Coronavirus impact on TT clubs

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
A BBC article https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51214864 said >10% (not 2%) died. I am among this age group.

Wear a mask? Corona virus is airborn, it's spreads via tiny dropplets of water in the air. A mask will hinder your breathing capabilities, but will keep you relatively safe. Also keep you hands clean. Wash them often.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I think I have to stop going to my local club for a few months as I am afraid of getting the bugs. How about you guys?

In the US? Why? You are far more likely to get the flu and you can die of it if you do.

As of today 16,000 or so have been infected in China and around 350 have died. As of today 9 cases in the US. It will get worse before it gets better, but still no need to panic.

Of course if things get a lot worse here then maybe. For now I live my life.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Corona virus is NOT airborne, it is through droplet infection and will spread more with using your hands.

There are numerous sources reporting it to be airborne. Cnn, times all not so trustworthy sources. On the other hand New South Wales Government suggests `Infection control precautions should be applied throughout any admission; additional isolation precautions (contact and airborne) should be continued until 24 hours after the resolution of symptoms.`

Also cdc (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html)
Most often, spread from person-to-person happens among close contacts (about 6 feet). Person-to-person spread is thought to occur mainly via respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes, similar to how influenza and other respiratory pathogens spread.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
In the US? Why? You are far more likely to get the flu and you can die of it if you do.

As of today 16,000 or so have been infected in China and around 350 have died. As of today 9 cases in the US. It will get worse before it gets better, but still no need to panic.

Of course if things get a lot worse here then maybe. For now I live my life.

I was optimistic as well! A few days ago I talked to one of my friends who went to Wuhan for her New Year celebration. She went to Shanghai to get a flight to US on the New Year just after the government ordered the lockdown on Wuhan. She with her husband are now on self isolation for 2 weeks. I think many other people from Wuhan did the same thing like my friend and unknowingly passed the virus down to others. This is why I try to stay away from playing TT for a little while until things are clearer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
There are numerous sources reporting it to be airborne. Cnn, times all not so trustworthy sources. On the other hand New South Wales Government suggests `Infection control precautions should be applied throughout any admission; additional isolation precautions (contact and airborne) should be continued until 24 hours after the resolution of symptoms.`

Also cdc (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html)

Dude, droplet infection is not airborne! Both have different vectors. It has the same vector with TB. Are you in the medical and paramedical field because I am a nurse and a droplet infection is different from airborne.

Reactions: lasta
It is called droplet infection because the droplet of cough or sneeze does not stay in the air. The virus is transmitted by things an infected person touches where the droplets landed. Please re-read the cdc article before giving misinformations. If the virus is airborne a lot of other people shpuld be affected now.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I was optimistic as well! A few days ago I talked to one of my friends who went to Wuhan for her New Year celebration. She went to Shanghai to get a flight to US on the New Year just after the government ordered the lockdown on Wuhan. She with her husband are now on self isolation for 2 weeks. I think many other people from Wuhan did the same thing like my friend and unknowingly passed the virus down to others. This is why I try to stay away from playing TT for a little while until things are clearer.

I would be more worried about contact with your friends from Wuhan. But it is still unlikely you are going to get it.

But in the end, if it makes you feel safe, wait for this to get contained. Nothing wrong with being extra cautious if you really feel you could catch it. But again, you are more likely to catch it from a friend who was recently in Wuhan than someone at your TT club.

Reactions: Baal
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
A few hundred die in Jan 2020 from a virus and the world is in panic.

20,000+ in USA have dies from Sepsis (that became septic shock) in Jan 2020 (yes, just one month) and there is absolutely no panic or airline screening or quarantine of millions. It is easily treated (if the doctors don't have the Merck manual stuck their rear end)

The way to avoid a virus is to wash hands with soap and water, and keep immune system strong. That means good rest, proper nutrition, REST, no prolonged over-exertion over days, no crazy stress, no going without meals... also means continuous hydration and attention to vitamin levels and minerals.

Of the last Vitmin D and Vitamin C have the most impact.

Got early stages of a virus, a tsp of ascorbic acid and some water stop it in its tracks. Got it a little more incubated? a tsp ever few hours for a day or two and good bye.

Reactions: Wister
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
It is called droplet infection because the droplet of cough or sneeze does not stay in the air. The virus is transmitted by things an infected person touches where the droplets landed. Please re-read the cdc article before giving misinformations. If the virus is airborne a lot of other people shpuld be affected now.
Then sry I was lost in translation. In Polish it's called "zakażenie drogą kropelkową" which was translated to airborn by the dictionary.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
I know one time in Dec this year I got a cold due to playing with some infected folks from touching the ball during serving. I have a bad habit using my palm to wipe off sweat on my forehead. In TT we also help other players by picking their balls if they happen to be around us. I buy couple head bands this week and bring my sanitizer along.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Another overlooked important way to keep a strong immune system is to be outside daily a few hours in fresh air and hopefully sun shine.

The microbes in good honest fresh air, especially those on seaside coastlines or mountains do wonders for you.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk