ok Who is the greatest chinese player,,,obviously waldner is the best ever euro

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
So hard to say who is the best, every player on the list had a lot of supporters, but I'm sure in China also a lot of people will voted for Rong Guotuan, he made a significant contribution to Chinese TT, his story and exploits had been chosen in textbook when I'm in primary school, I even remember Rong had a motto "Life can be a few back stroke".:eek::eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
After a great debate on who is the greatest Waldner or Ma long....

Lets see who people think is the GREATEST ever chinese Male player....

here s a decent list to be going on with...if you can think of others please put them on list. ..

1 Guo yue huo
2 chuang tse tsung
3.Wang liquin
4.liu guo liang
5 Kong ling hue
5 ma lin
6Jiang ji liang
7Wang hao
8jaing zhike
9.ma long
10.he zhi wen Took ma long and wang liquin to 4-2 and he s fifty and plays with short pips...
11 wang tao
12chen xinhua

My personal favorite and a player who along with bengtson inspired me to take up the bat is guo, who probably only lost about 5 times over 6 years....
Please get your spelling corrected, I can not recognise many of them because of the spelling. e.g. "jaing zhike" (Meant to be Zhang Jike)

This user has no status.
We cannot begin this discussion without defining the word "great".
Do you mean the player who has the greatest impact to the table tennis community?\
Or the player who has the best technique? (which the word "best" needs to be defined too)
Or the player who has the best world/national/personal win-loss records?

It is with out a doubt Ma Lin who the is best player. Sure he hasnt won a world championship, but why do you compare the 'greatest' player based on the number of titles won? Ma Lin has very deceptive serves, powerful 3rd ball attack, reliable backhand block, extremely quick when he's close to the table, very powerful and consistent forehand loop at all distances from the table, excellent defensive skills (lobbing away from the table and chopping every once in a while) and he just has a lot of variety in his game. Oh yeah and good footwork!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
It is with out a doubt Ma Lin who the is best player. Sure he hasnt won a world championship, but why do you compare the 'greatest' player based on the number of titles won? Ma Lin has very deceptive serves, powerful 3rd ball attack, reliable backhand block, extremely quick when he's close to the table, very powerful and consistent forehand loop at all distances from the table, excellent defensive skills (lobbing away from the table and chopping every once in a while) and he just has a lot of variety in his game. Oh yeah and good footwork!
I back this up. +1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
**** Chinese Table Tennis!
Under that kind of very corrupted "State-Sponsored" system, everyone has to bribe the coach to get to the top. How proud is that? Slaves I say.
It is sportsmanship and fair play that matters, not the Stakes.

says Best setup ever for a modern defender :D
says Best setup ever for a modern defender :D
Jan 2011
For me; it's Kong Linghui. Definitely reminds me of the modern day, Zhang Jike; similar playing style, was ranked first (if im not wrong about Kong), teamed up with a penholder for the olympics (with Liu Guoliang) :)

Back you up, I also think that Kong Linghui is the best of all time,a very basic playing style with only 3 serves his movement and intelligence in the strokes made him a powerful opponent, He is also a grandslam winner and for sure he got to be in this thread