Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
In terms of single-shot quality, Jorgic is definitely up there. Despite the extreme orientation of his game, his short game is actually decent, unlike Kreanga and Ovtcharov. You can tell he's not just brute force from his touch on the short FH. Right now, he has the same problem as with Harimoto - footwork. Because of his style, he doesn't really turn to use the FH much and that limits his options if the BH gets sealed off. So, if he doesn't read the game right, he'd get punished hard.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/be-up-there-with-sb
be up there with sb
informal
to be equal to someone else in ability or in a particular skill:
As a composer, he was up there with the best.

In China, it's often said playing choppers is a good way to judge how solid your overall game is. It's often narrowed down to the FH, since no one in Asia would use the BH to this extent.

Even though Eastern Europe has had a tradition of producing players with exceptional BH, a player who turns away from the FH like Jorgic is still hard to come by. He makes for a great case study just how far one can push a radical style in this day and age. His game is in and of itself a proof of concept that one can wreck choppers with BH alone.

The post below is NOT MY OPINION, merely to show what 1 folk in China thinks.

Funny descriptions for Jorgic's matches against Wang Yang and Pucar.

不喜欢正手,就喜欢反手打削球之———反手小怪兽,来自斯洛文尼亚的Darko Jorgic(约奇克)
上一个这么抡削球的,还是当年打败过刘国梁的,卡拉卡萨维奇。
是真的猛,一颗欧洲之星,正在升起。
Instead of FH, he prefers to play choppers with BH — BH little monster, Darko Jorgic from Slovenia.
The previous one to rip chops like that was the one who defeated Liu Guoliang back then, Karakasevic.
Really fierce. A European star is rising.

反手小怪兽———来自斯洛文尼亚的Darko Jorgic(约奇克),堪称卡拉卡萨维奇和格林卡以后的欧洲最强反手。
反手敢甩,而且能上,全台侧身用反手,猛如虎,欧洲新星,未来可期。
喜欢反手的不可错过,这个就是当代的格林卡。

俩人一个正手好、一个反手爆,球路都比较糙,但是胜在一个“猛”字。请欣赏当代最暴力的几个反手之一。
BH little monster - Darko Jorgic from Slovenia, arguably strongest BH in Europe after Karakasevic and Kreanga.
Dare to rip BH, and land. Running around the FH to use BH, fierce as a tiger, a promising rising star from Europe.
BH lovers can't miss. This is the contemporary Kreanga.

One with good FH, and one with explosive BH, both have coarse games, but make up with "ferocity".

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You interpret different users posts very differently.

Two of the people you claim said Best Ever, Clearly, after I asked, SAID THEY DID NOT.

I know NL is your buddy and that is crystal clear since you've never ever questioned a single post of his on here. You know what that does to your own image as a forum member? :)

This is you trying another douche bag low blow remark.

NextLevel is not claiming you said something you did not or I would do the same to him.

In fact, In this thread, when he dismissed saying Ma Long had the best BH ever, I EXPLAINED the main points you made all that time ago and said you argued it in a way that was valid:

My memory was, the stance was something like this: his consistency has become quite amazing. He can go BH to BH against anyone and will win more of those points than he will lose.

So, the argument had some foundation even if you don't agree with the premise. It still does depend on what you think a BH is for. So it goes back to how there can be many arguments for different versions of best BH.

I just don't think we need to get pulled into the clickbait trap of best. Best for what. Best for consistency? Then it is quite a good point actually.

That was me making a comment that went against something NL said IN THIS THREAD, and NL took it and moved on.

But you can't F---ing admit that you have misinterpreted two people who clearly stated they never said what you say they said. And you make comments like, the one about me never question a post from him.

You just don't frickin' read or understand what you read. That is on you. I know English is not your first language. But if you are so stubbornly sticking to a stance that is clearly wrong and hurling insults, first about my dead wife and my dating life, and then about how I never go up against NL when I have even in this thread.....well it just shows that when you get backed into a corner and you are wrong you act like a low life.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Two of the people you claim said Best Ever, Clearly, after I asked, SAID THEY DID NOT.

This is you trying another douche bag low blow remark.

NextLevel is not claiming you said something you did not or I would do the same to him.

In fact, In this thread, when he dismissed saying Ma Long had the best BH ever, I EXPLAINED the main points you made all that time ago and said you argued it in a way that was valid:

That was me making a comment that went against something NL said IN THIS THREAD, and NL took it and moved on.

But you can't F---ing admit that you have misinterpreted two people who clearly stated they never said what you say they said. And you make comments like, the one about me never question a post from him.

You just don't frickin' read or understand what you read. That is on you. I know English is not your first language. But if you are so stubbornly sticking to a stance that is clearly wrong and hurling insults, first about my dead wife and my dating life, and then about how I never go up against NL when I have even in this thread.....well it just shows that when you get backed into a corner and you are wrong you act like a low life.
I haven't written one word about your wife.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I haven't written one word about your wife.

No, you said something about my dating life and when I pointed out THAT my wife is recently DEAD, you did apologize while admitting you knew she was recently dead. Think about it. I could be wrong. But I think that is kind of slimy argumentative tactics. I am just addressing it directly.

By the way, I teach yoga. I see about 300 clients a week. 95% of them are women. 50% of them are smoking hot. Lots of them are my friends and all of them also have friends. If I was looking to, I don't think I would have any trouble dating. But I can add one plus one when you know my wife is dead and you make a joke about me not having a date for valentines day.

So, did Zeio say Best Ever?

Did NextLevel say Best Ever?

Did Pilgrim say Best Ever?

Or did you simply misinterpret what they said and not understand what they actually meant?

All you would have to do is say, "sorry, they all say they did not say what I thought they said. I must have misunderstood." That is all you have to do. Or, you could drop it and not say anything. That would also work. But now that everyone you say said Best Ever has said they DID NOT, and you are still arguing, it means, something is off.

After so many times of you saying other people said something they did not, I can keep going till you stop doing it or admit that you misunderstood what they actually meant.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Most recent topics at the moment:

Dargo Jorgic - best backhand ever?

Which is the best blade for a backhand dominate player?

Best Brand Over-all?

I do understand that everyone likes superlatives and everyone likes to get the maximum (=most / best) for their money but why can't people be satisfied with something solid or good? Just once?

Darko Jorgic has a very good backhand.
I am sure a solid blade will do for backhand dominate amateur players.
I am sure there are like 100 different opinions about the "best" brand.

Hard to satisfy people nowadays :p

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It's funny. How many times more will need to say that nobody said Jorgic has best BH ever :)

You know better since I have posted extensively.

Pilgrim, Zeio, NextLevel, can you three, in very simply English say something like: "I did not say Darko Joric has the best backhand ever." So that nothing about what you say can be misunderstood? :)

Is that possible?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Most recent topics at the moment:

Dargo Jorgic - best backhand ever?

Which is the best blade for a backhand dominate player?

Best Brand Over-all?

I do understand that everyone likes superlatives and everyone likes to get the maximum (=most / best) for their money but why can't people be satisfied with something solid or good? Just once?

Darko Jorgic has a very good backhand.
I am sure a solid blade will do for backhand dominate amateur players.
I am sure there are like 100 different opinions about the "best" brand.

Hard to satisfy people nowadays :p

This was the best post ever in this thread

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Hello, thanks for all the interesting comments on my original post.It has certainly been quite a lively debate! These are my final thoughts on the subject.

I do (slightly) regret the main headline. It's not important but I have decided to alter it to 'Fastest backhand ever?' Why? Someone mentioned that putting 'best' in the headline was akin to clickbait. I promise that was never my intention.

For the record, though, I don't believe Darko has got the best backhand - there are a number of higher ranked players that use the BH in a more effective way. However, for the 'fastest backhand' question, my vote would still go to the talent from Slovenia. It really is a scary beast and an absolute joy to watch. Looking forward to seeing the unleashed power in Korea and Japan this year.

Finally, I must admit, I am quite pleased the topic has been popular (wish the arguing would stop now) because it has shined a light on this great player. I feel his name has flown under the radar for someone in the Top 40. I'm a tt geek and I didn't know too much about him. Apparently he was the #1 u21 in the world. (Players who manage that feat usually go on to do incredible things. Imagine what that backhand will be like in 2 or 3 years. He's only 21 so it's gonna get even scarier. Happy days.)

That's all from me. Thanks again for reading if you got this far.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Nowhere in this thread do I say specifically this and that user believes that Jorgics backhand is the best. But they talked about it among being the best, or the bh doing things only a great backhand would. How would you categorize those opinions? Some have claimed it is in among the best in the world, and I don't agree. I have also argued why I don't believe it's one of the best and who I believe has the best.

It has been an ongoing discussion how to measure it and offering views how to measure a good backhand. That's what discussions are.

You start talking about me that I'm arguing with a person that doesn't exist, talk about being rude! You have more problem with this thread than I do and you have pinpointed me like you usually do because you have some other issues with me that I have no idea what they are, but that is something you have to sort out for yourself.

Pilgrim, Zeio, NextLevel, can you three, in very simply English say something like: "I did not say Darko Joric has the best backhand ever." So that nothing about what you say can be misunderstood? :)

Is that possible?

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Nowhere in this thread do I say specifically this and that user believes that Jorgics backhand is the best.

Okay. So you didn’t say this:

Both piligrim and NL seems to think it, see first page, NL's post no 10. Even zeio chime in. You're the straw man atm Carl ;)

I singled you out because you keep putting words in other people’s mouths that they didn’t say. It has nothing to do with the subject. It simply has to do with how often you have argued that people said things they didn’t.

Your methods of gamesmanship in trying to argue show your dishonesty.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yes, you wrote “it seems” but over and over you attacked people for their opinions and made it clear you thought they were saying his BH IS THE best. And your responses seemed to indicate to me that you felt they WERE WRONG.

And you wrote that after you told me I needed to read the thread. And you said it in direct response to me saying: “NOBODY HAS SAID JORIC HAS THE BEST BH EVER.”

Even after I made that post where I made the joke about it:

- I am not saying his BH is the best.

- You are wrong. His BH is not the best.

Over and over your comments are analogous to my parody of them.

And quite often, in many many threads, when someone has a different opinion than you, you misunderstand what they say and attack their opinion smothering their comments with your opinions and attacks. As though there cannot be more than one opinion.

And all of this is exactly why I decided, after you doing it so many times in this thread, that I shouldn’t just let it go.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
You two don’t know it yet, but you are stuck in a time-loop. While both of you think little time has passed since this thread started, twenty years have passed for the rest of us. The only way to break the cycle and set yourselves free is clicking this link of freedom and doing some work trough its content. Hopefully no one will ever remember to come back at this thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I attacked people for their opinions? Nonsense. You clearly have a problem with reading compehension because you show a strange urge of twisting other peoples words over and over. Scary. Consider this discussion to be over.

Yes, you wrote “it seems” but over and over you attacked people for their opinions and made it clear you thought they were saying his BH IS THE best. And your responses seemed to indicate to me that you felt they WERE WRONG.

And you wrote that after you told me I needed to read the thread. And you said it in direct response to me saying: “NOBODY HAS SAID JORIC HAS THE BEST BH EVER.”

Even after I made that post where I made the joke about it:

- I am not saying his BH is the best.

- You are wrong. His BH is not the best.

Over and over your comments are analogous to my parody of them.

And quite often, in many many threads, when someone has a different opinion than you, you misunderstand what they say and attack their opinion smothering their comments with your opinions and attacks. As though there cannot be more than one opinion.

And all of this is exactly why I decided, after you doing it so many times in this thread, that I shouldn’t just let it go.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I attacked people for their opinions? Nonsense. You clearly have a problem with reading compehension because you show a strange urge of twisting other peoples words over and over. Scary. Consider this discussion to be over.

Okay, perhaps I am reading too much into your comments.