Xiom Tau II

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Xiom already has Offensive S, Zeta Off, Vega blades and Extreme S so i do not think they need to add more.
That's truly commendable that they don't go with Butterfly strategy with rebranding Viscaria as bazilion of other models. I still think that they will make Hugo his own blade. I also think It might be sooner or later. Right now everyone has truckload of time to design something new, fun and good (like the SAL actually) since the current public health situation. Maybe they will make a mass version of SAL in a year or two (current run is marketed as limited run on xiom eu page). This is only speculation though.

Last edited:
Too bad :| I love allwood fast blades and Xiom has very good quality :(

The all wood blades of Xiom like Offensive S and Extreme plus the Solo sre already good for most people. The quality is good too. I am a fan of the Extreme S. Fast blade!

would be nice to see it in other parts of the world, how is durability?

Durability is better than non-tacky esn rubbers. It does pick up dust easily so you need to clean it often.

Reactions: mocker88
Yogi have the same sponge than Vega China?

They seem to have the same appearance but I need to confirm it first. TAU II has a 55 degree sponge while Vega China has a 54 degree sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Could you also compare those rubbers to vega DEF? I would probably like something with the same sponge but a bit softer and with a tacky topsheet.

Could you also compare those rubbers to vega DEF? I would probably like something with the same sponge but a bit softer and with a tacky topsheet.

Vega Def is just way slower and suits better for chopping. The Tau 2 has a medium soft topsheet that lets you sink the ball easily.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
So the Tau has a softer topsheet than vega DEF? Is the grip better? I find the DEF to be quite soft already.
The DEF is not that slow, it's way faster than any hurricane for sure, and comparable to any controlled tensors like fastarc series, but the top gear is faster than any other rubber (it is 60 deg after all).
I also would not say it is useful for chopping, it is too fast for that and only available in max thickness.
Maybe I will try the Tau, or just continue to boost the DEF.

So the Tau has a softer topsheet than vega DEF? Is the grip better? I find the DEF to be quite soft already.
The DEF is not that slow, it's way faster than any hurricane for sure, and comparable to any controlled tensors like fastarc series, but the top gear is faster than any other rubber (it is 60 deg after all).
I also would not say it is useful for chopping, it is too fast for that and only available in max thickness.
Q%

Vega Def has a characteristic that the ball does not bounce that much compared to Tau 2 so I would rate it as slower. Sure it is still bouncer than a non-boosted h3 due to lesser tack but not with Tau 2.

I've been using the Tau 2 for a few months now, playing at least once a week, i think it's more durable than the Vega Japan for me

Yes it is as good as a Chinese rubber in terms of durability.