Recommend a forehand rubber

This user has no status.
Currently using JOOLA Rhyzer Pro 50 (max) with JOOLA Nobilis as my blade (Nice Nobilis reviews from Dan and Yogi).

Overall I like it. I like the harder sponge rubbers (50 and up) compared to the medium hard (47/48) because of the extra control during touch play and linear behavior. Also great when hitting hard. The Rhyzer Pro topsheet is a little harder than most ESN rubbers which I seem to like because I can do a little bit of brushing contact.

I'm ready for a new sheet of rubber and there are big discounts on Omega VII, Rasanter, DNA, and evolution (but not Rhyzer). I'm also trying to decide if I like the low throw of Pro 50. It makes my loops more deadly, but I hit the net more often when not looping (I'm hitting the net sometimes during basic drive / counter hits). Maybe it's worth it to try Omega VII Asia? DNA H? Are those safer options? Or go with an even more advanced rubber like Rasanter 53? Shell out the extra cash for Dignics? Go with something much slower and softer because my skill level isn't developed enough?

I guess I'm just curious how the other hard sponge rubbers compare. Trying out a hybrid tacky rubber isn't out of the question either. (I don't want to boost anything).

Here is a video of me hitting forehands during a practice session. I haven't had practice with a coach in a while. His blocks of my loops were putting me under more pressure than the average guys that I play with.

https://youtu.be/N7WsVZ59IHA

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Have you tried any of those? My suggestion might a pretty unpopular one, buy I am flabagestered by the Gambler Burst Thor Hammer. I've been using it last month. It's hybridy type of rubber. I think it lies more on the hard rubber side though. It has no perceivable tack, the bell does not stick to it, but it plays like a tacky rubber to me, more brushy less crushy. Excellent touch, amazing spin, nice power. There are some other users of this rubber, maybe they could attest to it. thekleifheit13 is one of them. The only con of this rubber that comes to my mind is the fact that it is rather inexpensive and does not have the bling factor. Also there are the Volt rubbers from Gabler, that are supposed to be real good, but I haven't used them yet. They are in transit for me :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I have two O7A cut a little bit larger than 150x157...its about two months old but hasn’t had that many hours out on it...maybe 40...I’ll let you have them to test out to see if you want to buy your own new sheets, or spend your money buying another rubber you mentioned and test both.

I took them off my AZXi after downgrading to Korbel...I finally came to the realization that I was using way way way too fast equipment and it was getting in the way of my development. Many posters here helped me (by proxy) to realize that...want to start my stay on this forum by helping someone else.

PM me or whatever to work out the details if interested.

This user has no status.
Have you tried any of those? My suggestion might a pretty unpopular one, buy I am flabagestered by the Gambler Burst Thor Hammer. I've been using it last month. It's hybridy type of rubber. I think it lies more on the hard rubber side though. It has no perceivable tack, the bell does not stick to it, but it plays like a tacky rubber to me, more brushy less crushy. Excellent touch, amazing spin, nice power. There are some other users of this rubber, maybe they could attest to it. thekleifheit13 is one of them. The only con of this rubber that comes to my mind is the fact that it is rather inexpensive and does not have the bling factor. Also there are the Volt rubbers from Gabler, that are supposed to be real good, but I haven't used them yet. They are in transit for me :D

I don't see the Thors Hammer version for sale on zeropong. Where do you buy it from?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I don't see the Thors Hammer version for sale on zeropong. Where do you buy it from?

Oh my bad. It seems that they discontinued it, or at least changed the name. I bought mine in December on the zeropong. Oh Toro sounds a lot like thor though. I will ask them directly and share the response.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Go with rasanter r53. You will like it.
Currently using JOOLA Rhyzer Pro 50 (max) with JOOLA Nobilis as my blade (Nice Nobilis reviews from Dan and Yogi).

Overall I like it. I like the harder sponge rubbers (50 and up) compared to the medium hard (47/48) because of the extra control during touch play and linear behavior. Also great when hitting hard. The Rhyzer Pro topsheet is a little harder than most ESN rubbers which I seem to like because I can do a little bit of brushing contact.

I'm ready for a new sheet of rubber and there are big discounts on Omega VII, Rasanter, DNA, and evolution (but not Rhyzer). I'm also trying to decide if I like the low throw of Pro 50. It makes my loops more deadly, but I hit the net more often when not looping (I'm hitting the net sometimes during basic drive / counter hits). Maybe it's worth it to try Omega VII Asia? DNA H? Are those safer options? Or go with an even more advanced rubber like Rasanter 53? Shell out the extra cash for Dignics? Go with something much slower and softer because my skill level isn't developed enough?

I guess I'm just curious how the other hard sponge rubbers compare. Trying out a hybrid tacky rubber isn't out of the question either. (I don't want to boost anything).

Here is a video of me hitting forehands during a practice session. I haven't had practice with a coach in a while. His blocks of my loops were putting me under more pressure than the average guys that I play with.

https://youtu.be/N7WsVZ59IHA