opinion on my racket choice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
hi, im looking for a new racket. im 15 y.o. topspin player (playing for 6 years). im now playing with petr korbel and yasaka 7 2mm fh and donic quattro aconda medium 2mm bh. since im playing a lot of tournaments i get to try many different kinds of rackets. one time i played with matsudaira alc rakza x on bh and stiga genesis II on fh, i really like the speed of it (which i handeled well) and how easy it was to return different kinds of spins with me hitting flat. i also enjoyed fh topspin and bh flicks. the only thing i didnt like about it was blocking. i had to make a lot of adjustments and it would often go into the net or when blocking topspin over the table. i did some research and i came up with idea on my possibly next racket: harimoto alc, rozena 2,1mm bh and stiga dna pro h 2,1mm fh.
i would love to hear what do you think about it or maybe give me some recommendations :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I think you are do only person who can answer. You said that you are testing a lot of equipment, have you played with any part of the equipment you mentioned?

TTgearlab tested harimoto alc against innerforce and korbel:
https://ttgearlab.com/2019/12/10/ho...-innerforce-layer-alc-comparison-by-lab-test/

That information might prove useful. Personally I think that might be big power jump for you. I am personally hater of Butterfly gear so I won't advise regarding your choices. Just wanted to share a possibly useful resource.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
yes i have tested rozena and dna but im not sure about the rubber thickness
Were you testing 2.1mm thicknesses or thinner? How often (hours per week) do you play? If you've tested the 2.1mm and liked it and train very regularly, then maybe go for it. Regular practice makes adjustment easy. Also have you asked your coach about it? The coach is usually one of the best sources of information.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
i forgot to ask the owners of the rubbers about the thicknesses because it was just a quick test on the tournament. i play about 8 hours a week. and yes i asked my coach about his opinion and he is pretty sceptical and thinks the speed will be a problem for me, however when i switched from donic allround blade and some thin allround rubbers i was able to adjust my strokes in a week or so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
i asked my coach about his opinion and he is pretty sceptical and thinks the speed will be a problem for me

Well, there is your answer.
Your coach probably knows more about your game than you do. And he surely knows more about your game than anyone in this forum.

Keep in mind that a quick test is not the same as using it.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Keep in mind that a quick test is not the same as using it.
Exactly. I personally do think that it is easier to adapt to new rubbers than to a new blade. Maybe just swap the rubbers on your current korbel. If that is not enough then just transfer rubbers to new blade after few months or so.

Seniors of this forums keep saying (with their infinite wisdom) to change one thing at a time. Change only rubber or blade at a single time, only then you can judge the impact of the change.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I am always surprised that someone asks if such and such a set is good, for you it can be brilliant for another hopeless. The background is bad for someone very good - you have to judge yourself how I play it - no one will honestly say whether it is good or bad

Exactly. I personally do think that it is easier to adapt to new rubbers than to a new blade. Maybe just swap the rubbers on your current korbel. If that is not enough then just transfer rubbers to new blade after few months or so.

Agree with Kuba. I have Korbel and Rozena 2.1 on my backhand. It's a lovely combination. Save the money from getting Harimoto, and test various rubbers.