Need help building a new paddle

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I'm looking to make a paddle that can generate a lot of spin but plays on the slower side. Can anyone give me suggestions on this?

Whatever blade you choose, make sure it has softer outer layer, like limba maybe, no carbon, flexible blade. I think Andro Novacell All/S or something like that is not bad, but I am not 100% sure.
For rubber, look into Yinhe Gig Dipper for your FH, its a hybrid tacky rubber, only $20-25. Generates a lot of spin on proper strokes, but it is slow. I played with this rubber on fast blade for a while, loved it! My son has it on his blade now.
Can't suggest slow BH rubber as I have never used one.

So the Xiom or Stiga on the backhand? or r u suggesting any of the 3 for both my forehand and backhand

If you are looking for a slower setup, I don't think Vega Japan is your best choice. If you are looking for a slow setup, I think you need to start with a blade 1st. Once you have a blade, based on its stiffness and flexibility, as well as composition, you are going to start looking for rubbers. Lots of people suggest Hurricane 3, and its a great rubber, but it has negatives as well.

What is your level, why are you looking for a slower setup? Just curious because I made a slow allaround blade for my son, who is just a beginner, and I was very specific in all of my requirements. Right now he is very happy with it, and his whole setup would cost me $85 if bought new (I used one of my older rubbers and got one rubber from a friend)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So the Xiom or Stiga on the backhand? or r u suggesting any of the 3 for both my forehand and backhand

He said H3 for FH so the other two (Xiom Vega Japan or Stiga Genesis 2 M) would be a choice for BH.

I would say there are tons of ways you could go with rubbers.

If you want slow and spinny, for a blade I would say, Donic Appelgren Allplay. It has an excellent ply construction for spinning the ball.

H3 for FH seems to make sense to me. You could get TG3-60 for BH that would be very spinny as well. Yogi's recommendations would be fine as well. But I think TG3-60 might be less expensive and more spinny.

Last edited: