Back to Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84
  1. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 444 835
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 835 444
    #61
    Tuesday evening I played with Tau 2 on a Primorac all wood blade for a 1 hr practice session with our coach.
    I got on very well with this set up, found it easy to use after mainly using Acoustic inner with Rakza Z recently.
    Topspin was pretty consistent and heavy spin, the ball is really dragged down onto the table, not many balls went long. Speed is generally faster than H3N but not vastly faster.
    Throw angle seemed to be (for me) medium-ish, nowhere as high as Rakza Z, similar to H3N.
    Short game control is great, pushes with high back spin without really trying, we were doing some short serve, short push return, 3rd ball short push 4th ball long push to either BH/FH and then topspin v backspin open up or if possible close to the table loop kill against the long push.
    many short push errors were made by coach!! There was a little more backspin on the ball than he was expecting during serve return and long push!!
    My FH topspin open ups were good, fairly tight to net and good spin, I found I could really control angles very well and place the ball where I wanted (considering my level of play) I think that this was the reason I put a good number of balls past the coach, some strong angles cross table.
    Tau 2 feels softer than H3N, harder than Rakza Z
    Blocking was very good as well, when blocking coaches topspin and loops my returns were pretty consistent and precise.
    One thing I noticed is that when we were warming up FH topspin, the ball sometimes felt like it ‘fell’ of the rubber straight into the net, more likely my poor stroke causes this, happens with H3N as well, but way less with Rakza Z and for me ESN / Spring sponge rubbers, that bit of extra bounce takes the ball over more.

    Tau 2 is pretty close to H3N as far as general characteristics are concerned, but more bounce and speed, less tackiness (slightly).
    so if you want a close alternative to a tacky Chinese rubber then this could be the one for you!!
    Very nice rubber, worth the wait getting it!!! shame it’s not readily available in Europe, it should be, listen up Xiom!! (Ditto Ying and Guang rubbers!!)

    The Following 3 Users Like IB66's Post:

    latej, MK73 and 1 other


  2. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,768 5,870
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,870 2,768
    #62
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    Tuesday evening I played with Tau 2 on a Primorac all wood blade for a 1 hr practice session with our coach.
    I got on very well with this set up, found it easy to use after mainly using Acoustic inner with Rakza Z recently.
    Topspin was pretty consistent and heavy spin, the ball is really dragged down onto the table, not many balls went long. Speed is generally faster than H3N but not vastly faster.
    Throw angle seemed to be (for me) medium-ish, nowhere as high as Rakza Z, similar to H3N.
    Short game control is great, pushes with high back spin without really trying, we were doing some short serve, short push return, 3rd ball short push 4th ball long push to either BH/FH and then topspin v backspin open up or if possible close to the table loop kill against the long push.
    many short push errors were made by coach!! There was a little more backspin on the ball than he was expecting during serve return and long push!!
    My FH topspin open ups were good, fairly tight to net and good spin, I found I could really control angles very well and place the ball where I wanted (considering my level of play) I think that this was the reason I put a good number of balls past the coach, some strong angles cross table.
    Tau 2 feels softer than H3N, harder than Rakza Z
    Blocking was very good as well, when blocking coaches topspin and loops my returns were pretty consistent and precise.
    One thing I noticed is that when we were warming up FH topspin, the ball sometimes felt like it ‘fell’ of the rubber straight into the net, more likely my poor stroke causes this, happens with H3N as well, but way less with Rakza Z and for me ESN / Spring sponge rubbers, that bit of extra bounce takes the ball over more.

    Tau 2 is pretty close to H3N as far as general characteristics are concerned, but more bounce and speed, less tackiness (slightly).
    so if you want a close alternative to a tacky Chinese rubber then this could be the one for you!!
    Very nice rubber, worth the wait getting it!!! shame it’s not readily available in Europe, it should be, listen up Xiom!! (Ditto Ying and Guang rubbers!!)

    glad you like it. try brushing the more ball more and engage the sponge more with a more forward motion at at 30 degree angle.

    The Following User Likes yogi_bear's Post:

    IB66

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  3. tt_beginner is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 20 158
    T
    tt_beginner is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 158 20

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2020
    Aaland
    158
    20
    219
    Read 0 Reviews
    #63
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear

    glad you like it. try brushing the more ball more and engage the sponge more with a more forward motion at at 30 degree angle.

    how would it compare to the Vega Japan for the backhand side?

  4. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,768 5,870
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,870 2,768
    #64
    Quote Originally Posted by tt_beginner
    how would it compare to the Vega Japan for the backhand side?

    I do not recommend both for backhand since both are tacky and very hard. Tau II is harder.

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  5. tt_beginner is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 20 158
    T
    tt_beginner is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 158 20

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2020
    Aaland
    158
    20
    219
    Read 0 Reviews
    #65
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear

    I do not recommend both for backhand since both are tacky and very hard. Tau II is harder.

    what do you recommend as BH on the Xiom lineup?

    oh that is why I'm having a bit of errors on my BH lol

  6. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,768 5,870
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,870 2,768
    #66
    Quote Originally Posted by tt_beginner
    what do you recommend as BH on the Xiom lineup?

    oh that is why I'm having a bit of errors on my BH lol

    Vega Pro or Vega Japan 2.0mm

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  7. tt_beginner is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 20 158
    T
    tt_beginner is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 158 20

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2020
    Aaland
    158
    20
    219
    Read 0 Reviews
    #67
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear

    Vega Pro or Vega Japan 2.0mm

    what do you think about using the Omega V Pro as BH

    also I'm still amazed even after 5 months or so , my Tau 2 is still able to pick up a ball for a few seconds

  8. latej is offline
    says Hips 1st
     
    Advanced TTD Member 173 258
    L
    latej is offline
    says Hips 1st
     
    Advanced TTD Member 258 173

    User Info Menu

    #68
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    DHS no 15 is also a very strong glue, and when used in a number of layers forms a thick very ‘rubbery’ layer. Which is something some players really like, but I’ve found it to be a ‘pig’ to remove!!
    Same with Stiga Attach Power Glue, strong, but hard to peel. I'm now trying 2 layers of Revolution No 3 on sponge and 1 layer of Stiga Attach Power Glue on blade (and booster directly on sponge (tip from Tango K)). Curious how the peeling will be...

  9. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 58 159
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 159 58
    #69
    Quote Originally Posted by latej
    Same with Stiga Attach Power Glue, strong, but hard to peel. I'm now trying 2 layers of Revolution No 3 on sponge and 1 layer of Stiga Attach Power Glue on blade (and booster directly on sponge (tip from Tango K)). Curious how the peeling will be...

    Yes. Let us know


  10. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,768 5,870
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,870 2,768
    #70
    Quote Originally Posted by tt_beginner
    what do you think about using the Omega V Pro as BH

    also I'm still amazed even after 5 months or so , my Tau 2 is still able to pick up a ball for a few seconds

    Omega V Pro is faster by a good margin vs Tau II. These rubbers are apples and oranges difference.

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  11. Rinforzando is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 29 53
    Rinforzando's Avatar
    Rinforzando is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 53 29
    #71
    First session tonight with the Tau 2 on fh and bh. Rubber was so good that I bought another one right after the session...

    Loaded with spin, and the ball sticks to the table so very safe, not many balls were sent too long. At my biggest surprise, it felt very good on the backhand. So easy to topspin constantly with it !
    I liked it on the forehand too, but you really need to compress the sponge in order to have a "kick" (same apply for bh).

    Compared to Bluegrip C2, Tau 2 was a tad spinnier (not sure), lower throw (still medium I guess if Bluegrip C2 is high) but felt safer because of a more curved ball and shorter ball trajectory.

    Will see how it plays in match, because the practice session tonight was only fh/bh topspin on a return board...

    Did I mention the price ? 30€ + free shipping on AliExpress. Unbeatable !
    Last edited by Rinforzando; 05-23-2021 at 11:17 PM.

  12. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,768 5,870
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,870 2,768
    #72
    Tau 2 is really cheap for its performance. I cannot find any other good H3 alternative than Tau 2.
    ​​​

    The Following User Likes yogi_bear's Post:

    FIXPOINT, SFF_lib

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  13. tt_beginner is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 20 158
    T
    tt_beginner is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 158 20

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2020
    Aaland
    158
    20
    219
    Read 0 Reviews
    #73
    I'm wondering why Xiom hasn't released it worldwide

  14. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,768 5,870
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,870 2,768
    #74
    Quote Originally Posted by tt_beginner
    I'm wondering why Xiom hasn't released it worldwide

    It's xiom own business strategy.

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  15. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 444 835
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 835 444
    #75
    Hi Yogi,

    Have you tried boosting Tau 2 ?

    Cheers.

  16. zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    Master TTD Member 7,746 5,568
    zeio's Avatar
    zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    Master TTD Member 5,568 7,746

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2018
    PNG
    5,568
    7,746
    21309
    Read 0 Reviews
    #76
    If they release it worldwide, then no one will get the OVII China Guang/China Ying/Hyper. 😑

    The Following User Likes zeio's Post:

    MK73

    Race for Tokyo 2020+1 - Women's Top 11, Japan
    Time capsules - 2020, 2024, 2028

  17. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,768 5,870
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,870 2,768
    #77
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    Hi Yogi,

    Have you tried boosting Tau 2 ?

    Cheers.

    Yes. Tried 2 layers seamoon but only after a month of using it because I was afraid it might feel different. It became softer but somewhat more bouncy.

    The Following User Likes yogi_bear's Post:

    mocker88

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  18. zentt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 24 33
    Z
    zentt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 33 24

    User Info Menu


    Nov 2020
    Great Britain
    33
    24
    105
    Read 0 Reviews
    #78
    How do Tau 2 and Omega 7 Asia differ please Yogi and any other forum members who have played both?.
    Thanks....

  19. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,768 5,870
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,870 2,768
    #79
    Quote Originally Posted by zentt
    How do Tau 2 and Omega 7 Asia differ please Yogi and any other forum members who have played both?.
    Thanks....

    O7A is non-tacky and faster.. Tau 2 is spinnier.

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  20. tt_beginner is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 20 158
    T
    tt_beginner is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 158 20

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2020
    Aaland
    158
    20
    219
    Read 0 Reviews
    #80
    Quote Originally Posted by zeio
    If they release it worldwide, then no one will get the OVII China Guang/China Ying/Hyper.
    lol true

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.