Stiff and soft blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I believe the Andro TemperTech ALL+ could have fit the bill, though I haven't been able to find another one since losing mine. ;-c Since it has a Hinoki outerply, a really soft flexy wood, it provides a sense of softness, however also because of the moisture removal process of creating the veneers, it's also quite stiff!

This user has no status.
Yes, I thought about 7-ply hinoki but discarded it for the same reason. Maybe Septear Lead, although I haven't tried it.
Tibhar IV-L, I am considering just now. Four-ply ayous, very common in France. Hardly flexes, interestingly, the blade takes it all in although it's not lifeless by any means. Too soft for me, especially with plastic balls (these blades have been around for a while) but I think it would fit the bill. With a Vari Spin it's kind of fun actually, for a pure all-rounder's game. I even tried the Swing version (violin-shaped) a few years back, but with a soft Ventus Spin it all became a bit vague.

Ok so here you gave us some good infos we can work with. You're an allrounder playing with Vari Spin... well in the past I had 2 mates playing like that and they had the Tamaropa ( 1 ply hinoki) + 2 Vari Spin 2.0 and they where really happy with this combo. The ball was the 38 so with the plastic one you'll need to have more control and less spin than in the past. However I would say something like a Chila off could fit for you. Easy to find in France and a really good all+/ off wood with balsa core.