Caronavirus & Tokyo 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Sepsis has a 50% kill rate and no one freaks out, even though it is deadly serious. It is very mis-diagnosed and often caught very late or not caught and death attributed to something else. There is a very effective treatment formulated by a well known doctor, yet the medical community does not utilize his method, which is practically 100% effective if utilized earlier than a few hours before death.

There is a decades-long well-known effective treatment for virus, Vitamin C IV (.2g/kg body wt daily), which fortunately Dr Peng at Zongnan hospital will be utilizing. Low C makes people much more susceptible to virus and large amounts of C are excellent as an anti-oxidant assisting cellular response at combating the oxidative stress on the body and respiratory system. This was effective in treating ARDS. It works on virus. It is very safe. There are no side-effect deaths from Vitamin C.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017

One method of overcoming this difficulty is to calculate the case fatality ratio using only those cases whose final outcome – died or recovered – is known. However, this method, when applied before an outbreak is over, gives an overestimate because the average time from illness onset to death for SARS is shorter than the average time from illness onset to recovery.
Although I agree that the ratio of deaths to outcomes can change due to various things like finding better techniques for cures, the reasoning they use about the average time from illness to death and illness to recovery is flawed. It implies the ratio of deaths to survival will magically change by itself.

Meanwhile, the articles agrees that the deaths to infected ratio is under estimating the truth death rate.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sepsis has a 50% kill rate and no one freaks out, even though it is deadly serious. It is very mis-diagnosed and often caught very late or not caught and death attributed to something else. There is a very effective treatment formulated by a well known doctor, yet the medical community does not utilize his method, which is practically 100% effective if utilized earlier than a few hours before death.

There is a decades-long well-known effective treatment for virus, Vitamin C IV (.2g/kg body wt daily), which fortunately Dr Peng at Zongnan hospital will be utilizing. Low C makes people much more susceptible to virus and large amounts of C are excellent as an anti-oxidant assisting cellular response at combating the oxidative stress on the body and respiratory system. This was effective in treating ARDS. It works on virus. It is very safe. There are no side-effect deaths from Vitamin C.

I just took 20,000 mg of vitamin C. Should that keep me safe from this London Sewer Rat that is licking my ear?

IMG_2281.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Also, I came across this quote in a book that shall remain nameless. I kind of felt it fit with any time a table tennis physicist was causing a scene:

"The world of mathematics has been confined to the linear world for centuries. That is to say, mathematicians and physicists have overlooked dynamical systems as random and unpredictable. The only systems that could be understood in the past were those that were believed to be linear, that is to say, systems that follow predictable patterns and arrangements. Linear equations, linear functions, linear algebra, linear programming, and linear accelerators are all areas that have been understood and mastered by the human race. However, the problem arises that we humans do not live an an even remotely linear world; in fact, our world must indeed be categorized as nonlinear; hence proportion and linearity is scarce. How may one go about pursuing and understanding a nonlinear system in a world that is confined to the easy, logical linearity of everything? This is the question that scientists and mathematicians became burdened with in the 19th Century; hence, a new science and mathematics was derived: chaos theory." :)

Hopefully that makes sense to someone. :)

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Better yet, wash your hands.

Oh and Carl. Rules. Physics. TT forums.

Don't encourage the incorrigibles.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I just took 20,000 mg of vitamin C. Should that keep me safe from this London Sewer Rat that is licking my ear?

View attachment 20875

Carl, the C is great against virus and although it boosts immune system function, just in case, for the bacteria and mold, eat 6 -10 cloves of raw garlic with your lettuce, rice and meat tonite and you should be stronger than Popeye. However, Olive Oil might be repulsed and let Brutus have the kisses, but all in all, you don't want what she might give you anyway.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
zkOwyoyYQh8.jpg

The boobies all are the optimistes.
Not all optimistes are boobies.

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Get lots of sleep. Stimulates immune function more than any dietary supplement.

Reactions: Der_Echte
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl, the C is great against virus and although it boosts immune system function, just in case, for the bacteria and mold, eat 6 -10 cloves of raw garlic with your lettuce, rice and meat tonite and you should be stronger than Popeye. However, Olive Oil might be repulsed and let Brutus have the kisses, but all in all, you don't want what she might give you anyway.

I think, having Squiggle cleaning my ears is all I need as protection from COVID-19.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I never knew about C until my last year in service.

Given the pretty much week long lifting, standing, waiting, next to no sleep, dragging everything around, getting half a dozen shots on the same day, eating crappy Army food and being around hundreds of people in close spaces... That is enough to compromise the immune system of an Abrams Tank. The virus and sickness you get in the major assembly areas we all called the "Kuwait Krud"

Still, had I known about oral ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) treatment back then, I would have been way less sick and rebounded in a couple days, instead of a week. As long as I keep my immune system reasonably strong functional, whenever I feel the early stage of a flu (sometimes the throat, sometimes the back), 5-10 g of C once or twice in the day holds the flu off for me.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Garlic doesn't do much again a virus except support your microbriome (which is important to handle infections of bacteria and virus). So, there is a little to it for a virus, but there are other things great vs virus.

Raw Garlic is super against bacteria and fungus. Raw Onions are super vs virus. Bone broth stock helps too.

Unfortunately, you don't get to cook your own food in a deployment and do not have much access to fresh whole foods. Sure, you can get mail and can order ascorbic acid and there is that, but deployed situations can suck. The year-long eating of crappy chemicalized preserved stuff they call food and drinking the sugar-laden energy drinks they provide can really wreck your immune system and hurt you in other ways during one year.

Ask Next Level how his joints got jacked up.

Reactions: Dream2K
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Get lots of sleep. Stimulates immune function more than any dietary supplement.

I mentioned lack or sleep or repeated under-sleep or poor quality sleep as a huge factor in the immune system getting compromised... but what Baal just said is so damned important... and most do not do it.

Poor or not enough sleep is SO DAMAGING in other ways too.

A Commander or Sergeant who had crappy sleep days and weeks on end would make the most stupid crazy decisions affecting lives... bad or too little sleep endangers lives in many ways.

Sleep is so restorative. It is pretty much the single most effective thing one can do to be healthy. The body can heal and maintain itself given the right situation.

When one gets poor or not enough sleep, the body will not recover and will get setup for a big fall.

There is a reason why Popeye always championed the ideas of eating Spinach (so many vitamins. minerals, and other goodies) and being sure to get 40 winks (8 hrs sleep).

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I mentioned lack or sleep or repeated under-sleep or poor quality sleep as a huge factor in the immune system getting compromised... but what Baal just said is so damned important... and most do not do it.

Poor or not enough sleep is SO DAMAGING in other ways too.

A Commander or Sergeant who had crappy sleep days and weeks on end would make the most stupid crazy decisions affecting lives... bad or too little sleep endangers lives in many ways.

Sleep is so restorative. It is pretty much the single most effective thing one can do to be healthy. The body can heal and maintain itself given the right situation.

When one gets poor or not enough sleep, the body will not recover and will get setup for a big fall.

There is a reason why Popeye always championed the ideas of eating Spinach (so many vitamins. minerals, and other goodies) and being sure to get 40 winks (8 hrs sleep).

Der, are you saying that a fat guy who looks orange and has a habit of tweeting at 3 in the morning from the oval office is probably not getting enough sleep and making crappy decisions for the USA and the world? Is that what you are on about?

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Severe sleep cycle disruption and declining complexity of speech, including slurring, loss of vocabulary, syntax errors, are among the symptoms of dementia. Not that I am referring to anyone in particular, mind you, although it is fair to say that keeping people with progressive cognitive decline in positions of substantial responsibility generally leads to bad outcomes for everyone. Again, speaking generally and in clinical terms.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Carl, you ought to sign a 3 yr contract for the Army, then get stuck on staff duty, a 24 hr duty where you are essentially answering phones, doing building cleanup, and general baby-sitting... but you are not allowed to sleep that 24 hrs.

It is amazing that I have done this duty literally hundreds of times and had zero incidents driving home... but there were moments where I answered the phone and identified myself and my outfit as Task Force Pink Pretty Please, how may I help you... usually while I was mistakenly visualizing pink panties in my semi-conscious intermittent grogginess of the last couple hours of my tour of duty.

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+2]Safety first.
No vaccine, no Olympics.
Recklessness kills.
[/size]
I do hope very much His Imperial Majesty of Naruhito and all the Japanese Supreme Government will take same view of the problem..

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
None of the recent news is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.