says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The 2020 Europe Top 16 Cup has commenced (8-9th February). This 2 day event will takes in Montreux, Switzerland. Germany's Timo Boll the leads the men's singles standings.

Main Draw

Knockouts

Men's Singles Seeds

mattiasfalck2020.jpg

Sweden's Mattias Falck enters the Europe Top 16 as the #1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

01) Mattias Falck
02) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
03) Timo Boll
04) Simon Gauzy
05) Liam Pitchford
06) Vladimir Samsonov
07) Marcos Freitas
08) Jonathon Groth
09) Kristian Karlsson
10) Daniel Habesohn
11) Tomislac Pucar
12) Robert Gardos
13) Wang Yang
14) Darko Jorgic
15) Emmanuel Lebesson
16) Lionel Weber

Women Singles Seeds

sofiapolcanova2019.jpg

Sofia Polcanova enters the Europe Top 16 as the #1 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

01) Sofia Polcanova
02) Petrissa Solja
03) Bernadette Szocs
04) Han Ying
05) Elizabeta Samara
06) Matilda Ekholm
07) Margaryta Pesotska
08) Polina Mikhailova
09) Ni Xia Lian
10) Britt Eerland
11) Hana Matelova
12) Barbora Balazova
13) Natalia Partyka
14) Yana Noskova
15) Dora Madarasz
16) Rachel Moret

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved in the TTD discussions!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular Top 16 event! What are your predictions?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Watching Jorgic play Wang Yang and Pesotska against Han Ying at the same time reminds me why I should never give up watching European table tennis.

They have such funky styles.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Han Ying - pity ... Foot problems ...

(on the other hand, it’s good ... She could have circumvented Hina Hayata in the ranking, Hayata has a large deduction of old bonuses for February 2019):eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: zeio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Darko Jorgic vs Wang Yang is a match that has to be seen to be believed. When a top player plays a chopper with his backhand as if it is a forehand on most of the points, it is a sign of the times that the end of the world is coming.

The last judgment is given in twenty-two points, too. Gauzy is playing the harp, on the sidelines. :-/

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The last judgment is given in twenty-two points, too. Gauzy is playing the harp, on the sidelines. :-/

When I say that you don't get forgiven for losing to Gauzy in the WTTC, Xu Xin fans continue to complain. I think the loss to Wang Yang speaks for itself

Reactions: Ioiettino
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Gauzy plays better as the underdog. He is mostly about touch, magic, and being in a state of "flow". I think he would have done better if we had stuck with celluloid. His career is not over of course, but whenever he started to show signs of ruthlessness, it didn't last. Xu Xin, being a bit of all this in his way for a long time (a step above and more consistent even then, of course) has made the leap. I'd argue we may not have this current version of him, without the match you mention. Powerful mirror, if there ever was one - all those comments then of Xu Xin being out-Xu Xin-ed. I don't know if Gauzy has it in him. Even his voice, some his reactions... He hasn't grown them yet (not just the reactions), maybe this kind of tournament will help. I really want him to, he's still a rare player.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
German tabletennis will be so ****ed, once Timo retires. Dima isn't really there anymore and he is getting old too. After him there isn't really anyone. Franziska is ok but obviously nowhere near their level.