Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
ZJK should definitely be in the discussion about having the best bh ever. He could do it all with his bh, and he is a GS winner as well, quite the receipt. Among active players I still hold many players in front of Jorgic, but it's not as obvious since the top players aren't as depending on simply one part of their game as he is. His bh HAS to work or he's in trouble.

That is what i am thinking too Rich, ae may not agree on who has the best bh but there are players that have a better bh than Jorgic. If you only base it on doing bh loops against a chopper, it would be too biased.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
To me it is funny how some people keep going back to the best BH ever thing as though the people saying his BH is awesome are instead saying it is the best BH ever.

The OP made one post. He titled the thread "Darko Jorgic-best backhand ever?" (please note the question mark!) and then said:

I have been watching some of Darko's matches recently and have become so impressed with his rocket backhand. It's just incredible. I don't think any player has got a more powerful b/h right now.

It's also cool that his style of play is open and great fun to watch. I predict he will be #1 in Europe and top 10 in the world very soon. Any thoughts?

"I don't think any player has got a more powerful b/h right now......It is also cool that his style of play is so open and great fun to watch...."

Even the OP does not actually say Darko has the best BH ever. To me it seems he may have just put that in the title because it made good marketing sense. Look how many people are arguing he does not have the best BH ever when nobody has actually even said he does. Again, NOT EVEN THE OP. :)

But every time someone says, "yeah, wow, his BH is impressive" or "amazing", someone seems to say, "No, its not the best."

Is there anyone here who is saying Darko has a bad BH? Is there anyone saying it is not a pretty darn good BH?

I mean, really, to me it is too funny how often people are arguing against something that was not even actually claimed. :)

Last edited:
If you put the title as "best bh ever" wouldn"t that open a discussion for the best bh player?? I mean it was literally placed there and even if he did not mention it as a follow up, it is part of the thread title!

Reactions: quanghuysk
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you put the title as "best bh ever" wouldn"t that open a discussion for the best bh player?? I mean it was literally placed there and even if he did not mention it as a follow up, it is part of the thread title!

It was put in the title with a question mark. So, sure, say, "pretty good but there are better."

But this conversation seems odd:

- "Its not the best ever."

- "It is pretty amazing. Look at how hard he hits."

- "You are wrong. It is not the best ever."

- "Look at the things he can do against chop."

- "You are wrong. There are a lot of players whose BH was better."

- "It is remarkable. I have never seen anyone do that with the BH. I am not saying his BH is the best ever. But damn, it is pretty unique and darn good."

- "Nope. I disagree. It is not the best ever."

I mean....hahahaha.

Last edited:
Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
When I was a kid I remember my coach gave me a VHS with the best table tennis points from the date. A lot of Waldner points for sure but for me the most amazing ones were Jörg Roßkopf super strong backhands. Jesus, I could watch that forever. On the 90’s everybody focused a lot on the fh and very less on the bh and when I saw someone using the bh as a powerful weapon and not as just a tool my mind blowed away.

Now I need to watch Roßkopf on youtube and cry for the old days :rolleyes:

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
In China, it's often said playing choppers is a good way to judge how solid your overall game is. It's often narrowed down to the FH, since no one in Asia would use the BH to this extent.

Even though Eastern Europe has had a tradition of producing players with exceptional BH, a player who turns away from the FH like Jorgic is still hard to come by. He makes for a great case study just how far one can push a radical style in this day and age. His game is in and of itself a proof of concept that one can wreck choppers with BH alone.

Last edited:
In China, it's often said playing choppers is a good way to judge how solid your overall game is. It's often narrowed down to the FH, since no one in Asia would use the BH to this extent.

Even though Eastern Europe has had a tradition of producing players with exceptional BH, a player who turns away from the FH like Jorgic is still hard to come by. He makes for a great case study just how far one can push a radical style in this day and age. His game is in and of itself a proof of concept that one can wreck choppers with BH alone.

Exactly.
And in this department - nailing choppers with BH, he has the best BH ever.

I think this is the main thing which has provoked the theme - his nailing BH especially against choppers.
We all know how disgusting a match with a chopper can be. Jorgic is really entertaining with his unique BH, and his BH is really Unique, for sure. A real medicine against the choppers threat.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
You're not "supposed" to use you bh against choppers seeing as it has a much smaller strike zone and that leaves a small margin for error, and you usually get more power from your fh. Jorgic does it the other way and it's fun to watch but he's not gonna win any big titles with this style of play where you expose your entire bh corner because you run over and play a bh from the fh corner. That's not gonna work :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
You're not "supposed" to use you bh against choppers seeing as it has a much smaller strike zone and that leaves a small margin for error, and you usually get more power from your fh.

I'd say choppers give you time and small sweet spot doesn't really matter when playing against them. With his levers backhand loop against choppers turns into fun. No offensive player will give him opportunities to charge this way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The top players are not choppers for a reason. Like I said, Jorgics current style isn't gonna win him any big titles.

I'd say choppers give you time and small sweet spot doesn't really matter when playing against them. With his levers backhand loop against choppers turns into fun. No offensive player will give him opportunities to charge this way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The top players are not choppers for a reason. Like I said, Jorgics current style isn't gonna win him any big titles.

Not sure it is a matter of style but to each his own. There is a bias in TT to make things about style when all the Chinese largely did was invest more resources in playing like Europeans. Liang Jingkun in many ways is a Chinese Jorgic just not encouraged to develop thr same way for different reasons.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
I suspect Jorgic could give RidTheKid a 9 point start and play his backhand to everything and still win. It's easy to mount arguments about the strengths and weaknesses of professional players but reality is we're nobodies and never, ever are we going to play at their level. This time 5 years ago, Jorgic was ranked over 300 in the world. He's now ranked 39 with what RTK considers to be the crappiest backhand in table tennis. How amusing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
You like trolling? Ok I take the bait :) You compare me, someone you've never seen play btw, with a professional tt player? Are you drunk? And where did I say that "Jorgic has the crappiest backhand in table tennis"? You obviously have trouble reading.

I suspect Jorgic could give RidTheKid a 9 point start and play his backhand to everything and still win. It's easy to mount arguments about the strengths and weaknesses of professional players but reality is we're nobodies and never, ever are we going to play at their level. This time 5 years ago, Jorgic was ranked over 300 in the world. He's now ranked 39 with what RTK considers to be the crappiest backhand in table tennis. How amusing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
No similarities whatsoever. Tokic is a much more complete player with a great fh to go with it.

I was thinking recently about how similar in some ways Jorgic is to his compatriot, Bojan Tokic. Anyone else see (some) similarities?

Reactions: Zaid323918