ITTF video quality ? Is there a reason ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Not really issues, but simply cost. Serving high resolution and frame rate videos is not an easy webservice to host and the bandwith usage can get expensive.

They're using the Akamai CDN for the livestream so it seems they don't have the self-hosted infrastructure available. Again, which makes sense as it would be expensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Not really issues, but simply cost. Serving high resolution and frame rate videos is not an easy webservice to host and the bandwith usage can get expensive.

They're using the Akamai CDN for the livestream so it seems they don't have the self-hosted infrastructure available. Again, which makes sense as it would be expensive.

ITTF released statement on the new grand smashers, i wonder if this will include a revolutionary new way to watch the matches online.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
in a german podcast the ittf producer in charge said that the video quality will be 50 fps and so on with the new worldseries branding. so i guess you have to wait till the beginning of 2021. maybe they can already use it for the upcoming test events. i didnt read all the pages here, but he also said that the quality is so bad right now because there are current contracts. in this contracts the partner in charge is not required to host a better quality. Some of the ittf video highlights on youtube are inhouse productions. thats why they have a way better quality then the streaming uploads. lets be a bit more patient with them

Last edited: