My rubber is broken, but I've never seen this before...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
This rubber is 4 months old and has not seen too much play time. I had recently re-glued it because I peeled it off a bit on a push or something and it was loose at the top. There were no problems before I took the rubber off, or after I glued it back on and played with it the next day. After about a week I was able to play again but when I took my paddle out of the case I saw what looked like to be an air bubble and wondered how it happened to show up a week after I had glued it. So I took the sheet off again and to my surprise it wasnt an air bubble but something wrong in between the topsheet and the sponge...

I'm currently emailing Tihbar to see what can be done in this situation, I dont want to have to shell out 45 bucks for another sheet ...

Anyone ever had this happen to them before?

IMAG0339.jpg

This user has no status.
I have exactly the same thing (on only one place) on my 2,5 years old Andro Revo Fire (red 1,7mm) , on the spot where i hit the ball with more agressive loops.

This happens when one or two pimples get loose from the sponge , when you remove a rubber from the blade to reglue (tune) it , you have to be carefull not to bend the rubber too much (keep it as parallel as possible to the blade) to avoid this.

My good old Revo Fire is ready for the bin now, i will have to buy another one, but i wait til next season, because due to a knee operation (acl reconstruction) i will have to wait 6 months before i can resume playing :(

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Yeah I've seen it countless of times, though it never happened to me. I think you did the right thing by contacting Tibhar. It looks pretty serious. I assume, there are always a few defect rubbers during productions, and you seem to be unlucky enough to get that particular one.

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
A few of your pips got disconnected from the sponge.
This happens due to bad factory glueing, or either due to overboosting/speedglueing, putting too much tension on the rubber.
You might also have stretched your rubber too much while "rolling it out" onto your blade.
Either way, I wouldn't expect too much of a refund from Tibhar. I had it once with one of their Tibhar Aurus Soft rubbers, and I didn't even try to contact them...

This user has no status.
Yeah I've seen it countless of times, though it never happened to me. I think you did the right thing by contacting Tibhar. It looks pretty serious. I assume, there are always a few defect rubbers during productions, and you seem to be unlucky enough to get that particular one.

You're right that Tibhar probably will give you a new sheet but it doesnt's always has to be a defect rubber which gets bubbles like these.. I experienced it a couple of times myself and saw it on several paddles by other people. If one of the pips breaks and the rubber looses contact to the sponge you get these bubbles. It can happen if you hit very hard and have a small sweet spot so you always strain the same place on the rubber. Especially the newer rubbers where subber and sponge are glued together under a lot of tension tend to get these problems after some time. If you're lucky it's only a very small bubble which eventually will fade and you can carry on playing but after some time it surely will expand and you then have to change the rubber..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
This is just unfortunate timing as I am playing in a tournament February 25-26 and Tibhar hasn't responded in 3 days after asking me how often I play with the rubber and to send a picture...therefore I just bought another sheet from Amazon and hope it gets to me in time... I do not glue very often and I have been using Genius for about 2 years now and my previous sheet never did this and I reglued it fairly frequently.