Xiom Tau II

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

glad you like it. try brushing the more ball more and engage the sponge more with a more forward motion at at 30 degree angle.

Hi Yogi,

Used the Primorac / Tau 2 (both wings) the last 3 times I’ve played, played much more solidly and controlled. Got to grips with the away from table play as well, had some awesome long range rallies and some great BH finishing shots.
This rubber seems to be getting better each time I use it!!
It has retained its amount of tackiness, and I think that now it has been ‘broken in’ the sponges catapult now kicks in a little more.
Speed is slower than RZ, but this is helping me rather than hindering!! I find I can pick a point to hit the ball and do so with greater accuracy. This is the reason I retried this set up, less unforced errors, better control and accuracy.
Spin is still super good!!
Got 2 more sheets coming along with the H8 80!!!

Hi Yogi,

Used the Primorac / Tau 2 (both wings) the last 3 times I’ve played, played much more solidly and controlled. Got to grips with the away from table play as well, had some awesome long range rallies and some great BH finishing shots.
This rubber seems to be getting better each time I use it!!
It has retained its amount of tackiness, and I think that now it has been ‘broken in’ the sponges catapult now kicks in a little more.
Speed is slower than RZ, but this is helping me rather than hindering!! I find I can pick a point to hit the ball and do so with greater accuracy. This is the reason I retried this set up, less unforced errors, better control and accuracy.
Spin is still super good!!
Got 2 more sheets coming along with the H8 80!!!

Just clean it from time to time during matches since it easily picks up dust. Other than that, I am all praises with the Tau II. It is quite selling well in China.
​​

This user has no status.

Yes. Tried 2 layers seamoon but only after a month of using it because I was afraid it might feel different. It became softer but somewhat more bouncy.

Please Yogi, was it still playable or the control was too poor ? Especially for receiving, pushing long and short. I have one but it is slightly little for the blade I want to glue it on and I wouldn’t want to lose the control in the short game.

This user has no status.
Thanks for your feedback Rinforzando. This falco booster seems to be used to make the sponge more dynamic and faster but not enlarges the rubber from what I know. I only have Seamoon and Comet. I think I will put a thin layer of Comet hoping that it will not softens the sponge too much as it is an ESN sponge and makes the rubber too much bouncier and hard to control. If it is still controllable with the falco I am optimist for the Comet. But who knows, I will test and see how it responds. It is a pity that this rubber is only available for Asia market, I really love it.

Yogi, if you pass by here I would appreciate your feedback too

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Thanks for your feedback Rinforzando. This falco booster seems to be used to make the sponge more dynamic and faster but not enlarges the rubber from what I know. I only have Seamoon and Comet. I think I will put a thin layer of Comet hoping that it will not softens the sponge too much as it is an ESN sponge and makes the rubber too much bouncier and hard to control. If it is still controllable with the falco I am optimist for the Comet. But who knows, I will test and see how it responds. It is a pity that this rubber is only available for Asia market, I really love it.

Yogi, if you pass by here I would appreciate your feedback too

I forgot to tell you, but the Falco booster doesn't soften the sponge or just a little bit. Biggest difference was how easy it was to do a counterspin after the boost. By far the best rubber for counterspin I have tested.

This user has no status.

I forgot to tell you, but the Falco booster doesn't soften the sponge or just a little bit. Biggest difference was how easy it was to do a counterspin after the boost. By far the best rubber for counterspin I have tested.

Yes, that’s what I read. I boosted it and it is dry now. Just by pressure it doesn’t seem softer but hard to be certain about. The game will tell…

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Unfortunately no. The only way I know to get it is on aliexpress but the price raised up. On the beginning it was around 30 euros, now it is more around 45-50 euros I think. It’s been a long time ilI haven’t looked

It is currently for sale on Aliexpress by several sellers for about 37 Euros.....