European / Japanese Rubber for spin-oriented play

This user has no status.
Dear table tennis enthusiasts,

I started playing table tennis again only one and a half years ago, but am making great progress. Mostly, because I had been introduced to the proper techniques in a proper club when I played for 2 years as a child. I am (extremely) forehand dominant, play spin-oriented and am very (too) aggressive. Beside my obvious weaknesses I continuesly work on, I had switched to a chinese forehand rubber (DHS H3, both regular and neo). But I decided to switch off of it again, due to the low margin for error.
My current setup is: MX-P (2.1) - Primorac - FXP (2.1)
I really like the control the softer backhand rubber provides and the pace the MX-P creates without much effort. But I think there are rubbers out there that create more spin than the MX-P and are a little easier to control. I feel like my opening loops don't have the same amount of spin the H3 created.

Is there a Euro/Jap Rubber that: (sorted by importance)

- creates LOTS of spin (I don't mind spin sensitivity too much)
- is slightly less bouncy in the short game than a T05 (I like the MX-P short game a lot) or in other words: really linear
- has a slightly higher arc than the MX-P
- is quite inexpensive (35-45 Euro)
- has a softer/more controllable "little brother"

Setups I thought about: (FH/BH, keeping my blade obviously)

XIOM Omega 7 PRO / XIOM Omega 7 Europe (somethat expensive, but very light)

XIOM Vega X or XIOM Vega Pro / XIOM Vega Euro

Tenergy 05 or Tenergy 05 Hard / Tenergy 05 fx or Rozena (rather heavy (T05hard!) and expensive)

But I am open to any ideas you might have! Somewhere in this forum, there should also be a post in which there is a video of my technique if that helps.
Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
FH:
-Nitaku fastarc g1
-Tibhar Genius
-Yasaka Rakza 7
BH:
-Donic Baracuda
-Xiom Vega pro
-Yasaka Rakza 7 soft

All same generation ESN rubbers, similar, good durability, not as bouncy as newer tensors.
None of them is too hard or soft, can be played on either side (I like vega pro on both sides).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Nitaku fastarc g1or Tibhar genius for FH, Rakza 7
Donic Baracuda, Xiom Vega pro for BH, Rakza7soft
All same generation ESN rubbers, similar, good durability
Could there be a fitting Fastarc series rubber for my backhand? I really like the review on the fastarc g1, but I also like to match my FH and BH rubber's brand. (I know it sounds odd :D)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I have mixed feelings about the EL-S... I just don't seem to get when the catapult kicks in... Maybe I hadn't given it enough time.

Sounds like you really don't like the catapultiness of 45-degree (or harder) rubbers. In this case - why not keep it simple and put a softer 42-43 degree rubber on both FH/BH? Both your spin production and control will increase for sure.

GT is a very hard Chinese-hybrid rubber, 54 deg, tacky. GT PS is its softer and bouncier version (50 deg). Both with monstrous spin capabilities. They most likely use one of Rhyzer sponges. Rhyzer are non-tacky, easy to generate a lot of spin, and very fast, faster than GT.

I myself don't like very fast stuff on my FH, as my blade is already very fast, but I can say Rhyzers are quite controllable considering the speed they produce.

Reactions: Kjell Willers
This user has no status.
Sounds like you really don't like the catapultiness of 45-degree (or harder) rubbers. In this case - why not keep it simple and put a softer 42-43 degree rubber on both FH/BH? Both your spin production and control will increase for sure.

I probably cuold have expressed myself more precisely. I like linear rubbers. I basically liked everything about the H3. If it weren't for the extremely low margin for error, I would still play it today...
I just don't like if the catapult sets in unexpectedly. The T05 is actually kind of bouncy at any impact speed. The MX-P and especially the EL-S is good in the short game, but both have their catapult setting in at weird speeds at different hit angles.
So I should've written that I like linear rubbers. Going to update my Original Post.

This user has no status.
Could there be a fitting Fastarc series rubber for my backhand? I really like the review on the fastarc g1, but I also like to match my FH and BH rubber's brand. (I know it sounds odd :D)

There are S1 & C1 in 45 degree hardness but never tried any of those, those might be too big of a jump in hardness since FX-P is 39-41. Baracuda in 2.0 might be perfect, much more durable, not as bouncy and just a bit harder.

There are S1 & C1 in 45 degree hardness but never tried any of those, those might be too big of a jump in hardness since FX-P is 39-41. Baracuda in 2.0 might be perfect, much more durable, not as bouncy and just a bit harder.

How Baracuda is much more durable is beyond me.

This user has no status.
Dear table tennis enthusiasts,

I started playing table tennis again only one and a half years ago, but am making great progress. Mostly, because I had been introduced to the proper techniques in a proper club when I played for 2 years as a child. I am (extremely) forehand dominant, play spin-oriented and am very (too) aggressive. Beside my obvious weaknesses I continuesly work on, I had switched to a chinese forehand rubber (DHS H3, both regular and neo). But I decided to switch off of it again, due to the low margin for error.
My current setup is: MX-P (2.1) - Primorac - FXP (2.1)
I really like the control the softer backhand rubber provides and the pace the MX-P creates without much effort. But I think there are rubbers out there that create more spin than the MX-P and are a little easier to control. I feel like my opening loops don't have the same amount of spin the H3 created.

Is there a Euro/Jap Rubber that: (sorted by importance)

- creates LOTS of spin (I don't mind spin sensitivity too much)
- is slightly less bouncy in the short game than a T05 (I like the MX-P short game a lot) or in other words: really linear
- has a slightly higher arc than the MX-P
- is quite inexpensive (35-45 Euro)
- has a softer/more controllable "little brother"

Setups I thought about: (FH/BH, keeping my blade obviously)

XIOM Omega 7 PRO / XIOM Omega 7 Europe (somethat expensive, but very light)

XIOM Vega X or XIOM Vega Pro / XIOM Vega Euro

Tenergy 05 or Tenergy 05 Hard / Tenergy 05 fx or Rozena (rather heavy (T05hard!) and expensive)

But I am open to any ideas you might have! Somewhere in this forum, there should also be a post in which there is a video of my technique if that helps.
Thanks for your help :)

I have tried tenergy 64fx and rozena both 1.9mm on the BH side. The Rozena rubber is really nice and about 20euro cheaper. Rozena is like a little brother to 64fx very similar but a tad slower. Im sticking with rozena for BH for sure. I will also follow this thread since Im in the same situation "finding replacement to H3 neo".

Last edited:
This user has no status.
OK, so based on your input, I will further look into the Fastarc G-1 and the Xiom Asia variants. The Fastarc G-1 seems to have really good control and short game, as well as being linear. But I don't know about its spin production - especially on slow loops and the serve, my strengths.
If anyone has more input, I'd be more than happy to read it. In any way, I will try to get my hands on some on those rubbers to test them.
Cheers guys :)