German Open 2020

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Well, Ito lost and lost .. It's okay ... She's not a robot ... Maybe she was not in the mood today .....:eek:

Personally, in February I’m only interested in two things now ...
Can Hayata reach the semifinals in Hungary Open? (she nr.12 seeding..)
Which team will China declare for Qatar Open? (Deadline tomorrow) ...:eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well, Ito lost and lost .. It's okay ... She's not a robot ... Maybe she was not in the mood today .....:eek:

Personally, in February I’m only interested in two things now ...
Can Hayata reach the semifinals in Hungary Open? (she nr.12 seeding..)
Which team will China declare for Qatar Open? (Deadline tomorrow) ...:eek:

She is not a robot, but very unstable in her mood. Just look when she is loosing, she starts playing more risky shots and beeing unpatient.
The other problem is she cannot vary the spin, smashes are good at start, because the ball is much faster but later on when the point continues and the opponent make a step back those smashes are easy to return just because of lack of spin.
Mima is very fast on her feet and mostly starts the point very well, she would be much more dangerous if she can play more spin in her FH shots.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
She is not a robot, but very unstable in her mood. Just look when she is loosing, she starts playing more risky shots and beeing unpatient.
The other problem is she cannot vary the spin, smashes are good at start, because the ball is much faster but later on when the point continues and the opponent make a step back those smashes are easy to return just because of lack of spin.
Mima is very fast on her feet and mostly starts the point very well, she would be much more dangerous if she can play more spin in her FH shots.

You gave a very accurate description, I agree with you ...
Nevertheless, there is no one to replace Mima Ito ... So far, in any case, and until Tokyo 2020, that's for sure ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Like I have told everyone repeatedly, the matches with Ding Ning and Ito have always been close and if you give Ding Ning time and she is healthy, she will figure out something in internal training. Doesn't mean Ito can't beat her but that it isn't the guarantee some people think it is. Ding Ning likes to be challenged to bring out her best.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Like I have told everyone repeatedly, the matches with Ding Ning and Ito have always been close and if you give Ding Ning time and she is healthy, she will figure out something in internal training. Doesn't mean Ito can't beat her but that it isn't the guarantee some people think it is. Ding Ning likes to be challenged to bring out her best.

If a player outside CNT gets too hot, the coaches have closed training sessions to work out a solution and figure out their style, it happened with Hirano and attention now being focused on Mima.

Ding Ning is exceptional anyway.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018

This is exactly what I had in mind when I gave a prediction for a fifty fifty match ... Unfortunately, Mima Ito was too emotional today ...

Wow, Dima's placement was vicious that match. FZDs footwork and anticipation was pretty sloppy that whole match though, that's the sort of symptom he had going into his slump, he needs to get out of that quick, can't really afford another long slump.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
fB3MCHG.gif

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi