Search for Blade high arc + thick square handle

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
hypnotic,

Maybe it is proof that I suck as a businessman and am better at being a TT enthusiast. I have the mental deficiency of being inclined to speak my mind on what I believe instead of lying like a politician. (I would make an even lousier politician) I do that even if it doesn't help business or even hurts it.

Der Echte you have just gone up in my estimation. Honesty and sincerity are two of the greatest traits in a human!!

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi Juergen,

You seem pretty specific about what you want.

I would recommend the same thing as Kuba did. If your ZLF offers almost everything you need, then find a blade/woodworker and have him make a thicker rectangular handle using the same material from what yours is made from.

But as you noticed, when you change anything, the feel becomes different. A thicker handle means less of the impact sensation is transferred to your palm, it may also increase the reinforcement of the neck (where flex is most apparent). Have your chosen woodworker/blade maker experiment with different materials and the deepness and thickness of the "finger rest" portion of the handle (thinner and shorter to induce more neck flex).

I'm not the end all of blade EJs, but having owned 36 at one point or another, I like to think I'm moderately experienced. Going custom is like taking the "red pill". The more you try, the more you know. The more you know, the more discerning you become. The more discerning you become, the further you will feel like you are from perfection. What you think is perfect changes with the season. Every time you try a new blade, it challenges your existing thesis. And the cycle continues.

As your skills improve, optimal specs also change. But eventually you will reach a point where you can play competitively with just about anything.

I don't regret buying stuff because honestly TT is one of the (relatively) cheaper hobbies in the online community and it satisfies some on my curiosities. But you need to decide whether this bandwagon to nowhere is worth you while.

Reactions: MOG
I’m as well finding it very difficult to get information on larger handles. The adidas straight handles is the largest (wide and thick as well as slightly longer) i’ve came across but they’re hard to get. Possibly ITC since it’s the same producer as Adidas but I haven’t seen any afk.

For me as well, grip tape doesn’t quite do the trick. If someone with more knowledge/experience with equipment would focus a bit on handles I would be very interested!

I think Sanwei ST handles are bigger.

Reactions: Antonlan
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, I agree, talking with any of the blade makers on the site, explaining what you want, you will get something better than any blade company can give you.

And it is not hard to make something that plays like the Innerforce Layer ZLF and has the handle you want.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
20200127_215413.jpg

20200127_215846.jpg
20200127_215636.jpg

Just try it. It feels right.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Thanks again for the tip yogi_bear.

My sanwei Flextra blade arrived today. It is realy big. Biggest I got over all the years.