What Are Your Thoughts On The Stiga DNA Series?

says What is better Stiga Genesis II M or Stiga Mantra M...
says What is better Stiga Genesis II M or Stiga Mantra M...
Jan 2020
I am wondering if I should switch to the Stiga DNA Hard on my FH. Right now I have Mantra H on FH and Mantra M on my BH. I am an OFF- to OFF player who relies on mainly spin, and speed to out play my opponents. Any thoughts? Also, are there any spin oriented, but fast enough rubbers that I haven't stumbled upon and I need to know about? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This review thread on the Stiga DNA Pro will be helpful in answering your questions:
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...DNA-Pro-Rubbers-Review&highlight=Stiga+review

I like the DNA Pro M on my backhand. Nice grippy top sheet, decent power and spin.
The biggest downside is that this rubber series is heavy. A lot of German (ESN) rubbers are heavy now.

I think that Xiom's Omega VII might be a little lighter. Not sure on the exact weight of Omega VII Asia though.

This user has no status.
Back to the original topic... Almost every company that makes ESN rubber is selling a 50 degree (Or higher) version. Too many to choose from really. Some are more forgiving than others, but from reading the reviews they all seem pretty fast and can be very spiny for people with solid technique, weight transfer, and timing.

I'm currently using JOOLA Rhyzer Pro 50. It is one of the less forgiving 50 degree rubbers, but I'm used to it now and playing well with it. It has a low throw and harder topsheet than most ESN rubbers. From reading Yogi's review it sounds like DNA is easier to create spin with and has a higher/safer trajectory.

I'm tempted to try Omega VII Asia, but honestly there are so many to choose from.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
It's my second sheet of DNA M after 2 sheets of mantra S and i'm really happy with DNA M. I find the balance spin / speed / trajectory to be very good and i feel safe with. I would say that DNA is maybe less direct than mantra.

It's hard to compare them concretely but if you play spin oriented it might be a good choice (i also play very spin oriented)

The only thing i like less is for the serve. Not sure but it's maybe because i need some minimal arm speed with it to serve well. That said, it's still precise

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am wondering if I should switch to the Stiga DNA Hard on my FH. Right now I have Mantra H on FH and Mantra M on my BH. I am an OFF- to OFF player who relies on mainly spin, and speed to out play my opponents. Any thoughts? Also, are there any spin oriented, but fast enough rubbers that I haven't stumbled upon and I need to know about? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

How long have you been playing? Any idea on your level? Have you played in any USATT tournaments?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Never played in USATT tournaments but I am impressed by the DNA.
This rubber is surprisingly good in control and provides variety of gears. I will not say that this is the most spiniest but it is good rubber and blocking and counter topspins are smooth.

I asked pfalconett specifically because it says he lives in USA (TN) and because of the way he has been asking questions about TT equipment.

If you live in India and have not been to the USA then you of course would not have played in any USATT tournaments.

Also, you are able to express actual qualities of the rubbers you are describing. To me, it sounds like you have been playing longer than pfalconett.

I was trying to save pfalconett some $$ and trouble with EJing while his level is such that he cannot really tell the difference between different blades and rubbers.

Of course I could be wrong. But by the way pfalconett has posted in multiple threads, and the questions he has asked about different kinds of equipment, or even that he describes himself as an Off- to Off player makes me think he is going down a rabbit hole of buying equipment that he does not have the technique yet to actually reap benefits from having.

TTW

This user has no status.

TTW

This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I asked pfalconett specifically because it says he lives in USA (TN) and because of the way he has been asking questions about TT equipment.

If you live in India and have not been to the USA then you of course would not have played in any USATT tournaments.

Also, you are able to express actual qualities of the rubbers you are describing. To me, it sounds like you have been playing longer than pfalconett.

I was trying to save pfalconett some $$ and trouble with EJing while his level is such that he cannot really tell the difference between different blades and rubbers.

Of course I could be wrong. But by the way pfalconett has posted in multiple threads, and the questions he has asked about different kinds of equipment, or even that he describes himself as an Off- to Off player makes me think he is going down a rabbit hole of buying equipment that he does not have the technique yet to actually reap benefits from having.

I don't know how long pfalconett has been playing but DNA has been a really good rubber for me. I use the hard version of DNA.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don't know how long pfalconett has been playing but DNA has been a really good rubber for me. I use the hard version of DNA.

No matter how good the rubber is, if he actually should be playing with a Donic Appelgren Allplay and Mark V or Vega Intro, or some inexpensive Chinese equivalents that are for people learning the basics, DNA would be hard to use for someone who does not actually know the fundamentals and does not have precise spin contact.

I don't know that that is the case. But the way the OP asked many of the questions he asked in the multiple threads he opened, it sounded like he might be quite new to playing TT. Maybe not. But maybe. Since he has not been back on this thread since he opened it, we will see if he does ever come back.

But it is quite common for players who are lower level to buy expensive equipment that is way over their ability to use the equipment, and often they are thinking, I get the fastest, bestest equipment now (note how many different "what is the best" threads OP opened) and I will grow into it. But that is not actually how TT equipment works.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Could, should, would...doesn't matter, rubbers don't make as much difference as most people proclaim.

The guy used Mantra H. If anything, the DNA has a slightly softer topsheet thus more forgiving. Comparing both directly, I would say the DNA has slightly more grip (though still behind Omega 7 and Tenergy 5), slightly bouncier, but more or less the same top end speed as the Mantra.

Shouldn't be too big of a switch if he just needs to replace rubbers.

Last edited: