosting process correct, but I feel there are just too many factors involved with the boosting and the quality of the sheet (when new). Also I'm fed up with the boosters...too time consuming!
Therefore I'm now looking for a replacement rubber. I've browsed around the web for some info but generally I just find threads about this topic from around 2016. I'm thinking the market has changed quite alot since 2016, right?

So what am I looking for in general? I've spent it a thought and this is what I've come up with.

+ Linear rubber. Not very fond of bouncy stuff (for FH)
+ Grippy top sheet, not necessarily tacky.
+ Durability (from my experience every single donic rubber fails this category, but that might have changed?)

My gamestyle is offensive / allround oriented with focus on spin, trying to open up the game as fast as possible.

Well.... anyone have any suggestions?
I dont know wheter this has anything to do with it but I play a bty viscaria blade and bty rozena 1.9 red as BH.

Kind regards
Lukas

EDIT*
Im thinking of going pure euro. So in order to make the transition... from h3 neo boosting hassle to euro rubber. What are your reccomendations?

Im currently thinking Nittaku fastarc G-1, Andro rasanter r47, tenergy 05/05h, xiom omega v asia

I currently have H3 Neo on one of my blades, unboosted, 39'. From your euro list, I have played with Rasanter R47 and both T05 and T05H. The closest feeling I got to Chenese rubbers in the short game and in terms of linearity (if this is even a word) was from R47, which I am thinking of replacing H3Neo with since I put Dignics 05 on both sides of my other blade now. Dignics 05 is also very good on both BH and FH, I adjusted very quickly from H3 Neo to it. If I were you, I would wait a bit and try Dignics 9c, apparently it is supposed to be tacky.

D09c would definitely be closer to H3 since it sounds like it'll be a hybrid rubber. I can't imagine R47 being anywhere closer to H3 though and that was not my experience at all. R47 is a very bouncy tensor rubber and it had no linearity like H3.

Interesting... I didn't find R47 to be that bouncy at all, for me it was very easy in a short game, but it generated a lot of spin and good amount of speed on both Hurricane Long 3 and Viscaria blades that I used at the time. But you are not going to have that dull rubber feeling from it as you wood from H3 Neo or other tacky chinese rubbers in the short game, thats for sure.

However, I was suggesting tensors since I think I have seen it somewhere in your post.

If you think R47 is too bouncy, I think you will find Dignics 05 to be also too bouncy. For me it is just a joy to play with it at the moment. And it is fairly linear on your FH.

Anyway, good luck in your search. It took me a while to find FH rubber that was right for me.